Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

Work in progress: Fort Brighton

Well it appears Brickshelf is malfunctioning this morning :'-( but... ship in progress? Whatever do you mean? :-D

Sorry my eyes must be deceiving me X-D

About how many cannons are now going to be protecting the fort now?

P

Sorry my eyes must be deceiving me X-D

About how many cannons are now going to be protecting the fort now?

P

21 + 12 + 2 = 35... that is just an estimate... that means you would need a 70 gun ship's broadside to rival the power... then again, not all the guns will be at the same angle or anything... still, not bad!

21 + 12 + 2 = 35... that is just an estimate... that means you would need a 70 gun ship's broadside to rival the power... then again, not all the guns will be at the same angle or anything... still, not bad!

That could easily fend off almost all of the individual MOCs built or being built on EB!

Then you have a whole fleet of ships at your disposal.

I think Ft. Brighton is safe from anybody for a while.

P

Looks great! I really love this, and the shape and everything is brilliant. The palm trees were a nice tough aswell.

Well I will add more palm trees when I get a chance. When I reunite the fortress parts with the rest of the harbor, hopefully it'll look quality!!

That could easily fend off almost all of the individual MOCs built or being built on EB!

Then you have a whole fleet of ships at your disposal.

I think Ft. Brighton is safe from anybody for a while.

P

For a while? Are you planning an invasion Phred?

Well I suppose I could leave a ship or two as a garrison the Covenant and Sienna could be posted for protection which would add another 20 or so guns! (Covenant is 18 guns, the Sienna could probably only have 6 guns total because of the narrowness of the hull... so another 15 broadside I suppose)

Then the Arbiter II and Fortune and Adventure could patrol for pirates.

The again, Phred seems to believe I also have another ship in the works, maybe it will be able to crack some skulls... If such a ship were to exist I would imagine it will probably have 40-50 guns.

For a while? Are you planning an invasion Phred?

Well I suppose I could leave a ship or two as a garrison the Covenant and Sienna could be posted for protection which would add another 20 or so guns! (Covenant is 18 guns, the Sienna could probably only have 6 guns total because of the narrowness of the hull... so another 15 broadside I suppose)

Then the Arbiter II and Fortune and Adventure could patrol for pirates.

The again, Phred seems to believe I also have another ship in the works, maybe it will be able to crack some skulls... If such a ship were to exist I would imagine it will probably have 40-50 guns.

No I would never invade the great Z @ Fort Brighton. X-D

Hmm. Sounds kool *sweet* *y* (about this theoredical ghost ship err... phantom ship :-D )

Do you know of any lego conventions in the twin cities?

It'd be real sweet to eventually have yous Minnesotens and we Wiscawsinites with all our fleets together *wub*

P

No I would never invade the great Z @ Fort Brighton. X-D

You say no invasions at the fortress, open water is a different story? ;-)

Hmm. Sounds kool *sweet* *y* (about this theoredical ghost ship :-$ )

Maybe instead of ghost ship you should say "phantom ship" so people don't think I have a "ghost ship"

Yeah... it would be cool if this phtom ship existed

Do you know of any lego conventions in the twin cities?

It'd be real sweet to eventually have yous Minnesotens and we Wiscawsinites with all our fleets together *wub*

None that I know of. Maybe they do something at the Mall of America. I would imagine if they did that the event would be focused more to the lil' ones and not as much towards the ALF community!

So before Phred spotted the Phantom I was working on the right fortress addition to Fort Brighton. My current plan is to retrieve the other sections to the fortress over memorial day set the whole fella up on Monday night on Tuesday.

Here is the progress on the right side...

img_1857.jpg

and some more progress...

img_1855.jpg

I removed the bell tower on the old new section as you can see. I wasn't feeling that rear section so much. I like it better with the roof design I replaced it with. I think it fits with the rest of the fort better.

I moved the bell tower to the new new section of the fortress, but the bell is perhaps too small for that section. I have an idea to shore it up a little later...

a shot of the removed bell tower section on the old new rear fortress section...

img_1856.jpg

Of course, those who know me, won't be too surprised that the new roof is magnetic where the bell tower was on the old new section!

img_1859.jpg

I am low on red plates so one side of the roof on the new new section isn't done, and the lack of black plates means the dock isn't done...

here is the proof!

img_1858.jpg

Still, progress is progress!!

img_1860.jpg

Comments still welcome!

EDIT: Because of a need to rush out to see POTC 3, my spelling was less than wonderful on the unedited post. hopefully it is better now!

I really like that this new section will have a similar design as the "older" new section.

When it's all put together, i imagine that the whole fort will be much more cohesive.

Looking forward to the whole thing put together.

P

I can't find the words to describe what I think of this fortress...

I stopped giving suggestions for improvements until I see how it all fits together.

But already in it's current state, this is my #1 Lego fortress ever!

I can't find the words to describe what I think of this fortress...

I stopped giving suggestions for improvements until I see how it all fits together.

But already in it's current state, this is my #1 Lego fortress ever!

Thanks B.

I think one Thing I really am going to change though is the gate houses on the harbor section. I think they need to be more grandiose than they are now. Stay tuned!

