Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Thanks Legonardo!

Also, I went and looked around but didn't see anything saying what the terrain area of the Mage's castle was, so I assume it is open to us?

Also, I went and looked around but didn't see anything saying what the terrain area of the Mage's castle was, so I assume it is open to us?

Pink dirt...'nuff said.

Edited by Penkid11

Thanks Legonardo!

Not really, because the mage is currently the resident of the Imperial Palace in Cedrica ;)

Not really, because the mage is currently the resident of the Imperial Palace in Cedrica ;)

But as long as we're writing the story, he could retreat to some rocky fortress in the mountains... or a nice summer palace in Valaryio... or a fortified tower of Avalonia...

But as long as we're writing the story, he could retreat to some rocky fortress in the mountains... or a nice summer palace in Valaryio... or a fortified tower of Avalonia...

That's true, but in the middle of a war he hasn't won completely yet, he must be an idiot to retreat from one of the most powerfull buildings in Historica. I mean, if he would take a summer break and he would travel to Valyrio (for example), he has to take at least 300 men with him to ensure his safety, meaning that it is a piece of cake for us to take Cedrica back and organise everything to make it impossible for Victor to return...

So all I want to say is that the current residence of the mage is Cedrica)

(note: it's a part of the story written by our guildleaders where it says that he has occupied the Imperial Palace)

But of course he always can visit some places (fortresses, palaces, camps, farms...) in his new empire, so you can build where-ever you want and what-ever you want :tongue:

*snip*

Yes, you've got some good points there, the logical place for any fight to take place would be in Cedrica. But if he was driven out of there and forced to retreat... that was what I was trying to get at. :wink:

Write your story to make the fight wherever you want! Maybe Drowlover errr... Revolword moved to Nocturnus, or is launching an offensive on Albion... Do whatever you want guys! Just make it interesting!

This should be awesome.

...This should be awesome.

Yeah, it will be great to see what everyone comes up with!

I feel like I will be jumping to quickly into action for my story, but there has to be some sort of action, or I would have probably already lost all of your attention.

I feel like I will be jumping to quickly into action for my story, but there has to be some sort of action, or I would have probably already lost all of your attention.

What were you saying? :grin:

It's often a good idea to start of with something catchy/actiony (coining words, I know!) at the beginning of a story to get the readers attention (always a top priority), but I don't think it's possible to jump into action too quickly. I would suggest though that you make sure anyone (who already knows the guild story) can understand it - of course you know what you're trying to say, but sometimes you can omit/not make clear enough certain points! (I often have trouble with that. Part of the problem likely being how long winded I am...)

It's often a good idea to start of with something catchy/actiony (coining words, I know!)

To use the term "coining", it implies there is some 'value' to what you're creating :devil:

What kind of terrain is that area? Forest?

It is at a grassland intersection of all the guilds, it is neither forest, desert, mountain, or desolate. Well at least before Revolword took over.

To use the term "coining", it implies there is some 'value' to what you're creating :devil:

What am I doing then? "Decoining" words? :tongue::laugh: (No value to that one either? :laugh: )

It is at a grassland intersection of all the guilds, it is neither forest, desert, mountain, or desolate. Well at least before Revolword took over.

Cyool. Stank you.

Let's give three cheers for Avalonia's own Legonardo Davidy and his interview at Beyond the Brick!

Click me to hear our NZ friend talk about his builds.

Negative 2 points for not saying the word "Avalonia" at all during the interview but plus 5 for saying Guilds of Historica several times.

aw thanks Z, you shouldn't of, but i'm glad you did :laugh:

so if i mentioned Avalonia i would have got 7 cheers?

so if i mentioned Avalonia i would have got 7 cheers?

You would have if you had mentioned I inadvertently got you on EB!

Congrats Susan Jr.!!

Have I ever told you all how much I hate the local weather? Its sunny but the sun is too low... then clouds come in, and then it gets dark before the clouds blow away. Pic taking is so hard this time of year.

You would have if you had mentioned I inadvertently got you on EB!

they didn't ask how i got into the lego community, otherwise I would have :classic:

thanks again Z! 2 years ago now...

excellent Capt. can't wait to see what you have in store.

I broke down a couple past builds and re sorted the pieces. As usual, I get side tracked and start putting them back together!

I should be able to do a couple smaller MOC working up to Challenge VI