Sign in to follow this  
Pirate Maniac

The Crimson Blade

thindexedgif.gif 28c

Et elle et finit! Elle et magnifiqe oui?

Ok enough of that, she is finished and I am really pleased with her, I have left a few gaps in the hull because all the parts were pushing against each other and they all had silly solutions, so avery thine eyes from the hull.

Ok, she has 12 broadside guns (I think that's what they're called) and two chaser guns. She comes with a captains quatres and powder store (both unfurnished as I'm using this for play and exterior viewing). A working anchor pully and home made sails.

Gallery when public:

Links:

p1.jpg_thumb.jpg p2.jpg_thumb.jpg p3.jpg_thumb.jpg p4.jpg_thumb.jpg p5.jpg_thumb.jpg p6.jpg_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

Next up, sea town for them to pillage.

p6.jpg

Gallery when public:

Links: 1,2,3,4,5,6

When you do links like this, you don't have to worry about the links being public! Deep links work immediately

You may want to try thumb nail links though... here is what they would look like!

p1.jpg_thumb.jpg p2.jpg_thumb.jpg p3.jpg_thumb.jpg p4.jpg_thumb.jpg p5.jpg_thumb.jpg p6.jpg_thumb.jpg

If you don't know how to do this, we used to have a link to a tutorial... I found it... click this link for the tutorial

p6.jpg

As for the ship.

Overall, nicely done! Good sail color, and overall color scheme design, custom made hull, and a working anchor pulley (which is either a windlass or a capstan depending on how it functions) are all excellent features!

A few suggestion I might make though...

1) though the fencing on the upper deck looks very decorative, if you continued the hull wall structure onto the main deck, you could add more guns up there if desired. That is up to you of course!

2) I would make the foremast (front mast) taller. The main mast and the mast at the fore should be fairly close in height. Though I am not big on historical accuracy, I think it make the ship look a lot better!

3) I have made a couple of sails in my day, and I think the ones here look a little too rectangular... I would try to make them flare out on the sides and convex at the bottom!

4) You better get that fine looking crew of yours on the ship lad!

Over all I think this is a nice ship with some features many of us with multiple ships still haven't ever tried. I for example, am trying for my first time to make a capstan/windlass and brickbuilt hull! I applaud your creativity and fearlessness in taking on some of the hardest and most advanced building techniques my man!

Et elle et finit! Elle et magnifiqe oui?

Yes, indeed she is magnificent! Is this the first MOC ship you've built?

Thanks for the compliments!

I used the brick built hull method because I prefer making something entirely from scratch than from a packet. Plus you can pull it apart easily, make it longer and add interior features.

The sails are actually based off templates from lego sails, so blame them! :-D

Ay yep, this is my first ship. I think I'm going to make some junks for her to battle, but at the moment I'm building my port town (I'll make a WIP thread for that too)

Are you going to take any of Mr ZCerberus's feedback into consideration or are you moving on to focus solely on your port town?

Sorry, I was rushing a bit and forgot about the advice given, my apologies.

I will make the foremast taller, as the sail hangs a little low for my liking so that will be happening fairly soon. I will be keeping the amount of guns and such for the time being, but could you explain more what you mean Mr.Cerebus?

Oh yeah, she is fully crewed now X-D

Nice colorscheme - especially with the sails. I also like the cabin-part.

But it is a very very lonely crew. If you put just 5 more men on the deck i think the ship would look a lot better!.. really.. it looks kinda dead atm.

Ooooo! Which crew did you use? The one pictured in your other thread?

Sorry, I was rushing a bit and forgot about the advice given, my apologies.

I will make the foremast taller, as the sail hangs a little low for my liking so that will be happening fairly soon. I will be keeping the amount of guns and such for the time being, but could you explain more what you mean Mr.Cerebus?

Ah, yes! As for the sails, it they are base on the Lego templates, then their look must be due to the fact that they are tied back on the bottom. I suppose when sailing they would look better because the wind would push them out and prevent them from looking so square! This makes the sails look they have caught the wind. Perhaps this could work for you as well.

As for the continuing the hull wall on to the main deck... here are just a few examples of ships have some sort of decorative railing on the main deck, but still have guns on them as well... you may notice a pattern!

mid02.jpg_thumb.jpg acovenant07.jpg_thumb.jpg pirateship.jpg_thumb.jpg

Always checkout the Ship index on the site for some ideas as well... Here is a link to the index...

Click me for Ship index!

For some reason, I have always liked the very first one in the index there! :-D

So Mr Maniac, can we expect to see The Crimson Blade at Esperanza portuaria when its complete?

Most definatly Mister Phes, although Esperanza portuaria will need a lot of rebuilding when they have finished their visit X-D

If you don't know how to do this, we used to have a link to a tutorial... I found it... click this link for the tutorial

At the top of every webpage in the Pirate Forum there should be a Tutorials link taking you to a list of tutorials. There is also a pinned thread at the top of the Pirate Discussion sub-forum and Pirate MOC sub-forum containing indexes and tutorials.

So hopefully finding the tutorials shouldn't be too hard find!

At the top of every webpage in the Pirate Forum there should be a Tutorials link taking you to a list of tutorials. There is also a pinned thread at the top of the Pirate Discussion sub-forum and Pirate MOC sub-forum containing indexes and tutorials.

So hopefully finding the tutorials shouldn't be too hard find!

Yes but at the time I posted, the link to the thumbnail posts was wrong in the index. bonepart got it fixed though, he is such a vigilant moderator! My point, is at the time we needed another link.

The tutorials should be easy enough to find now that the link is fixed in the pinned threads!! Just click the pinned link at the top of the Pirate MOC forum for all the tutorials and indexes!

Yes but at the time I posted, the link to the thumbnail posts was wrong in the index. bonepart got it fixed though, he is such a vigilant moderator! My point, is at the time we needed another link.

The tutorials should be easy enough to find now that the link is fixed in the pinned threads!! Just click the pinned link at the top of the Pirate MOC forum for all the tutorials and indexes!

But there is still a problem with the links to the tutorials from Classic-Pirates.com. Maybe the site admin can have a look at this?

Not bad for a first ship. My first ship didn't look this good :-D .

Will you post some pictures with the crew on the ship?

very great ship....is really original...i think it would be a great pirate ship...i like specially the colours....black and red are a good combination

That post wasn't directed specifically Mr ZCerebus, that was for the benefit of everyone who was aware those links were available. It actually looks quite pretenious the way I've bolded certain words...