Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

Amazon.de would ship Jabba's Palace and the Desert Skiff to me but not the Millennium Falcon. So I purchased the first two.

A week later (last Monday) I tried the Falcon and it would ship to Australia. Luckily before I bought it I checked Toys R Us and it must of been that day only they had dropped the price of the Falcon from $140 to $100 (it was both $140 a few days before and day after). It was only $25 to ship to Aus and I received it 8 working days later (it was only 6 days in transit I think - LA warehouse direct to Sydney).

Both packages received from Amazon.de and ToysRus.com were in perfect condition and I couldn't recommend them enough. I used the standard shipping from Germany and it only took about two weeks.

I was going to hit up Toys R Us' website when they have their Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, but it turns out I didn't have to wait :)

Thanks to everyone for the various tips.

Edited by afolaus

So I read on brickset that all lego items on amazon Italy are now restricted. So that means nobody outside Italy, San Marino and Vatican City can buy them.

I said three days ago that the items change and there was no blanket policy for all lego. However it looks like I was incorrect when it comes to Amazon.it. If anyone outside Italy can buy from there, please correct me.

So I read on brickset that all lego items on amazon Italy are now restricted. So that means nobody outside Italy, San Marino and Vatican City can buy them.

I said three days ago that the items change and there was no blanket policy for all lego. However it looks like I was incorrect when it comes to Amazon.it. If anyone outside Italy can buy from there, please correct me.

That's their loss, last time I checked no one in italy has any money!!!!!!

I was going to hit up Toys R Us' website when they have their Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, but it turns out I didn't have to wait :)

Thanks to everyone for the various tips.

They had Buy one get 50% off second item on Star wars sets today, so grabbed Palpatines arrest and Hoth Echo base. For some reason I got the 50% the higher priced item so I got both item for $192 shipped. Here's hoping they show up quick and in good condition.

I you live close to Italian border you can select nearest Italian post office as shipping address and pick the order there yourself.

Also grabbed Friends Summer Riding Camp from Toys R Us for $110 shipped as they have $25 off orders over $100 at the moment. My nieces will be very happy at Christmas!

amazon.de are having 20% off Lego.

Shipping is cheapish again eg my 7 item – 400Euro order – costs 47Euro in shipping.

Edited by smackus

amazon.de are having 20% off Lego.

Shipping is cheapish again eg my 7 item – 400Euro order – costs 47Euro in shipping.

Cheers for the tip, that makes some good deals!

Toysrus.com has 10225 R2D2 on sale for $140 and they will ship it internationally- which is a realy good deal! I'm really keen to get one but they're not accepting my credit card :cry_sad:

Barnes & Noble have listed a bunch of 2013 sets for Pre-Order with 10% off. City, Friends, Superheroes, Chima, TMNT, Star Wars & Galaxy Squad, I think that was all!

Barnes & Noble have listed a bunch of 2013 sets for Pre-Order with 10% off. City, Friends, Superheroes, Chima, TMNT, Star Wars & Galaxy Squad, I think that was all!

Thanks for this. I pre-ordered the Rancor Pit for $56. RRP is $69.99, so it looks like a fairly good deal.

I just did a lego search and waded through the results.

I wanted to see if any other retailers are doing pre-orders and while TRU has nothing yet I did notice the Millennium Falcon is back down to $100. Not a new set but decent price.

Awww... crud.

Now that I want, and can afford the 10212 Imperial Shuttle, amazon.it wont ship it to Finland :(

.fr/.de has it too, but with +90 eur price tag, this sucks :thumbdown:

Consideing Lego has announced that Imperial Shuttle 10212 has gone EOL this is a fantastic bargain. From amazon shipped for $USD 238.02 or $AUD 234.28

http://www.amazon.co...1&tag=ozba08-20

Lego Super Star Destroyer 10221 for US$ 354.53 or about A$ 348.96 shipped from amazon. Thats 50% off considering these things retail here for $699.

http://www.amazon.co...2&tag=ozba08-20

LEGO Star Wars Death Star (10188) AUD 403.52 or USD 409.78 shipped

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EEP3NO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002EEP3NO&linkCode=as2&tag=ozba08-20

EDIT:

LEGO HOBBIT SETS. Best deal is if you get all the 3 big sets.

