CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I hope that the next wave after this (the winter wave? Or is it the fall wave??) has more JL sets. I am really hoping for Hawkgirl and Flash in sets very soon. But anway, I do like that Zod set so far. I don't know if I'll buy it... But I do like it.

Does anyone know if the Super Heroes series is doing well enough that LEGO will try to renew the contracts with DC and Marvel? That is always my concern when thinking of future set ideas.

Edited by Dr Axels

Does anyone know if the Super Heroes series is doing well enough that LEGO will try to renew the contracts with DC and Marvel? That is always my concern when thinking of future set ideas.

I assume it's doing fairly well, i bet they'll renew it. Marvel has alot of movies coming out in the next few years, so they'd want sets to promote those, and other properties. DC has the JL movie in 2015 ( if Man of Steel makes enough money) so they'd want sets to promote that and other films, and the comics.

I hope it continues and they renew the contract, they have barely sratched the surface of both comic properties.

Since the JL movie team rumored to include: Bats, Supes(MoS version), Green Lantern (horrible GL movie version), Wonder Woman, and The Flash( with possible appearances of Aquaman, Hawkman or Manhunter), i would like comic versions of Lantern and Flash before then.

The Chima figs offer pieces for figs, gorrila head for Gorrila Grodd, the rhino head for the Rhino, the bird wings for Angel, Hawkman, and Hawkgirl, and the croc head for Killer Croc. For the Lizard i would think a similar design to the CMF Lizard Man suit guy.

I assume it's doing fairly well, i bet they'll renew it. Marvel has alot of movies coming out in the next few years, so they'd want sets to promote those, and other properties. DC has the JL movie in 2015 ( if Man of Steel makes enough money) so they'd want sets to promote that and other films, and the comics.

I hope it continues and they renew the contract, they have barely sratched the surface of both comic properties.

Since the JL movie team rumored to include: Bats, Supes(MoS version), Green Lantern (horrible GL movie version), Wonder Woman, and The Flash( with possible appearances of Aquaman, Hawkman or Manhunter), i would like comic versions of Lantern and Flash before then.

The Chima figs offer pieces for figs, gorrila head for Gorrila Grodd, the rhino head for the Rhino, the bird wings for Angel, Hawkman, and Hawkgirl, and the croc head for Killer Croc. For the Lizard i would think a similar design to the CMF Lizard Man suit guy.

I would just hate to see the series end after 2 years with LEGO having so much more they can do. I felt the same way when the original Batman series ended. They released the game which featured countless other favorites of Batman's rogue gallery (Clayface, Man-bat, Mad Hatter) but they never got minifigs of their own. I'd just hate to see the same happen with the new LEGO-ized DC characters, as well as the additional ones to be included in the Marvel Heroes game.

I would just hate to see the series end after 2 years with LEGO having so much more they can do. I felt the same way when the original Batman series ended. They released the game which featured countless other favorites of Batman's rogue gallery (Clayface, Man-bat, Mad Hatter) but they never got minifigs of their own. I'd just hate to see the same happen with the new LEGO-ized DC characters, as well as the additional ones to be included in the Marvel Heroes game.

True, we've only gotten one member of the X-Men, Wolverine, and we need more: Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Rouge, Iceman, Nightcrawler( to name some fan favorites) plus the brotherhood.

I hate to see this theme end like Batman, but maybe Lego learned from their mistake.

And with the marvel game confirmed to have Galactus, Mr. Fantastic, Green Goblin, The Thing, and Sandman in it mean i hope we get figs of them eventually. With the fantastic four since Mr. Fantastic and Thing are included, i expect to see Human Torch, Invisible Woman, and Silver Surfer(since Galactus is in the game)

And with the marvel game confirmed to have Galactus, Mr. Fantastic, Green Goblin, The Thing, and Sandman in it mean i hope we get figs of them eventually. With the fantastic four since Mr. Fantastic and Thing are included, i expect to see Human Torch, Invisible Woman, and Silver Surfer(since Galactus is in the game)

Curious how Green Goblin will look. Will it be a completely new version or the one we got in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man film.

Curious how Green Goblin will look. Will it be a completely new version or the one we got in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man film.

