Oky

Star Wars

If they bring back vader I will not watch... However I do not think they will. At this early a stage the producers are only throwing around ideas. If you had hear some of the ideas that get thrown around by producers you would realize that this one barly scratches the surface of how dumb some producers get... One example is when they were making a superman movie and a producer suggested adding green to the costume... Yeah... Red white blue and... uh... green.

If they bring back vader I will not watch...

I don't believe this for a second. Regardless of the griping that anyone has, I would bet my house that every last person who has ever posted in a Star Wars movie topic on a Lego site will watch the movies, no matter what.

I don't believe this for a second. Regardless of the griping that anyone has, I would bet my house that every last person who has ever posted in a Star Wars movie topic on a Lego site will watch the movies, no matter what.

bet taken... I live in a smalish cruddy apartment and would love a house... I'll swear off the next star wars film forever (vader or not) if those are the stakes :P

I still hope that doesn't spoil the present Expanded Universe (es. Thrawn) :sceptic:

In addition, ruining the EU, we will lose a lot of comics as Legacy or the new DarkHorse's series that will be released on January 2013 because all of this I think it became un-canon.

I don't know if that is good news, haven't seen any star trek movie (except the newest one).

Hopefully he does a great job.

Thanx for the news :)

Edited by Moexy

J.J. Abrams said he didn't want to direct it and would rather be a viewer in an earlier interview.

Disney, "We want you to direct our movie."

Abrams, "I don't want to direct your movie."

Disney waves hand, "You want to direct our movie."

Abrams, "I want to direct your movie."

Disney, "Move along..."

J.J. Abrams said he didn't want to direct it and would rather be a viewer in an earlier interview.

Disney, "We want you to direct our movie."

Abrams, "I don't want to direct your movie."

Disney waves hand, "You want to direct our movie."

Abrams, "I want to direct your movie."

Disney, "Move along..."

In that hand was a large wad of money.

Thanks for the news.

This could be interesting. I enjoyed the new Star Trek movie, although I didn't like all the rediculous lens flares in the movie.

He's known to keep his projects under a tight lid so that might be really good so people don't get spoiled. I would have liked to have seen Brad Bird do it though. Any news if this is gonna be a continuation of the main story featuring Luke, Han, etc? or will it be thousands of years after the OT?

Star Wars spinoffs? Great, watch them make another holiday special too. :sceptic: Abrams is really gifted though, I'll give you that.

This belongs over in the Star Wars thread in Culture and Multimedia. I don't have the power to merge it, but I'll send the topic over to that forum and another staff member can do that.

Frankly, I'm relieved. Not only is Abrams a fan-boy, but I love that the Star Trek movie did a lot to preserve the franchise, namely by not messing with any canon material and simply having the movie in an alternate reality. Some may consider this a ridiculous hand-wave, but I find it a stroke of genius.

If Abrams does anything close to what he did for 09 Star Trek whilst keeping the overall aura of Star Wars in, it should be well received for everyone.

Also bring John Williams back to score; nothing will be the same without him, although I wouldn't mind some new themes for this trilogy.

Frankly, I'm relieved. Not only is Abrams a fan-boy, but I love that the Star Trek movie did a lot to preserve the franchise, namely by not messing with any canon material and simply having the movie in an alternate reality. Some may consider this a ridiculous hand-wave, but I find it a stroke of genius.

Hopefully they don't do that for Episode VII.

Hopefully they don't do that for Episode VII.

Well I'm not saying they do exactly that for Star Wars - time travel and alternate realities are not nearly as well ingrained in its mythos. All I'm saying is he has proven he can preserve canon.

If Abrams does anything close to what he did for 09 Star Trek whilst keeping the overall aura of Star Wars in, it should be well received for everyone.

Clearly you haven't spent any time on a Star Trek forum :laugh:.

Speaking as a Trek fan, I complained BITTERLY when Abrams made the reboot movie, but when I finally watched it, I had to admit that, aside from a few issues with abducting Spock, I think he did a good job. I'm disappointed that the original timeline is pretty much guaranteed to be abandoned for all future media now, but at least Star Trek Online is around.

Personally, I really hope Abrams has read a lot of Karen Traviss' work, but it's unlikely he'll be able to fix anything that TCW has broken. (On the other hand, maybe with a new movie in the works TCW will have to settle down and conform to Abrams' vision, which would be AWESOME. :grin::devil: ). As long as he respects Zahn and the Dark Horse comics, I'm cool with him in charge.

Actually, I take that back, as long as he does that AND doesn't do something stupid like raising Darth Vader from the dead, I'm cool with him. :grin:

Speaking as a Trek fan, I complained BITTERLY when Abrams made the reboot movie, but when I finally watched it, I had to admit that, aside from a few issues with abducting Spock, I think he did a good job. I'm disappointed that the original timeline is pretty much guaranteed to be abandoned for all future media now, but at least Star Trek Online is around.

Actually, I take that back, as long as he does that AND doesn't do something stupid like raising Darth Vader from the dead, I'm cool with him. :grin:

Well 09 got me into ST in the first place, so the announcement didn't do anything for me at all, but no matter what the critics (read Nerds) say 09 is far superior to The Final Frontier.

And though I like STO, the lack or story in it is disappointing, oh and damn lockboxes.

The thing is that the previous films have been about Anakin / Vader, not having him in any way would really seem out of sorts.

So I'm guessing I'm wrong?

The thing is that the previous films have been about Anakin / Vader, not having him in any way would really seem out of sorts.

Agreed; they'll probably have at least a few Force Spirit cameos from Hayden Christiansen coming back to talk to his descendants, other Jedi, or whatnot.

Agreed; they'll probably have at least a few Force Spirit cameos from Hayden Christiansen coming back to talk to his descendants, other Jedi, or whatnot.

I won't mind that, honestly. (Well, Hayden Christiansen, but still.) Vader canonically did that a fair number of times, as has Luke, so I've got no real problem with that. It seems like the best way to deal with the "disconnect", if it's even necessary. After all, Episode VI SHOULD have come out in 3d by that point, so the OT plot should be fresh in everyone's mind...

Edited by Flipz

Personally, I really hope Abrams has read a lot of Karen Traviss' work, but it's unlikely he'll be able to fix anything that TCW has broken.

Speaking as a Star Trek fan, I was just glad that he didn't destroy the continuity altogether. :grin:

Actually, The Essential Guide to Warfare had a decent retcon, but the fact that TCW went that far is still unnerving nonetheless.

Well 09 got me into ST in the first place, so the announcement didn't do anything for me at all, but no matter what the critics (read Nerds) say 09 is far superior to The Final Frontier.

Passing a stool of used hypodermic needles is far superior to The Final Frontier. It's not exactly hard. Most people that try and convince you it's an overall good film are probably trolling.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but Disney have postponed the 3D release of Episodes II & III. Personally I'm not bothered by this, I just hope it doesn't mean that episodes IV, V & VI will never receive the 3D treatment. I read somewhere that 20th Century Fox still own some of the rights to Episode IV and that there may have to be some legal wrangling before Disney can do anything with it.

I really hope ANH gets a theatrical release in the next few years as I'd love for my Boy's first viewing of Star Wars to be on the big screen, 3D or not.