Clone OPatra

REVIEW: 9464 The Vampyre Hearse

131 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like this set?

• I'd rather get bitten by a vampire than look at this thing.
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • I want one!

I got this set from Lego today and the sticker on the Hearse roof doesn't glow, its supposed to though isn't it?

The instructions show it as being a glow sticker :hmpf_bad:

I got this set from Lego today and the sticker on the Hearse roof doesn't glow, its supposed to though isn't it?

Yes, it's supposed to glow just like in my picture in the review. That's strange that it doesn't; I'd contact them about it if you want a nice glow-y sticker.

I bought this set on clearance at Wally World a week or two ago, and I love it more than I thought I would. Incidentally, my sticker does indeed glow, just not that brightly.

Still, downsides aside, I love this set. It's a lovely display piece and I am in love with the front details (The bones on the engine is the icing on the cake). I don't see why LV didn't have his cape, though. I know it might hinder his play feature, but it would have been nice to have all the same.

Hi,

I got the following reply from Lego about the glow in the dark sticker:

“Due to needed changes for the glow in dark ink we cannot maintain the quality

and glow effect that will live up to our standards.

We have therefore felt obliged to outphase glow in the dark ink on this item and

replace it with a white non-glow ink. “

That got me in a panic reading about those non-GLITD sticker... Bought my herse today... Fortunatly the sticker glows. Either way, i wanted to say that this review has pushed me to buying the set. Had to drive to a couple of stores to find it, but it was well worth it. Maybe i'll buy another one just for kicks, and to modify the herse a bit. A six-bone... erm six cilinder is a bit conservative for a hot rod, and i would like to make the vehicle a bit longer.. It's allready a bit over the top out of the box, but it could be carried a bit further. :sweet:

I've been trying to figure a way to rework this one by combining it with the LR Stagecoach and maybe some Castle pieces, to come up with a nice 4 horse drawn variant.

That's a really nice idea! Maybe you could use the skeletal horse from the mummy set for this, or just black horses.

On the sticker issue, even if it didn't glow, it's not a dealbreaker. I still love the design all the same, and it reminded me for the longest time of some of those Rat Fink hot rods. Though in retrospect, it would have been just as awesome to have a traditional horse-drawn hearse with some glow in the dark skeleton horses and a similar play-feature. Just part of me thinks that Vampyre having a hot rod and a decrepit castle seems a little strange, but I'm not complaining.

Well, it seems to be a hit and miss on what kind of sticker you get. This week i also got the castle and the haunted house, but the stickers that came with those are not GITD. But you're right tho, it's not a dealbreaker and the graphic compliments the hot rod idea.

Well, it seems to be a hit and miss on what kind of sticker you get. This week i also got the castle and the haunted house, but the stickers that came with those are not GITD. But you're right tho, it's not a dealbreaker and the graphic compliments the hot rod idea.

I have yet to get the castle (I'm actively looking for it) but either stickers will work, in fact, I hope I don't get the GITD stickers for the castle. The only GITD element I feel is needed is the moon piece and the vampire heads. I feel the effect is better for physical pieces than stickers anyway, which I guess may be a reason this theme was created, to showcase the improved GITD plastic (Solid white as opposed to a milky look).

There are more GITD items in the castle set, there's also a GITD spider and a rat. Not that special, but i can highly reccomend the set, even if it doesnt have the GITD stickers. It's awesome fun to build, looks good, and personally i think dracula rather would like to live in a castle then a haunted house. (the house is cool too, but i don't think it's dracula's taste) Well maybe he can sell it to the addams family. :laugh: