Shadows

Welcome to Ameribricks.com - Major Changes Coming!

Dear Eurobricks Members:

As most of you know, we've been through a number of software and server upgrades in order to provide you with the best experience possible. During that time, we've installed several new tools that better allow us to track the evolution of the site, and now is the time when we can apply this new knowledge to bring the forum to even greater heights. Specifically, we were able to look at registrations over time, marking very definite trends in our member base and we've come to an interesting evolutionary timeline, of sorts. In the early days of Eurobricks, the site was primarily used by European members who found it to be a comfortable place to share their love of LEGO with like-minded people of a similar background. Gradually, that shifted to a more global membership, which was something we had noticed ourselves, even without the detailed analysis that we have now. The part that surprised us was the last few years, the time when the site has seen it's largest increases in membership and traffic, and that is what we are here to discuss.

To put it simply, what was once a European site has turned into one mostly populated by American AFOLs who now outnumber all other locations by a 4 to 1 margin. As such, continuing to maintain our image as a European site is unfair to the majority of our members. As a result, adjustments are being made. Over the next few weeks, you may notice some slight changes to the site, changes designed to allow us to better accommodate the largest portion of our member base more efficiently while still keeping the site friendly and open to all.

The Plan

• Rebranding of the site to AmeriBricks, along with the necessary change in address.
  • Reworking of site graphics to better match American visual sensibilities.
  • Shifting the focus of our discussions to a more American point of view.
  • Movement of the physical server to America to improve site performance during peak usage times.

Rebranding is currently in progress, feel free to visit Ameribricks over the next few weeks to watch our progress. The majority of the plan is happening behind the scenes and will most likely appear suddenly, which is why we felt the need to let you know about the coming improvements.

We hope that this change will come as both a surprise and a pleasure to you and that we may continue to serve you for many years to come.

~ The AmeriBricks Staff

Speaking of which, our esteemed Root Admin and Graphic Wizard Hinckley has given us this spectacular poster in keeping with the new spirit of Ameribricks.

ameribricks_fuck_yeah.jpg

So, what will happen to the Eurobricks page, seeing as there is both a Eurobricks and Ameribricks page? Anyways, I do look forward to the change!

To be completely honest I understand why you would do it but I don't like it. Eurobricks to me was never a european thing, I never thought of it that way. i guess ill be better with it once im used to it :classic:

Speaking of which, our esteemed Root Admin and Graphic Wizard Hinckley has given us this spectacular poster in keeping with the new spirit of Ameribricks.

*snip*

We really need a Hamburger piece. I hate to say it, being an American myself, but we really, really do.

It was only a matter of time..wasn't it?

I look forward to witness the major changes coming here to ameribricks! :thumbup:

Most hilarious one yet! :laugh:

So, what will happen to the Eurobricks page, seeing as there is both a Eurobricks and Ameribricks page? Anyways, I do look forward to the change!

Nevermind, I see that anything clicked under the Ameribricks page just takes us back here, so the changes will be merged over time, correct?

Nevermind, I see that anything clicked under the Ameribricks page just takes us back here, so the changes will be merged over time, correct?

Right, as we said, this is a work in progress, you're just seeing the beginning of the whole process. There is so much more excitement to come. Yippee!

I understand the change, but I am really not a fan at all. I feel like some of the charm of Eurobricks has been taken away. And the name Ameribricks just sounds bad in my opinion. I'm never gonna be able to look at this site the same way again, and my usage may significantly go down because of it.

I'm never gonna be able to look at this site the same way again

Have some faith, we'll see you through these troubling times and on to a brighter future! :sweet:

It will be different, and I'll probably have a hard name getting used to the change (especially in name), but I really think it is a fair idea, and that ultimately it is the right thing to do. And really, the only thing that willbe entirely different is the name, and the discussion, slightly.

We really need a Hamburger piece. I hate to say it, being an American myself, but we really, really do.

The Hamburgers will get it first. The citizens of

, that is.

, that is.

I'm sorry, what? Do you mean to say that citizens of Hamburg will get a hamburger piece first, or were you picking on my capitalization of "hamburger"? :laugh:

All the American admins and mods (or just the admins and mods I've seen online) have cool American avatars. Daddy, I want a cool American avatar NOW!!! :sing:

I think I know what I'll be doing tonight. :tongue:

Screw a hamburger! We need a Bald Eagle piece!

I guess we should have seen this coming, what with the Native American, Cowboy, Statue of Liberty, and Revolutionary Soldier minifigs. America has truly taken over everything Lego-related.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

, that is.

Edit: I posted earlier, but my browser did not respond, but it musta sent the message anyway. Silly double-post. Please, don't get mad. just enjoy your burgers.

Edited by splatman

Screw a hamburger! We need a Bald Eagle piece!

Paint the Seagull from S10.......

I almost commented on how you're Canadian but then stopped and thought "Wait, that's in North America". Seems legit.

Paint the Seagull from S10.......

I almost commented on how you're Canadian but then stopped and thought "Wait, that's in North America". Seems legit.

Well, as I type this, I'm in a motel room in coastal Oregon, so I can get in on the action for one night. :grin:

We won our independence from Europe once, I'm glad to see we are able to do it again.

Quite honestly, all those confusing accents and "other languages" (there's a language other than American? i don't think so. Nice try, tricky Frenchies, but we know you're just spouting gibberish to try to confuse us) were starting to get on my nerves.

As the old saying goes:

USA! U.S.A! U, S, to the A.

oh well, just hope the change is for the better :sceptic:

ill look again on april 2nd...

We won our independence from Europe once, I'm glad to see we are able to do it again.

Quite honestly, all those confusing accents and "other languages" (there's a language other than American? i don't think so. Nice try, tricky Frenchies, but we know you're just spouting gibberish to try to confuse us) were starting to get on my nerves.

Quite frankly, this is why I voted for it. Languages besides American annoy me, just about as much as the metric system. Why multiply by tens when you can use the convenience of twelves??