He will most likely be based on the Ultimate Spider-Man tv appearance, like the rest of the Spidey figures, and any other Spidey characters that appear in the game will probably based on their Ultimate Spidey appearance( if they appear in the game).

It goes to the year 2015 and that's the year that the Avengers 2 and the Justice League movies are supposed to come out, so I think we can expect the contract to be renewed. Hopefully next year will be the year we get some new Marvel and DC hero's such as the Flash, Green Lantern, the Fantastic Four, X-Men, in atleast one set for each hero. The Point is there's a lot more stuff to make for hero sets, so I wouldn't expect to see no more super hero sets, passed 2014.

He will most likely be based on the Ultimate Spider-Man tv appearance, like the rest of the Spidey figures, and any other Spidey characters that appear in the game will probably based on their Ultimate Spidey appearance( if they appear in the game).

I expect that they will at least include the 4 heroes on spidey's team and the main villains as they will want the show to be well represented. I'd also like to see the leaper as he has so much comedic value

I expect that they will at least include the 4 heroes on spidey's team and the main villains as they will want the show to be well represented. I'd also like to see the leaper as he has so much comedic value

I expect that too, wonder which version of Fury they will use, Ultimate Spidey or MCU? For the characters that have appeared or will appar in the MCU, they'll be based on that. other figs like X-Men and FF will be based on the comics.

I beleive one game designer said that there will be at least 100 characters in the game (18 heroes and 18 villians in story mode alone) and they tried to pick the well known and fan favorites along with some unexpected curveball characters.

Edited by daniel gourhan22

Characters they still need to make for Spider Man:

1.White Tiger

2.Luke Cage

3.Agent Coleson

4.Trapster

5.Aunt May

5.The Wrecking Crew

6.Green Goblin

Plz don 't forget harry osborn and mary jane ax it is out only chance to.get them. Just saying

I second this. The Spiderman licence could really do with more Civvie allies. Although, the same could be said for all of the DC and Marvel sets (Bring on a Vicki Vale!!!)

I think that if the decision to renew the contract for Superheroes were TLG's alone then they would definitely renew. More and more revenue is being generated through Superhero films and merchandise so it could prove to last even longer than SW from that perspective.

The sticking point could be Disney's interest in Hasbro. If they do indeed acquire them then I would expect them to hold onto the rights to the Marvel merchandising and explore using the kre'o brand for this. The only way I don't see them doing that is if they decide that Kre'o is not worth keeping in the hasbro portfolio.

So after the expiration of the marvel license then I would assume TLG will concentrate solely on the DC universe. The competition between both brands would be huge although ultimately I think Marvel offers the more diversity.

If disney don't purchase back the rights to X-Men, FF, Spiderman movies and a host of other characters then TLG may look at bidding for these rights as a way to directly compete.

All in all I would say this is a very uncertain theme beyond 2015 for TLG. the question for them is do they bleed it for all it's worth over the next few years or, do they avoid building a market for it that they may not be able supply in the future. Big decision!

I really hope they go with comic based. Goblin's a lot better as a crazy man in a costume than some LOTR goblin wannabe. Plus the Spider-man minifigures mostly disappoint me.

I really hope they go with comic based. Goblin's a lot better as a crazy man in a costume than some LOTR goblin wannabe. Plus the Spider-man minifigures mostly disappoint me.

He will definitely be based upon the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon. I don't think it's a bad thing, ensures continuity with the current available sets.

Nice article.

Green Lantern doesn´t get a sequel and because Warner Bros. attitude is "It didn´t work? REDO EVERYTHING!" lately I suspect he is going to be another actor or even character (before Hal Jordan there was John Stewart in the public eye because of the Justice League show from the 00s. It would make the team a bit more diverse).

The rhino heads look like... rhino heads. As far as I know Rhino always has something like the Batman mask without the eye part and a horn on top, that would have to be a new piece.

I am also unsure because of the wings. Normally those characters wear their wings less pompously, which would have to be a new part and even when they use the Chima wings there would have to be a new neck connector for two studs. The one with one stud only will possibly be too weak and cause the wings to fall off.

