Captain Blackmoor

Tournament of Retribution III Headquarters!

I'm not going to make a rule of that if that's what you suggest, but of course if people want to do that they're free to do so :pirate:

But in most cases the sigfigs are very recognizable, and their names are often included within the comic so then it wouldn't be neccesary.

i have a note to note..........at the front page, it says second round is open to the second of january........that was ten days ago..........

i hope it is supposed to say the second of febuary....

If not, im seriously late...

Thanks for pointing that out Morthen. It was indeed february.

Notice that a CGI comic is allowed for bluecoats this round, even though I'd rather see real LEGO.

Can we drop the whole CGI thing? I dont see the problem in everyone just using real LEGO.

Edited by Grimmbeard

I'd like to do so, but that would give problems because people find it unfair that hjmediastudios entry got accepted.

However, if everyone agrees I would be glad to abolish it.

Of course this only concerns the bluecoats because the 5 best bluecoats (and the 5 best redcoats) will go to the 3rd round.

Personally, I disagree with those who say that CGI comics have an advantage- they have a whole different (and arguably more difficult) process that goes into creating the images, and the result isn't necessarily one that most would prefer aesthetically. The more important thing for me is that a humorous story gets told- for one, I wouldn't mind seeing some cool drawn comics that are actually comics in every sense of the word. :wink:

I see what you are saying, and yes they probably are more difficult to make. But remember this is a LEGO contest, and no clone brands are allowed. As far as I'm concerned, a computer graphic isn't official LEGO, and therefore basically is a clone brand. The same goes for hand-drawn comics. Someone asked if they could hand-draw one, and they weren't allowed. So why should a digital one be?

Edited by Grimmbeard

[A] computer graphic isn't official LEGO, and therefore basically is a clone brand.

... what? You know, this isn't worth arguing over. I'll have to fight the urge to act like a Redcoat here.

... what? You know, this isn't worth arguing over. I'll have to fight the urge to act like a Redcoat here.

Dud seriously, I agree with Grimmbeard. This is a Lego contest, not a CGI. I think many others agree with us.

Can we drop the whole CGI thing? I dont see the problem in everyone just using real LEGO.

I think, to finish the discussion if CGI are valid or not, well, according to the moderators, it is now.

But, for the record, the rules should be less flexible!.

I mean, there was a full debate of wich minifig could be or not used as an islander.

I bet that there was at least a couple of eurobrickers that couldn't participate because the lack of a single minifig.

I think the desition of many topics in the TOR (like the use of CGI), is an issue for the moderators, not the eurobrickers

Edited by Brig. Brick

I think, to finish the discussion if CGI are valid or not, well, according to the moderators, it is now.

But, for the record, the rules should be less flexible!.

I mean, there was a full debate of wich minifig could be or not used as an islander.

I bet that there was at least a couple of eurobrickers that couldn't participate because the lack of a single minifig.

I think the desition of many topics in the TOR (like the use of CGI), is an issue for the moderators, not the eurobrickers

The moderators should make the final decision but we are the ones voting so it really is up to us.

Edited by Grimmbeard

I had a talk with Hjmediastudios and he will remake his entry for the first round in real LEGO.

This means the problem is solved and no digitally created comics are allowed whatsoever.

This counts for both Bluecoats and redcoats.

I had a talk with Hjmediastudios and he will remake his entry for the first round in real LEGO.

This means the problem is solved and no digitally created comics are allowed whatsoever.

This counts for both Bluecoats and redcoats.

Huzzah! :thumbup:

HA! score for the redcoats. A bluecoat murdered an unarmed, innocent redcoat. :laugh:

I am really liking you right now, looks like a non-ToR participant sees that bluecoats are nasty! :devil_laugh:

Uhm, I thought the deadline for round 2 was the 12th, not the second of February.... :blush:

Can I still make and post an entry tomorrow? Of course you can give me some penalty points or something.

Dang I feel stupid....

Uhm, I thought the deadline for round 2 was the 12th, not the second of February.... :blush:

Can I still make and post an entry tomorrow? Of course you can give me some penalty points or something.

Actually I thought that you, ZCerberus and Blackmoor didn't really play for prizes, so in that case it wouldn't be a big deal.

I could give penalty points in the voting, but I don't know what would be a decent amount of those.

It depends on the number of voting members, so I'm afraid that will be quite difficult.

But you're one of the organizers, so if you can come up with a way to make this fair to all participants you might try it.

Do you have to be part of the tournament to post a comic?

I am not an organizer, but i'm a participant. I think that you can post a comic, but you can't win anything or be official. :wink:

P.S. I might not be 100% right. :grin: