Peppermint_M

Which Comic Do You Read?

This week I picked up Iron man #3 and All New X-men #3. Both were good but I felt that X-men didn't really solve the cliff hanger from last week and it didn't have any ties to the previous week. It was more of a prequel which is fine but it means I have to wait until next issue for the pay off. Iron man was great it was interesting to see the story take a different turn with Extremis.

I also picked up ThunderBolts but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Lastly today I manage to get some good graphic novels of eBay the Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novel Collection ( which I'm collecting).

They cost me £64 and it includes:

Spider-man coming home

X-men Dark Pheonix

Iron man Extremis

Ultimates

Birth of Venom

Thor reborn

Winter solider

Incredible Hulk silent screams

Wolverine

X-men Gifted

Captain Britaian crooked world

Avengers forever part 1

Kravens last hunt

Captain America new deal

And Marvels.

This lot should definately keep me busy over the next few months. Also I think it was a good deal as in the shops each book costs £10. So here I managed to get 15 for £64. I have the first four but I can also swap them or sell them on to my comic store.

Well Amazing Spider-Man is coming to end :cry_sad: but it sure is one thrilling ending story and such an amazing (no pun intended) 50 years they have given us! Hopefully these last few books will give us some indication as to what Superior Spider-Man will hold!

X-men Gifted

If that's from the Astonishing X-Men, then it's amazing. I think that was the title of one of the series.

Marvels.

I love this book. Really great on all levels.

Well Amazing Spider-Man is coming to end :cry_sad: but it sure is one thrilling ending story and such an amazing (no pun intended) 50 years they have given us! Hopefully these last few books will give us some indication as to what Superior Spider-Man will hold!

Hopefully it's still Peter Parker in Superior Spider-man. Not that I have anything against Miles in the Ultimate universe but I think in 616 it should always be Peter.

I'm kind of just getting into comics, and one of the things I have noticed is that there is not a lot of action, not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, good story is for some people the most important thing, but for me, I wish there was just a bit more action. Not too much action, but enough so that there's a substantially long fight in at least every issue. I believe that there was a lot more action in the 70s and 80s, but could anyone recommend some current titles to me with a lot of action?

I'm buying lots of classics with my Christmas cash. I got the first two volumes of the Floyd Gottfriedson Mickey Mouse books. Beautiful stuff, but I haven't read it yet.

5689075999_9929a20b67_z.jpg

I got this year's Uncle Scrooge reprint, Only a Poor Old Man. I love Barks' stories, and this is supposed to be a great book.

101512_unclescrooge02.jpg

And I got the first of the new Nancy reprints. Nancy was a comic that baffled me as a kid (and the original author was dead and replaced when I read it), but in university I learned how trippy it can be, and how mechanically perfect. The first book, Nancy is Happy, is good, but it's from the early 40's, and he wasn't perfect as an artist until the 50's. But it's still enjoyable.

tumblr_m5cnh294gZ1rudptgo1_500.png

Still on its way from Amazon is a big collection of Love and Rockets. I've read a little late era L&R, but never the original books. I just never got around to them, so I'm looking forward to learn what the hype is about.

locas-3.jpg

And there's still more on the way! My Amazon shopping cart is full! Good reading this holiday. Sadly, I couldn't get that Calvin & Hobbes box set I want. It just costs too much.

My cousins got me all 3 of the Halo fall of reach graphic novel books. I read the novel back in 2008 or 2009, but its wonderful to tread in the comic book style.

I also was given some more of the Marvel graphic novels collection for Christmas from my Dad. He got me Avengers forever 2, E is for Extiction, Avengers disassembled, She Hulk and Marvel Zombies.

Lastly I picked up Nightwing, A+X and All new X-men last week. Nightwing was really good I was waiting for his series to get involved with DOTF and its great to see him against Joker solo. All New X-men was great and I haven't really been disappointed by the series so far. Lastly I haven't read AvX and I'm thinking about dropping it as its not really a interesting series. I enjoy the team ups but I need to make room for some of the new titles next year.

Really disappointed by Amazing Spider-man. What a awful ending to a great series.

Such a kick in the teeth to a Marvels mascot and the most popular hero in the world, not only at Christmas but also in the 50th Anniversary year. Marvel should be ashamed Especially with his replacement. It's a bit of a cope out that they kept Peters body. If there going to kill him then kill him, not swap his mind with Doc Ock. Awful.

I highly doubt I will pick up Superior Spider-man, nothing Superior about Doc Ock being Spidey.

Really disappointed by Amazing Spider-man. What a awful ending to a great series.

Such a kick in the teeth to a Marvels mascot and the most popular hero in the world, not only at Christmas but also in the 50th Anniversary year. Marvel should be ashamed Especially with his replacement. It's a bit of a cope out that they kept Peters body. If there going to kill him then kill him, not swap his mind with Doc Ock. Awful.

I highly doubt I will pick up Superior Spider-man, nothing Superior about Doc Ock being Spidey.

Well said.

In the Goblin Wars Story line, they had Harry Osborn come out of his coma (I think it was Harry, it may have been Norman, butt I thought he was in hiding). They didn't play on that at all for the rest of the series, when it would have been so much better if they could have made him spidey. Marvel's done something like that before (Bucky replacing Steve Rodgers as Captain America) and that worked out fine. I honestly have no idea how Marvel thinks this is going to last. :sceptic:

On a better note, I read Justice League #15 and Aquaman #15 for Throne of Atlantis this week and must say it is off to such a great start! :thumbup: One of the thing I like most about it is not two different writers going at it, but being able to have Geoff Johns do it is wonderful. Definitely looking forward to the next part.

Picked up Wolverine and the X-men, New Avengers and I decided to get Superior Spider-man last week.

Haven't read X-men yet but New Avengers was pretty good, I really like Black Panther in it. Spidey wasn't very good but I might pick up the next few since the cliff hanger gave me a lot if hope.

This week I'm picking up Batman, Savage Wolverine and All New X-men!

I only pick up TPB's. I've recently bought Batman Vol 1, and Detective Comics vol 1 of the new relaunched titles. Still waiting for the postie to deliver them. Ill post when I've managed to read them.

Issue 2 of MLP:FiM was good. I loved Jim the cave troll and all the spiders. The numerous David Bowie references were nice as well-- subtle enough that they could be easily overlooked, but not so subtle that they weren't recognizable for what they are. Of course, this issue involved the Mane Six getting in a fight, which is never all that pleasant (who wants to see a bunch of characters they love not getting along?), but hopefully their spat will be resolved in the next issue.

Apparently Peter Parker isn't dead.. I knew that body swap plot wouldn't last for long.

They never stay dead for long.

Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Captain America, Elektra, Colossus, The Torch, etc, etc.

I give it six months before we see Peter Parker back as Spider-Man.

Just finished reading all if the Wolverine and the X-men series. I really liked it, its a fun read that's not serious. It's also ties nicely with All New X-men.

Out of all the Marvel Now titles the X ones are the best by far.

Anyone else here reading the Death of the Family arc? I can't wait for the conclusion in Batman #17! I also wonder whats for dinner? :look:

It's been incredible right? I'm only picking up Batman and Nightwing regularly but I might try and get the others ( Batgirl, Batman & Robin, Detective comics ect ) just for this. Also I really want to know what's for dinner, anything that can get a reaction for Penguin and Two face must be terrible.

Edited by Sam892

Don't know if I already mentioned this or not but I'll do it again anyway :grin:

Went to Oxfam when I was in London on holiday and picked up:

Amazing Spiderman #334-#339 (Return of the Sinister Six 6 part series)

Batman #700

Astonishing X-Men. Death 3 part miniseries #1-#3

Spiderman #7-#8 Hobgoblin 2 part series (Original run(?))

Then when I came back I got

Batman New 52

#8 Alternate cover (Now I have the red and black background printings)

Annual #1

#13-#15

Quite s good haul this week, I got:

I just don't want to go home feeling like shit again, its happened too many times whether its because of you, Patrick, Dom, Jamie or whoever.

Wolverine and the X-men #24

Uncanny Avengers #3

A+X#4

Nightwing#16

Action Comics #0

Marvel Graphic novels Collection issue 29 Iron man: Demon in a bottle volume 1

Nightwing was a good read but I felt that it should have come out before Batman#16. Wolverine and the X-men was great, its good to see the All new X-men staring to make there way into this title.

Uncanny Avengers was ok but it's the last one I'm getting. Same with A+X I'm cutting these two titles to make room for anything else that maybe coming. I found Action Comics at the back and it was really good to see Supes origins. It's the first Superman comic I've read so, I might start picking it up now in trade. I haven't read demon in a bottle as I'm a bit behind on the GN front I'm currently read Captain Britain a crooked world which I'm really enjoying.

I've been reading a lot of Japanese and Korean comics (manga and manhwa) online, but I just ordered my first comic book!

I've ordered 'The Killing Joke' as it has been mentioned a couple of times here, so I can't wait to read it! :laugh:

Anybody else only buying Superior Spider-Man with hopes that Peter finds a way to make things NORMAL again?

Same here. I didn't like Superior #1 it was just so depressing , however I like #2 only because the real Peter was on every page. Hopefully by #10 everything will be back to normal.

This week there wasn't much out that interested me so I went back and picked up a few of the #1s I'm missing.

I picked up:

Superior Spider-man #2

Uncanny X-force #1

Cable and the X-force #1

Morbius the Living Vampire #1

And in the back section I found Ultimate Fantastic Four #1.