Si-MOCs

Micro Sci-Fi Contest

Mhmm I think I'm joining :D. Does a normal village attacked by aliens count as sci-fi?

I would thinks so :)

I'm assuming the aliens are extraterrestrial ? not the non native to your country type? :wink:

Here is my entry, though I can't win any prizes :cry_sad:

Old MacDonald had a cow by I Scream Clone, on Flickr

Not only can't you win prizes. You can't read instructions, NEW THREAD PLEASE!

Though you get +1 LOVE unit.

Would I be permitted to use a broken piece, or does that count as modifying?

As you can't really prove if it you broke by accident or not, I think it would only be fair to everyone else to say NO you can't. Broken counts as modification.

Sorry!

I would thinks so :)

I'm assuming the aliens are extraterrestrial ? not the non native to your country type? :wink:

Not only can't you win prizes. You can't read instructions, NEW THREAD PLEASE!

Though you get +1 LOVE unit.

As you can't really prove if it you broke by accident or not, I think it would only be fair to everyone else to say NO you can't. Broken counts as modification.

Sorry!

That's cool! I expected that. I already left it out. I have allot of broken lego (as a result of many lots previously owned by young kids/their dogs. Some of the breaks are cool, and some I would ask Lego for a fixed piece if it were in a colour Lego still produced/a piece Lego still made.) In this case it was a broken old grey one by two plate with a cracked off edge. It wouldn't have served much mechanical benefit, but I thought I found a cool place to put it that would make up for its lack of use normally. :blush:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I've tried to build something to enter the contest, but I'm not really happy with the result. I lack of small pieces, both in number and in variety (the trophy got 4 bricks that I don't own in any color). :sceptic:

So I won't enter the contest, but I create a thread to show the little things I've built :wink:

I've tried to build something to enter the contest, but I'm not really happy with the result. I lack of small pieces, both in number and in variety (the trophy got 4 bricks that I don't own in any color). :sceptic:

So I won't enter the contest, but I create a thread to show the little things I've built :wink:

Don't give up! You have 24 more days to work on it :wink:

And you don't HAVE to use small pieces. Keep in mind the limit is 16x16 which is 4 times bigger than the trophy - so you could use slightly bigger pieces... you just have to be inventive!

Don't give up! You have 24 more days to work on it :wink:

And you don't HAVE to use small pieces. Keep in mind the limit is 16x16 which is 4 times bigger than the trophy - so you could use slightly bigger pieces... you just have to be inventive!

Thanks for the encouragement... I'll see what I can do, but I also have 24 days to finish my entry for the star wars contest, and that one is really not microsized and used lots of my pieces :wink:

Hm.. don't really have the parts for this. Wish I could enter. I love the trophy

You never know until you try.... Maybe you'll use some really cool pieces that no one will think of! :grin:

May we enter the same entry for the Star Wars contest and for the Sci-Fi contest? :grin:

Builds must be 16x16 or smaller- no overhang.

Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously).

Nice work though.

Artanis has it right - you gotta choose one or the other.

Nice work though.

Artanis has it right - you gotta choose one or the other.

It was ironical... I know the rules...

I found it funny that I won't enter the Sci-fi micro contest but at the same time I'm building some microscale ships for the SW contest :sweet:

Gutted that LDD can't be used, the majority of my bricks are 10 years old and I dont have many bits for mech building or greebles. Also I'm at uni so I only have what I stuffed in a plastic bag :P

Still, I'll see what I can make and maybe I'll try getting in a bricklink order.

That trophy is ingenious, didn't realise visors made up the dome until a moment ago. Really great!

I found it funny that I won't enter the Sci-fi micro contest but at the same time I'm building some microscale ships for the SW contest :sweet:

Well it's cause the competition in SW is easier than Sci-Fi :look::innocent:

Gutted that LDD can't be used, the majority of my bricks are 10 years old and I dont have many bits for mech building or greebles. Also I'm at uni so I only have what I stuffed in a plastic bag :P

Still, I'll see what I can make and maybe I'll try getting in a bricklink order.

Consider it a challenge to see what you can come up with! Some of the builds aren't really that piece intensive, and some really clever build could be extremely low in piece count.

Ultimately what's stopping you from trying? there's no entry fee (I asked, not allowed)/

I wonder if Castle + Exoforce + Atlantis + Power Miners will work. I can see it in my head.

Now that would be an interesting Sci-Fi.

I wonder if Castle + Exoforce + Atlantis + Power Miners will work. I can see it in my head.

Not only will it work, it will be awesome! I am going down a similar path, I have stumbled into issues around colour palettes that are holding me back right now (white ships in white city, no no no). Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

:classic:

You can use official stickers, but no cutting them. Sorry!

Thanks to generosity of Eurobricks, I'm proud to announce... MORE PRIZES:

Micro Sci-Fi Contest

• First Place: 70701 Swarm Interceptor + 1st choice of MSFC Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag
  • Second Place: 70700 Space Swarmer + 2nd choice of MSFC Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag
  • Third Place: 2x CMF (Space Marine or Evil Robot) + Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag

8377684467_e2c85b7746.jpg

This might sound like a dumb question, but I'm ready to post my entry...I just don't know WHERE! In this thread? Can you reply with a link to the page where we post our entries, please? I've seen a bunch of entries on Flickr, but only one in this forum...and that by a builder who can't win! (great build, though!) Thanks. I'm the newbie that needs step-by-step instructions.

Seems like fun, I might actually be interested in doing this! I haven't done anything microspace in a while...

This might sound like a dumb question, but I'm ready to post my entry...I just don't know WHERE! In this thread? Can you reply with a link to the page where we post our entries, please? I've seen a bunch of entries on Flickr, but only one in this forum...and that by a builder who can't win! (great build, though!) Thanks. I'm the newbie that needs step-by-step instructions.

HI Phuonom,

What you do is you go in the main Sci-Fi forum and hit the "start new thread" button (top rightish) part of the screen. From there you enter a title (don't forget to prefix with MSFC!) and you paste in your image and a little backstory (if you wish).

Easiest way to post from flickr is to hit the 'share' button in flicrk, and select BBC code and paste in that little code they generate (don't forget to keep it under 800x600!).

If you have any problems feel free to FM on flickr (you need ten posts on EB before you can use the messaging system).

Good luck, and welcome to EB!

Seems like fun, I might actually be interested in doing this! I haven't done anything microspace in a while...

Now's the time to start :excited:

Allow me to drop this hint.

Can you imagine an MT-201 Ultra Drill Walker but only an inch and a half wide? It stands fully functional to my left as I type this.

EDIT: DERP *huh* It's a good thing I provided the link. The link was correct, but the name wasn't. I might do the Mobile Mining Unit though.

Edited by Penkid11

Here's my entry.

Awesome entry!

But you should post a new thread in the Sci-Fi forum with MSFC in the title. Then when it comes for voting time, I'll create a new thread for everyone to see all the entries :grin:

Allow me to drop this hint.

Can you imagine an MT-201 Mobile Mining Unit but only an inch and a half wide? It stands fully functional to my left as I type this.

... no way.

This I want to see. :excited:

:facepalm: Aren't you glad I provided the link...

I said Mobile Mining Unit when I meant Ultra Drill Walker. I swear, whenever I think of a Mars Mission set with a drill, that set is automatically the Mobile Mining Unit (which still is a great set, by the way.)