Anyone know when the B-Model images get shown ? (I see RM8 has commented about the Crane B-model in the 'do you like 2013 sets' thread ... B model sounds great)

Also any idea when they'll appear on the Lego website and in Lego stores ?

I would imagine that the B-model images would be released in June, and the 2nd-Half 2013 (2H2013) Technic models be available for sale in mid-August 2013. Europeans seem to get them before North Americans do. The B-Model PDF Building Instructions sometimes takes weeks to get posted on the Lego.com website(s); we'll see if The Lego Group has learned from past neglect and gets them posted pronto (when consumers expect them to honor their 2-for-1 deal when buying the A-Model model).

There's a blog post on the technic.lego site from 29 april:

With 2606 elements, the LEGO Technic Mobile Crane 42009 is the biggest, and most complex model we've built so far.

It took a year to develop, from the first rough sketches, to the final model was approved.

The last crane we built was in 2005 (8421 Mobile Crane). That was a very cool model, too. It had four axles, pneumatic linear actuators, manual outriggers, and it was very open.

Our goal for the 42009 was to make the model even more sturdy, real life-like, and give it all the functions a real mobile crane has.

pic11BC3420B904D28F201E2B4149FAB3F1.png

The new elements and improved functions include:

- Cross-axle with 8 tooth gearwheel without friction

- Five axles, including four-axle steering

- 8-cylinder engine

- Power Functions

- New outriggers controlled by gear box (up, down, in, out)

- Motorized telescopic boom that extends in two stages - and it can lift heavy

loads even when fully extended.

- Seats and opening doors in crane and cockpit

- Large linear actuators

- Smooth surfaces gives it a very life-like look.

How long does it take to build?

I think an experienced LEGO Technic builder will probably be able to build it in 10-12 hours. So lots of building value!

What can you tell us about the B-model?

It's a container stacker, plus a container and a truck. The truck has four-wheel steering, and the container stacker has an extendable boom that can lift the container.

When the grab arm is lowered onto the container and locked, it automatically centers the container into place, and you can lock the container onto the stacker arm.

Not all the elements in the box are used in the B-model, but you actually get three models and that adds really great play value.

We actually check the Gallery, so if you want to show off your Mobile Crane when you're done building, or if you build something else from the box, we would love to see it. So keep building, and go show off in the Gallery.

I was amazed to not see it in this topic (where I expect these news-like things) when I looked a 2 pages back. So, I thought that it probably would've been posted somewhere else, but I could post it anyway for people that only read this 2013 topic :wink:

Should I post HR images of the new summer technic sets? or does anybody even care? like the last time I posted pictures here!?

Edited by GRogall

Should I post HR images of the new summer technic sets? or does anybody even care? like the last time I posted pictures here!?

If they are new, I will be most interested. And Hi-Res is always good.

oh, ok we will see

all pics link to HR version +2000.pxl!

42001 Mini Off Roader

c_42001_detail_1_800.jpg

42005 Monster Truck

c_42005_detail_1_800.jpg

42008 Service Truck

c_42008_detail_1_800.jpg

42009 Mobile Crane MK II

c_42009_detail_1_800.jpg

thanks for the hi-res pics

still curious about what the b-models will look like, we know the crane becomes a lorry/container/stacker ... I wonder what the rest become ?

The 2 smallest sets, Mini Off Roader and Monster Truck, are sets I'd consider getting for parts.

The Service Truck looks to be good for green parts, and the Mobile Crane MK II for yellow parts, and the 10 (!) wheels.

Truck has small pneumatic cylinder.

Designer is Suzanne :)

lso, no new, longer LA-s on crane

thanks for the new pics GRogall :thumbup:

Can't wait for the 42008 & 42009 :wub:

Also, the yellow panels will be available soon at S@H due to the 42009 release.......I hope!

Edited by francisalmario

Truck has small pneumatic cylinder.

Designer is Suzanne :)

lso, no new, longer LA-s on crane

Who is Suzanne?

B-Model

"What can you tell us about the B-model?

It's a container stacker, plus a container and a truck. The truck has four-wheel steering, and the container stacker has an extendable boom that can lift the container.When the grab arm is lowered onto the container and locked, it automatically centers the container into place, and you can lock the container onto the stacker arm. Not all the elements in the box are used in the B-model, but you actually get three models and that adds really great play value."

Thanks for the high res pics Grogall, can't wait to buy (and start building...) the crane..!

Notice on the crane an 8 tooth gear next to turntable with a friction pin that keeps the turntable from freewheeling.

That 8-tooth gear under 42009`s boom, I wonder if it's there just to increase friction.. Meh, yea, the blue axle-pin connector is seen..

But, maybe there is another gear not visible on any picture?

The more I see of the Mobile Crane the more I want it. This set is most definitely worthy of being a flagship. The 42009 seems to based on the Leibherr 1100:

LTM_1100-5.2%20(2)_10802-0_W615H615.jpg

I live next to a railroad bridge and when they put the new 145 foot concrete beams in place they used a crane very similar to this. They left it there overnight so I went and had a look around it took a few pictures.

terex1.jpg

Edited by therealjustin