79003 An Unexpected Gathering, 79010 The Goblin King Battle and 79002 Attack of the Wargs. Total RRP here is $370 or you can get them shipped from amazon.co.uk for approx $217 a saving of 41% which is quite a bit for lego.

Below are the cost and savings if you buy them indivually.

79003 An Unexpected Gathering RRP $119.99 Shipped for approx $81.10 Saving 32.4%

http://www.amazon.co...ozbargain0d-21�

79010 The Goblin King Battle RRP $149.99 shipped for approx $102.32 Saving 31.8%

79002 Attack of the Wargs RRP $99.99 shipped for approx $66.40 saving 33.4%

Also LEGO Star Wars Death Star (10188) for USD 409.78 or $A389 RRP here is $699.99

http://www.amazon.co...&tag=ozba08-20�

Edited by cameron_les

Ordered a UCS Super Star Destroyer from Amazon.com at a decent price. Think it was $309 plus shipping.

As is common, the packing was woeful. Mine was shipped by UPS (quick though) and came in a WAY oversized box with little padding. The shipped box was crushed and the actual box had scratches, dented corners, tears etc.

My mate ordered one at the same time and his was shipped i-parcel in a smaller box. There was damage to the box but nothing like mine.

I guess they're OK for small sets but the large ones always seem to come banged up.

I've had this happen with heavy books and replacement books also came similarly poorly packed. LOL.

I did a order from toys r us during Xmas to New Zealand and the box was shipped as is. It came crushed and torn so bad that someone had to tape it back up

I was very unhappy but didn't want to return it as i need it as a Christmas present

I would not be using them again

I did a order from toys r us during Xmas to New Zealand and the box was shipped as is. It came crushed and torn so bad that someone had to tape it back up

I was very unhappy but didn't want to return it as i need it as a Christmas present

I would not be using them again

I was just thinking of asking if anyone had received their Toys'R'Unts orders yet. I decided against ordering as I've read an awful lot of negative comments about them & the stores here are just dreadful when it comes to customer service. Really sorry to hear your received it so poorly, I guarantee they'll do nothing for you unfortunately.

Has anyone else received their orders & would like to give feedback?

Has anyone else received their orders & would like to give feedback?

I've ordered from them twice (delivered to Australia) and both times the boxes came in perfect condition, packed with the air packing so the items inside couldn't move around too much.

I'm suprised wbshop.com hasn't started stocking the Hobbit Lego yet, they seem to be stocking the LOTR and the Hobbit game......

I'm suprised wbshop.com hasn't started stocking the Hobbit Lego yet, they seem to be stocking the LOTR and the Hobbit game......

I'm also waiting for the Hobbit Lego to come on sale and also for restocks of the Superhero stuff and the new 2013 set too. Of course, I'm looking out for a coupon to slash prices further too. With their flat-rate $20 shipping, it makes sense to order more but what am I going to do with my extra copies of Helm's Deep??

Also, Amazon.es shipping has soared WAY up compared to Amazon.de and Amazon.fr. Not really worth looking there unless they stock something you really want.

For some reason, the 7965 Millennium Falcon can't be shipped to Australia from ANY Amazon store at the moment.

ToysRUs.com with their Lego sale brings the prices down to what they are supposed to be in USD, so I thought I'd grab what Galaxy Squad & new Star Wars I could get through checkout. Hopefully it arrives not too smashed up. Even with postage it turns out cheaper than buying local at 25% off.

ToysRUs.com with their Lego sale brings the prices down to what they are supposed to be in USD, so I thought I'd grab what Galaxy Squad & new Star Wars I could get through checkout. Hopefully it arrives not too smashed up. Even with postage it turns out cheaper than buying local at 25% off.

BN.com has the new Star Wars set at preorder 10% off retail with cheap-ish shipping. They did jack up their retail but after the 10% discount still cheaper than TRU in the US shipped. Sadly, all the SW 2013 stuff is gone from preorders.