Hawkgirl.png

I expect that too, wonder which version of Fury they will use, Ultimate Spidey or MCU? For the characters that have appeared or will appar in the MCU, they'll be based on that. other figs like X-Men and FF will be based on the comics.

There was a poster for the Avengers movie with all characters replaced by minifigs and Fury had the same head as the Fury from the Hover car set. The question is if he will be in the game with a trenchcoat (because of accuracy), the blue shirt (because of set accuracy) or both.

I think that if the decision to renew the contract for Superheroes were TLG's alone then they would definitely renew. More and more revenue is being generated through Superhero films and merchandise so it could prove to last even longer than SW from that perspective.

The sticking point could be Disney's interest in Hasbro. If they do indeed acquire them then I would expect them to hold onto the rights to the Marvel merchandising and explore using the kre'o brand for this. The only way I don't see them doing that is if they decide that Kre'o is not worth keeping in the hasbro portfolio.

Doesn´t seem likely. http://news.providen...sbro-stock.html

The Hasbro Disney rumor was always just speculations from 13 year old boys that went with the logic "Disney is buying Marvel and Lucasfilm = Disney is buying everything = Disney is buying toy companies = Hasbro has Disney license = Disney is buying Hasbro" which somehow went up the stairs to the people with money in their pockets. You could say Disney is interested in buying LEGO and it would make as much sense.

Both times they were buying Marvel and Lucasfilm it came out of nowhere. I wouldn´t expect them to get sloppy now with months of rumors before making it official.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Green Lantern doesn´t get a sequel and because Warner Bros. attitude is "It didn´t work? REDO EVERYTHING!" lately I suspect he is going to be another actor or even character (before Hal Jordan there was John Stewart in the public eye because of the Justice League show from the 00s. It would make the team a bit more diverse).

The rhino heads look like... rhino heads. As far as I know Rhino always has something like the Batman mask without the eye part and a horn on top, that would have to be a new piece.

I am also unsure because of the wings. Normally those characters wear their wings less pompously, which would have to be a new part and even when they use the Chima wings there would have to be a new neck connector for two studs. The one with one stud only will possibly be too weak and cause the wings to fall off.

There was a poster for the Avengers movie with all characters replaced by minifigs and Fury had the same head as the Fury from the Hover car set. The question is if he will be in the game with a trenchcoat (because of accuracy), the blue shirt (because of set accuracy) or both.

Well the rumor is that it's going to be the horrible Ryan movie version, so it seems like the may keep the actor, just redesign the suit and things.

And the Rhino is most likely going to be based on the Ultimate Spider-Man tv apparance which is a humaniod rhino.

http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Ultimate-Spider-Man_Rhino.jpg

the wings could be that new piece you thought up and could work.

Fury , they might use the physical version( which i find very likely) or the the poster version.

And the Rhino is most likely going to be based on the Ultimate Spider-Man tv apparance which is a humaniod rhino.

http://ifanboy.com/w...r-Man_Rhino.jpg

That is still a suit. The Rhino has never, that I know of, been an actual humanoid-rhinoceros, so I don't think the Chima rhinos would make a very accurate depiction of the Rhino.

That is still a suit. The Rhino has never, that I know of, been an actual humanoid-rhinoceros, so I don't think the Chima rhinos would make a very accurate depiction of the Rhino.

I agree. I've looked the Chima minifigs up and down and all over for some super hero customs, but a bunch of the pieces just don't work. It's frustrating, because they are close. The Rhino is a good example...so close but, in the end, so far.

The Rhino in USM is a kid on some oscorp drug that turned him into the Rhino so... not a suit.

The Rhino in USM is a kid on some oscorp drug that turned him into the Rhino so... not a suit.

Edit: I have tried searching for any pictures of episode description since I didn't see it, but I couldn't find anything decent enough to share. Either way it looks nothing like these rhinos so I don't think it would work.

Edited by Spider-Man

Do you have a source for that? Not that I don't believe you I just find it strange that they would stray THAT far from any incarnation of the Rhino.

The episode with the Rhino, sorry should have given a spoiler warning... I didn't think

Yeah the tv show version is of a mutated humanoid rhino. I don't know why, but it's a cool version.

The image I included in my last post is of the Ultimate Spidey tv version.

Edited by daniel gourhan22