Jargo

Model of Dean Clough mill, Halifax, built from Lego

I don't see much of him these days but my big brother Tony Priestman of The Brickish Association has been in the news again and I have to say I'm quite proud and impressed with his latest ambitious project - BBC news article. :excited:

That is quite impressive and congrats to him and his team for making the news... Again! . An ambitious build; 200,000 "bits" bricks in only 3 of 15 buildings! default_huh.gif

Still has a long way to go. I hope you keep us posted on it's progression default_classic.gif

So thats where all the tan bricks went? Seriously are they ordering directly from Lego in exchange for the marketing?

I know, he's a real media whore lol. If I want to know what he's up to I google him. :tongue:

I'll try and get in touch with him for some pictures.

I'd love some of those bricks myself. One can never have enough tan.

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

I hope you keep us posted on it's progression...

I second that. The sheer scale of that project is just incredible, and I'd really like to be able to follow the progress!

Definitely Mind Blowing oh2.gif

I believe the next step in giantism would be to build this in real life size...default_blink.gif

Seriously, I wish I'd be mini-scaled to be able to visit this huge and yet only started construction.

BRILLIANT & BRAVO

Impressive creation....now that's raising the bar totally ! :excited:

'Brickenhead-town-dweller' tell your brother and his co-builder....job well done....but it's not finished *oh2* ....oh, well you better keep us up-to-date eh ? :wink:

You could say they were on a roll ? :smug: (like carpet roll :poke: )

Brick On ! :classic:

Wow, been a long time since I started this thread. I finally caught up with my brother this weekend and quizzed him about this build which is ongoing. Apparently He just didn't get round to making a web page to show it off but has told me that he'll send me proper stats and photos in the new year because the press have misquoted him.

The video linked to in my opening post was only a rehearsal of the interview but because the satellite van didn't arrive in time to do a live interview they missed their link up and could only send the rehearsal tape.

Here's a different article with a small number of photos. And yes, it contains a misquote.

Right, it's been an age since I asked for more pictures, but I finally got an e-mail containing some today. My brother says "We've built another mill and some smaller buildings since this lot." Which means they still have the third mill to complete.

He didn't give me any stats on the actual number of bricks used but I'm not sure I really want to know after seeing all that tan.

8528973339_1e27b0be7e_n.jpg

Hopefully the picture will take you to the flickr gallery I just put up. I'll add to the gallery as I get more pics from my brother. And I'll see if I can drag some stats out of him. Feel free to ask questions. I'll put them to him but it may take a while to get answers. :laugh:

WOW! That is awesome. £10,000 worth of bricks already; this will be an expensive project. Can't wait to see it progress!

That is simply epic...reminds me of 'New Lanark' here in Scotland. Love it!

I was in awe when I first saw pictures of this, and it's even more mind-blowing now. This is a project I'd just love to be able to se up close at some point. Thanks for the update!

WOW! That is awesome. £10,000 worth of bricks already; this will be an expensive project. Can't wait to see it progress!

Luckily the Dean Clough Mill are paying for it. :laugh:

Glad you guys like it. I'll be sure to pass on your comments.

Just want to point out one thing, the odd looking basement sections are where landscaping will eventually be joined to the mill as it sits in a sort of geological trough and is banked on several sides. You can see the beginnings of contours in angled lines where the tan meets the grey.

Edited by Jargo