tin7_creations

Actor With Most Minifig Representations Within a Span of LEGO Licenses

I would count where he actor is acting through makeup, but leave off where a totally obscured set or costume makes it unrecognizable.

As examples, Warwick Davis is clearly discern able beneath the Griphook makeup. It is his facial expressions and acting that are creating he character. I would say the same with the Ewoks. But for the Wald costume he really is just a body in a suit with face and most acting completely obscured. R2D2 is another good example of completely obscuring the actor.

As examples, Warwick Davis is clearly discern able beneath the Griphook makeup. It is his facial expressions and acting that are creating he character. I would say the same with the Ewoks. But for the Wald costume he really is just a body in a suit with face and most acting completely obscured. R2D2 is another good example of completely obscuring the actor.

I like to think that my Lego R2 has a little Kenny Baker inside. :wink:

Not a single bit of Andy Serkis makes it to the screen for Gollum but he's such a driving force for the character. I think actors have to work twice as hard when they're under all that costuming and makeup / motion-capture so I'd say it counts.

I like to think that my Lego R2 has a little Kenny Baker inside. :wink:

Not a single bit of Andy Serkis makes it to the screen for Gollum but he's such a driving force for the character. I think actors have to work twice as hard when they're under all that costuming and makeup / motion-capture so I'd say it counts.

I would say Andy Serkis defiantely counts! Most of the facial expression is his, as well as the movement.

How about John Rhys-Davies? He was Gimli in LOTR, and Sallah in Indiana Jones (who appears in the Lego Indiana Jones game in minifig form... :P)?

I think that the number of distinct characters is a worthwhile title to give out as well as number of themes, but I'm not sure characters an actor simply voiced should count.

I think that the number of distinct characters is a worthwhile title to give out as well as number of themes, but I'm not sure characters an actor simply voiced should count.

Agreed.

-Omi

I'm not sure if this counts, but Mark Hamill with Luke Skywalker and the voice of Joker from the cartoon series.

I know I just said simply voicing a character shouldn't count. But I wasn't thinking of Mark Hamill's brilliant Joker performance, so I might have to amend my position. Mark Hamill's Joker is the Joker as far as I'm concerned.

I know I just said simply voicing a character shouldn't count. But I wasn't thinking of Mark Hamill's brilliant Joker performance, so I might have to amend my position. Mark Hamill's Joker is the Joker as far as I'm concerned.

The only problem with that, if you were to even include voice actors, is neither of the Joker figs were even based on his appearance from the animated series.

That's like saying we should give Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds Wolverine and Deadpool because they portrayed those characters in the movies, even though the figs have no connections to the movies whatsoever do to licensing and are based solely from comic inspiration.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

The only problem with that, if you were to even include voice actors, is neither of the Joker figs were even based on his appearance from the animated series.

That's like saying we should give Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds Wolverine and Deadpool because they portrayed those characters in the movies, even though the figs have no connections to the movies whatsoever do to licensing and are based solely from comic inspiration.

-Omi

The first variant is supposed to be based on Batman:TAS, the second is from the comics.

Deadpool you are right, i wouldn't count GL anyway, his face doesn't evem look like Ryan, more like a generic comic GL. Not sure where you were going with jackman though.

You're right, but the problem with not doing that is that it excludes Mark Hamill's Joker. And the minifigure could kinda pass for this B:TAS rendition of the Joker. But, I really don't think voice-only performances should probably count since minifigures are a physical representation.

Corey burton voices both cad bane and count dooku so technically he has two minifigs based on his vocal performance.Lets not even mention dee bradley baker!! (there are so many minfigs of him its impossible to count them all) If you look at magneto's head it has a screaming likeness to Sir Ian Mckellen in fact it would not suprise me in the least if they used his face when making the design. Same with jackman.But technically they are not based on movie appearences. The new bruce wayne minifig also looks a hell of a lot like christian bale and with that hairstyle and suit i can't find any comic that it could be based off and now there have been two dark knight versions of batman so i suppose depending on how you look at it he has had three minifigs in his image.

Edited by legofreak86

Has anyone mentioned Samuel L. Jackson. the Black Version of Nick Fury in the comics was based off his likeness and of course Mace Windu.

Nick Fury is based on his appearance in Utilmate Spider-Man, so he doesn't count.

I don't know if we could count James Badge Dale because we don't know if the Extremis Soldier is supposed to be Eric Savin( though I highly believe it is supposed to be, it has some of his facial features).

But if it is he would have two figures: Eric Savin and Dan Reid from The Lone Ranger.

Alfred Molina is a bit of a surprise winner at the moment but there's plenty of time for the Johnny Depps and Orlando Blooms of the world to catch up (might be a bit later for Christopher Lee, Ian MacKellen and Harrison Ford though!).

Edited by TeufelHund

Nick Fury is based on his appearance in Utilmate Spider-Man, so he doesn't count.

"Ultimate" Nick Fury is kind of a weird case because even in the comics, even before the Avengers movies were shooting, the character was drawn, apparently with permission, with Samuel L. Jackson's likeness. I've not watched enough of the cartoon to tell to what degree Jackson's likeness is used.

"Ultimate" Nick Fury is kind of a weird case because even in the comics, even before the Avengers movies were shooting, the character was drawn, apparently with permission, with Samuel L. Jackson's likeness. I've not watched enough of the cartoon to tell to what degree Jackson's likeness is used.