Just an amazing example of your excellent building skills. This is a great fort with lots of detail and an awsome color sceme. Perfect! *wub*

Just an amazing example of your excellent building skills. This is a great fort with lots of detail and an awsome color sceme. Perfect! *wub*

I'm glad you like it. The original Fort Brighton... titled something like "Imperial Harbor" here in this forum was my first foray into sharing my Pirate MOCs. It was received rather well and after getting some help from many of the regulars here, it has blossomed into a rather large MOC. These two sections will be connected to a stockade, two large doc sections, and a store house soon. Hopefully it will be pretty swank.

In other news, to get the cannons for the lower section on the two fortresses, I am going to replace some of the cannons on some of my ships with MOC cannons. The cannons being replaced are the cannons on the upper deck of the Venganza, the Cannons on the upper deck of the Arbiter II and the cannons on the Sienna. With the smaller MOC cannons, I intended to place guns on both sides of the Sienna now.

I will get some photos Monday or Tuesday!

Wow. The only word I could think of to describe it are the words of Futurama's Dr. Zoidberg- "I think that 2 of my 3 hearts just had attacks."

Gaah, is it the rum?! There's two of them! Run! :-P

Mr Z this fort is really beautiful. It would be suicide to attack this fort with a light frigate like mine.

I think the only worthy opponent would be The Phantom or the Dame du Loup.

Great work Mr Z!

Mr Tiber

I Got a question what is the total number of Imperial Guard's and Imperial Soldiers you have on all your moc's in total?

I Got a question what is the total number of Imperial Guard's and Imperial Soldiers you have on all your moc's in total?

That is a very good question. I am using some ordinary sailors and some Marines with Custom torsos now, so I am at about my limit. I can tell you I plan to have at least 20 marines or so, 35 ordinary sailors, and then the guards/soldiers themselves... I am not sure I could say how many with any certainty. I might offer some guesses...

Ships...

The Fortune...

1 captain (gov. torso), 1 blue coat, 1 red soldier

The Adventrue

1 captain, 1 blue coat, 1 red coat soldier

The Sienna

1 captain, 1 blue coat, 11 red coats (I think)

The New Covenant

1 captain, 1 blue coat, 9 red coat soldiers (or so)

The Arbiter II

1 captain, 1 blue coat, 12 sailors (?), 15 red coat soldiers (or so)

Phantom

1 blue coat, 2 captains, 15-20 sailors, 15-20 marines (?) 8-9 red coats.

These are all guesses though!

Fortresses...

Fort Brighton

2 captains, 1 blue coat captain, 2 blue coat soldiers, ?? red coats (25 maybe?)

Edited by ZCerberus

Well just to let ya'll know I am still working on things, here is the proof!

I still need to do some work on it though. I am planning on redesigning the tower at the stockade (if not the whole stockade itself!), lengthening the dock sections coming off the small fortress section, and since they don't match as well as the used to, redesigning or doing something to the little guard houses at the ends of the two middle dock sections.

I also think I should lengthen the gap between the larger fortress and the armory so the main tower lines up horizontally with the tower on the smaller fortress section.

For picture taking purposes I also need to move the harbor against a different wall, add some cannons and troops, and set up a backdrop and take some pictures during the day.

Anyhow, some WIP pics of the progress!

_1.jpg

_2.jpg

_3.jpg

_4.jpg

_5.jpg

Edited by ZCerberus

It's good to see it all come together.

A question on the last picture of your previous post.

Doesn't the gallery stop very suddenly on the right side of the picture?

Is this a part that still needs some rebuilding?

That is amazing! *wub* I wish I had the capabilities to expand Fort Victoria like that... oh man...

This is a very awesome looking MOC! *y*

I'd love to come over sometime and check it out X-D

It really flows very nicely together.

P

It's good to see it all come together.

A question on the last picture of your previous post.

Doesn't the gallery stop very suddenly on the right side of the picture?

Is this a part that still needs some rebuilding?

I am not sure I know what you mean... Could you explain, because there is some possibility that some of the things on here do indeed need rebuilding!

This is a very awesome looking MOC! *y*

I'd love to come over sometime and check it out X-D

It really flows very nicely together.

Well I am upgrading some more sections to the the whole thing to fit together a little more.

Currently working on the front guard towers, moving next onto the tower on the stockade, then stretching the distance between the big fort and the armory by 16 studs (I think), and finally moving and upgrading the two cranes on the main docks.

That is amazing! *wub* I wish I had the capabilities to expand Fort Victoria like that... oh man...

There's still time!

I am not sure I know what you mean... Could you explain, because there is some possibility that some of the things on here do indeed need rebuilding!

Well, the corridor in the picture below seems to stop at a wall.

I was wondering if this is because the new part still needs to be integrated with the older part.

_5.jpg

Edited by bonaparte

Well, the corridor in the picture below seems to stop at a wall.

I was wondering if this is because the new part still needs to be integrated with the older part.

_5.jpg

Ahh!

Well there is an archway there and there are some stairs there that go down into the stockade, but the arch is one brick too low or so. When I am redoing the tower in that section, I am going to raise the arch a stud or two so it won't look like it just ends, hopefully!

Could one of the mods please rename the thread saying it is a WIP thread?

Also, I deleted some pics from the old folder, so if there are broken links, go view the completed fort and you will feel much better!

The Completed Fort Brighton

EDIT: Thanks bonaparte

Edited by ZCerberus