CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

Here a nice HR image of series 10!

Picture links to 3000.pxl version!

c_71001_detail_1_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Awesome! Loving some of those accessories! Look at that wig! And is that the golden fig? Interesting!

Black binoculars? Yes! Love the seagull and the Centurion's face is awesome!

Thank for the picture as usual, GRogall!

Roman Commander and Revolutionary Soldier are perfect, Medusa (at last with Ninjago snake tail?) But 'rare' mr. gold looks very ugly to me, too bad he is pictured here as a part of collection.

Awesome! Loving some of those accessories! Look at that wig! And is that the golden fig? Interesting!

Black binoculars? Yes! Love the seagull and the Centurion's face is awesome!

Where have you been?! Yeah there is a gold 'chase' figure in this series (in addition to the normal set of 16). Not the strongest series in my opinion but some great individual figs and parts.

Thanks for the picture, Grogall!

Perhaps not as exciting as seeing previous Series being unveilied as we have already been introduced to the characters and most of the parts.

Librarian - a nice counterpart to the Computer Geek and good to get another lady's face in glasses. I don't like the Lego books though as far too big - is there any significance to the 'Oranges and Peaches' title?

Painter/Decorator - a decent addition to every town, which is always welcome

Warrior Princess - Not my cup of tea but adds something new and will be popular no doubt

Sea Captain - Potentially my favourite of the Series. The seagull is a nice addition and I can see plenty more maritime themed MOCs on the horizon

Baseball Player - Again, a nice counerpart to the Series 3 batsman. I always welcome variations. It seems the Stackers are the rivals of the Clutchers!

Sad Clown - Very artistic from Lego but I would prefer to have had a different figure to expand the circus theme like a Strongman...

Trendsetter - The Smartphone will be a popular accessory. Another good choice to populate any Lego City!

Golden Figure - I really don't see the point...

Biker/Mechanic - I don't particularly want this figure. A musician from a Rock Group would have been far better with an instrument.

Grandpa - Another of my favourites - I don't like it when people use just a head to represent bald people.

Native - I like the Wild West theme but this isn't the greatest figure.

Paintballer - Not really interested personally

Roman - Will be the most popular figure in the Series. I hope to see many MOCs with all the Roman-era figures in soon...

Medusa - Frightening! Hopefully there will be more mythological characters in future...

Skydiver - I only really like the green helmet

Bee Lady - These animal costumes are always good but probably my least favourite compared to the rabbit, gorilla, etc...

Soldier - excellent wig!

As someone who only collects figures of a certain theme, I'm mixed. On the one hand I have zero interest in the townie figures and I do feel there are too many of them here (why not put some of them in future waves and gives us some more horror or sci-fi guys). However the three warriors look AMAZING. I am glad they've done another Roman warrior as he looks amazing, as do the amazon and Native. The Medusa also looks TONES better with the snake tail legs. I recently started collecting the animal costumes as well and do like how the Bee Lady turned out. The rest I will probably skip (I may get sky diver and paintballer if I can get them cheap enough).

To summarise the ones I don't want look okay but not my cup of tea but the ones I do are AMAZING! I want them in my collection now :D

Epic. The sheer army-building potential of this series looms over me with an intimidating presence.

5. Warrior princess-- Originally I was sure this would become more of a singular character in my collection, but now that I've seen the print I might have to pu together a small group of 4-5. Amazonian, perhaps.

4. Baseball player-- GO STACKERS!! Love the uniform, far better than the S3 Clutchers. With only about 5 of those guys, I'm honestly tempted to do the full 9 of this fig to field an entire team. Love the glove.

3. Centurion-- the Phalanx guard was cool, but this is the definitive Roman soldier. I'm starting to worry about how many of these are in my future. 10 certainly doesn't seem out of the question.

2. Tomahawk Warrior-- Outstanding. The only way it could be better was if they made a new Mohawk mold to accommodate a feather. But this guy's something I suggested years ago in the new ideas thread and am really looking forward to. The only downside to building an army of 12-15 of these guys is that it wouldn't be all that accurate historically. Tribes really had no practice of uniform appearances-- each warrior dressed as he saw fit. And NOTE TO LIFEINPLASTIC: this guy really isn't a Wild West fig at all. He's more of a Woodland Indian, and belongs more in the Napoleanic or Colonial age, depending on where you are. 16th to 18th Century. If anything, he'd belong more with the pirate theme than any cowboy figs.