But, the fig is based on the cartoon and Jackson has nothing to do with that. There is a chance, I suppose that we could see a Jackson Fury(when and if they make more Avengers sets per Avengers sequel). I mean, we do have a CW Mace and an movie Mace.

Edited by Legocrazy81

They first drew it without Jackson's permission. Then he saw it and gave them permission. And marvel decided to let him play Fury.

I've given all these a lot of thought in my own "quest to find the actor with the most minifigure representations", and I was glad to find a topic where other people are doing it too! :laugh:

There's a very fuzzy line, I think, in determining what counts. I would include Hamill's performance as Ozai, because there's only one version of that which has been done by LEGO. I wouldn't count Hamill as the Joker however, because of the ambiguity. Until you get official, concrete fact that the Joker figure is based off the one Hamill perfomed as, it remains ambiguous, and we can't say either way, so it doesn't count.

Kenny Baker's portrayals and all Davis' costumed characters do count too - they are still based off that actor's acting, whether or not you can see them is irrelevant. It really just comes down to what the character is based on. People like Wolverine and Magneto won't count to their respective actor's tally because they are based off a different interpretation (comics), it's as simple as that. Even if they do look like the actor (keep in mind, the actor was probably chosen because they look like the character...), they are not officially represented, so we cannot count them here either.

And even when you have a character (take Ki-Adi Mundi for example) who is ultimately based off the actor (because the movies came before the cartoon), it's a derived representation. That CW figure you have there is not Silas Carson (Mundi's film actor), even if it is based off Carson's representation, but only because his representation was first. The exception to this one is Samuel l Jackson. Nick Fury counts, because the Ultimate Fury was based off Jackson (permission is irrelevant, I think) - that's partly why he played him in the movie, not someone else. It would be interesting to see if they did do a different version for the movie Fury, but I predict they would not (same representation).

Anyway, those are just what I think the distinctions are :wink:

(Of course, speaking of Silas Carson - he plays Nute Gunray and Antidar Williams as well (the pilot of the Radiant VII from Episode I), so he has two minifigures under his name as well!

Now they do need a non-CW Ki-Adi Mundi... :classic: )

Edited by Albus

I have to disagree about Jackson. Like I said earlier, the fig we have is based on a cartoon, not his movie(s) portrayal. It's not an Avengers Fury or even Ultimate comic version(which still shouldn't count, because it's not Jackaon). It's like the Jack Sparrow fig is clearly based on Depp, from the Pirates movies.

I have to disagree about Jackson. Like I said earlier, the fig we have is based on a cartoon, not his movie(s) portrayal. It's not an Avengers Fury or even Ultimate comic version(which still shouldn't count, because it's not Jackaon). It's like the Jack Sparrow fig is clearly based on Depp, from the Pirates movies.

I gotta say that the Samuel L Jackson Nick Fury does count because SLJ was the source behind the African-American Nick Fury. As mentioned, when Marvel drew up the Ultimates storyline, they changed Nick Fury from a white guy (who looked like David Hasselhoff) to an African-American based on SLJ - without his permission. SLJ liked the idea and let Marvel roll with it. When it came time to make Avengers based movies, Marvel choose to use SLJ.

My opinion is that since African-American Nick Fury was orginally based off of SLJ, subsequent versions of African-American Nick Fury all tie back to SLJ. It's not so much a concept of an artist's rendering, like with Joker, it's more based on a factual representation.

Did you guys forget Pat Roach?

482832fd19a468ae11b6363dedb1ef9d.jpg

There are 3 minifigs: Cairo Swordsman, German Mechanic and the Chief Guard in 7199. (I never knew he was in Clockwork Orange. I only knew Darth Vader is in it, and found that already great!)

I gotta say that the Samuel L Jackson Nick Fury does count because SLJ was the source behind the African-American Nick Fury. As mentioned, when Marvel drew up the Ultimates storyline, they changed Nick Fury from a white guy (who looked like David Hasselhoff) to an African-American based on SLJ - without his permission. SLJ liked the idea and let Marvel roll with it. When it came time to make Avengers based movies, Marvel choose to use SLJ.

My opinion is that since African-American Nick Fury was orginally based off of SLJ, subsequent versions of African-American Nick Fury all tie back to SLJ. It's not so much a concept of an artist's rendering, like with Joker, it's more based on a factual representation.

But...a few examples. Jack Sparrow IS Johnny Depp. Samuel L Jackson IS Mace Windu. Nick Fury IS NOT Samuel L Jackson. See what I mean? All the minifigures were talking about here are the actual person playing a character. Not a cartoon character that happened to be based on someone, as you mentioned, without permission. If Nick Fury were in an Avengers set, then clearly that gets a big yes, but the mini fig isn't.

Nick Fury IS NOT Samuel L Jackson.

I'm sorry, but African-American Ultimates Nick Fury is SLJ. That's who the African-American Ultimates Nick Fury was based on over ten years ago. That's who the character is supposed to look like. Any other variation on the design is still coming from that original source and just because another artist might draw him slightly different, still does not detract from the concept that it's supposed to be SLJ.

I mean, you'd have a point if it was just a happy coincidence that Ult Nick looked like SLJ, but we know for a fact that it's supposed to be a complete copy of SLJ face just with an eye-patch.