Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Battle of New Orleans

I was searching YouTube for some old classic songs/videos, and stumbled upon this great Lego video of the Battle of New Orleans. The song is sung by Johnny Horton and it's perfect for the Lego battle. Take a look:

This is something I would have made if I were talended in the video arena.

It's nicely done and a bit funny.

What I like most about this particular video is the combination of the music and the Lego minifigs. I love how the drummers are in sync with the music. The alligator scene is pretty good as well.

That song's been one of my favorites for quite some time. Very funny video :-D

The alligator scene is pretty good as well.
I loved it! The part with the dragon slayer is genious.

The alligator scene and the scenes where they run where a rabbit couldn't go are hilarious :-D :-D :-D

Great find *y*

Yeah, great find. Really nice vid, and song. I wonder where you can get that song from...

This is a cool little movie, the music does go well with it.

HaHa.This movie is delitefully funny and also informative.If the maker should ever come to read this I just want to say,Congrats on your movie and skill at movie making.

Don't get too attached to Johny Horton, he has some really good songs but he also has some songs that no American should be proud of. He was a very racist man. :( It just sends the wrong opinions of Americans when you hear over half of his songs are about killing black people. :(

I have liked this tune since I was a kid though...

plus animation = awesome

Don't get too attached to Johny Horton, he has some really good songs but he also has some songs that no American should be proud of. He was a very racist man. :( It just sends the wrong opinions of Americans when you hear over half of his songs are about killing black people. :(

I have liked this tune since I was a kid though...

plus animation = awesome

I've never heard a one.

Don't get too attached to Johny Horton, he has some really good songs but he also has some songs that no American should be proud of. He was a very racist man.

I'm certainly no expert on Johnny Horton (just know this one song), but according to Wikipedia this statement is based on mistaken association of the singer Johnny Horton, of "Battle of New Orleans", with the singer Johnny Rebel, who is, apparently a Klan member/racist/originater of the songs you may be referring to.

Bruce

On my webspace, for example:

Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans

Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans (British Version)

(right-click and "save as")

Enjoy ;-)

I had never heard the British version Hobbes. It sounds so much like the American, that it's hard to tell them apart- aside from the lyrics. I have to say that I doubt the Americans ran though. ;-)

Wow. The British have a very high opinion of themselves, considering they LOST that battle. "The fired once more and the rebels began a runnin', all the way down to the gulf of Mexico." Unfortunatley, we didn't, in fact, they did. Plus, That would require running through the british lines to get there...

It was sung by the same guy. I wonder why he did the other side's view *wacko* ???

It was sung by the same guy.

I was quite aware of that.

I wonder why he did the other side's view *wacko* ???

Because, he wanted to be able to sell the song in England, and so he did, and got some money in his pockets.