1. Revolutionary Soldier-- Quite simply, thank you, Lego. Positively a dream come true. I'm all but certain I'll break my own personal record for army building. I have about 24 redcoats and will certainly look to reach about the same mark if I can.

Going to be a very expensive summer... Well played, TLG.

Golden fig is incredibly pointless.

Clown is the only one I am going to kill to have a couple of . The rest are ok.

I wouldn't mind getting an old guy and a medusa, librarian/linquist major, Tomahawk, Barbarian woman, Roman and Bee.

I think the golden fig would look great as a replacement for the medieval statue fig in the upcoming City square set. If one was lucky enough to come into one's possession.

Hahaha-- anyone else notice the print on Grandpa? Look at how high up the torso his pants are pulled up to!! Ha!

Looking closely, I have to comment on the nice little ripped denim vest torso on the biker mechanic. Perfect torso for all those shady lowlifes the massive City Police dept. is always chasing around.

Also, what's with the little dog emblem on the Roman Centurion's chest? Interesting...

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

My favorite series to date!!! LOVE the revolutionary soldier, the tomahawk warrior, the amazon princess and the Roman commander (who is so much more useful than castle than I expected) and the Medusa if far better than I had envisioned. AMAZING! Thanks Grogall!

I I remember correctly, unless it ended up being the wring face, Medusa looks like she has a double-sided face! Thanks for the pic, GRogall!

Librarian - a nice counterpart to the Computer Geek and good to get another lady's face in glasses. I don't like the Lego books though as far too big - is there any significance to the 'Oranges and Peaches' title?

Oranges and Peaches = Origin of Species

Libarian Joke

The little dog emblem lol. Joker. Wolves were big with Romans. Romulus and Remus origins of Rome ring a bell?

It occurs to me that in order to deter scalpers feeling the bags and walking off with all the golden chase figures, putting a top hatted figure like the Jeckyll and |Hyde dude from series 9 into this wave would have been a good move. Because you just know most of these golden figures will be ending up on Bricklink and ebay at scandalously inflated prices.

I think the only one out of this series that I don't like is the Pierrot. Man I hate clowns. I do like his black ruff though. This will probably be the series I buy most of. Besides the Pierrot and the revolutionary soldier, golden fig and Roman I love them all. I like the Roman but i don't have the other Romans and have no use for Romans. The Amazonian woman warrior will be pitted against the Tarzan Jungle dude and some explorers. The Mohican dude will fit in very nicely with the lone ranger stuff once the figures from there have been converted to yellow flesh. I don't really have a use for Medusa but she's a great fig so i have to have her. All the City figures are very welcomed. I think it's a cracking assortment. :sweet::thumbup:

Thanks GRogal again for the great official image

Do you also have an official relesedate?

The warriorfigs are amazing, the others, hmm. Some have great, useful parts

Gold fig = just for kids to go crazy searching for it

Librarian: Not too interesting, although the word "Shhhh!" on the cup is pretty funny.

Baseball player: Interesting glove.

Golden Minifigure: Even if this is as super-rare as it's said to be, I wouldn't want this one and I would sell it if I ever got this one.

Paintball player: Interesting gun and helmet, but not too interesting.

Medusa: Interesting hair and nice to have a nearly unprinted version of the Ninjago snake torso (mythologically she should have normal legs though).

Skydiver: Wonder what LEGO's using for his backpack/parachute.

Skydiver have new backpack piece. You can see it somehere in this thread.

All females from this serie are georgous!

I'm so happy to see medusa have ninjago snake tail!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

The wig of the revolutionary soldier is something that Pirate fans (myself included) have wanted for years. Finally it's available :wub:

The wig of the revolutionary soldier is something that Pirate fans (myself included) have wanted for years. Finally it's available :wub:

Agreed! Hopefully I can get my hands on some. I already see MOCs based around this new fig. :wub:

Definitely going to try and get the Roman Commander and Revolutionary Soldier from this wave; the rest of them look alright.