Si-MOCs

Sci-Fi Month Index and Discussion

sci_fi_month_banner.jpg

Welcome humans to the long awaited Sci-Fi month on Eurobricks! Here you'll find all the fun protocols and the latest sit-reps!

What's the best way to celebrate Sci-Fi ? Contests! Prizes! Oh my!

8377540445_84cfde5e8f_c.jpg

And how do you win some of these sweet sets and SIX exclusive trophies? We didn't come up with just one, but TWO building contests for all you Sci-Fiers!

• Forbidden Animal Planet Contest
  • Entry and Voting Thread
    • First Place: 70705 Bug Obliterator (Donated by TLG) + 1st choice of FAPC Trophy + Sci-FI Tag
    • Second Place: 70704 Vermin Vaporizer + 2nd choice of FAPC Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag
    • Third Place: 70702 Warp Stinger + Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag
    • ????
    • ??

[*]Micro Sci-Fi Contest

[*]Entry and Voting Thread

• First Place: 70701 Swarm Interceptor + 1st choice of MSFC Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag
    • Second Place: 70700 Space Swarmer + 2nd choice of MSFC Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag
    • Third Place: 2x CMF (Space Marine or Evil Robot) + Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag
    • ????
    • ??

[*]Sci-Fi your Avatar

[*]Entry and Voting Thread

• First Place: 1 CMF (Your Choice: Space Marine or Evil Robot) + Sci-Fi Tag
    • Second Place: 1 CMF (Your Choice: Space Marine or Evil Robot) + Sci-Fi Tag
    • Third Place: Sci-Fi Tag

[*]Voting!

• Three random voting prizes of: 1 CMF of either Space Marine or Evil Robot (depending on what's left).

[*]????

• You never know what else might get surprises.

Winners:

It's been a wonderful month of Sci-Fi month, and there was an astounding 226 contest entries (new EB record?). I want to thank each and everyone one of you for making the first Sci-Fi month such a phenomenally successful one. The quality of the builds was nothing short of stunning, and the true winners are the members of the LEGO community who got to see all these wonderful builds pop up everywhere....

First a little recap:

97 Micro Sci-Fi entries:

8442259711_331db2528f_z.jpg

64 Forbidden Animal Planet Entries:

8459755222_143f1f31f9_z.jpg

Due to the unprecedented number entries, we've decided to go from 3 prizes in the two building contests, to SIX prizes EACH + THREE judge prizes!

And the winners are.....

Forbidden Animal Planet Contest

8378761224_2cbfe6a240_n.jpg

1st. 37. rEvolution - zane_houston Prize: 70705 Bug Obliterator (provided by TLG) +Trophy + scifi2.png

8421180079_6900c7be01_n.jpg

2nd.5. Duh-Nuh - madLEGOman. Prize: 70704 Vermin Vaporizer+Trophy + scifi2.png

8362654587_c5c6235ef9_n.jpg

3rd. 22. Pigs VS Cows - Ninja Nin. Prize: 70702 Warp Stinger +Trophy + scifi2.png

8397646109_80df68c66c_n.jpg

4th. 15. Chicken Moonbase - vecchiasignoraceppo. Prize: 4x Alien Buggoid, Olive Green + scifi2.png

8417446669_40a5ac11e3_n.jpg

5th. 17. Attack of the Fish - cmaddison. Prize: 4x Alien Buggoid, Dark Red + scifi2.png

8396697254_dc5f6a926d_n.jpg

6th. 40. Dinosaur extinction? - Cecilie Prize: 2x Sci-Fi CMF's + scifi2.png

8424477046_4cb2837fbe_n.jpg

And rounding out the top ten:

7th. 16. Froghead - Yatkuu

8th. 36. The Source of All Ants - Ryclen[/color]

9th. 24. BannanaTank - alex54

10th.52. Ivory Poaching - Ecclesiastes

Micro Sci-Fi Contest

8377684467_e2c85b7746_n.jpg

1st: 8. Iron Giant - cmaddison. Prize: 70701 Swarm Interceptor + Trophy + scifi1.png

8367863129_eb85ac00d1_n.jpg

2nd. 65. Planet Express - Oky. Prize: 70700 Space Swarmer +Trophy + scifi1.png

8427372897_ee996f6a38_n.jpg

3rd. 5. Freighter over Ice Planet Biodome - Lt. de Martinet. Prize: 2x Sci-Fi CMF + Trophy + scifi1.png

8360091900_37b077ce6a_n.jpg

4th .28. Ice Planet - Crystal Station - Siercon and Coral. Prize: 4x Bright Green Robot Sidekick with Armor + scifi1.png

8394273414_8ab6034954_n.jpg

5th. 6. Ice Planet Colony - Dark_Alamez. Prize: 4x Dark Azure Robot Sidekick + scifi1.png

8362511784_c7b2b9e283_n.jpg

6th.13. Invasion! - 4estFeller. Prize: 2x Sci-Fi CMF + scifi1.png

8374305566_50b6d3d00e_n.jpg

And rounding top ten.

7th. 15. Landing on Xurus - K.Kreations

8th. Dark Shadows Over The Colony - Mr.Brickman

T9th. 23. Micro USS Enterprise NCC-1701 Bridge - toutouille

T9th. 72.The City of Tomorrow - touthomme

Sub Committee Incharge (of) Finding Individuals Hopelessly Overlooked (SCIFI HO) judge awards:

Micro Sci-Fi:

Best Science: 7. Saturn V launch - Legonardo Prize: 1x of each of 4 GS figs + gallery_1506_188_1265.png

8362185319_4a7009efbf_n.jpg

Best Fiction: 32. Survivors - Teazza. Prize: 2x Sci-Fi CMF + gallery_1506_188_1265.png

8421089506_f27aa6f00b_n.jpg

Forbidden Animal Planet:

Best use of Big Animal: 52. Ivory Poaching - Ecclesiastes Prize: 1x of each of 4 GS figs + gallery_1506_188_1265.png

8432730352_a5aedd96e3_n.jpg

sig_banner_03.jpg

1st. 4. Kristel. Prize: 1x Sci-Fi CMF + gallery_1506_188_1265.png

7960546584_948dcb6ce3_n.jpg 8341586706_a511a18e00_n.jpg

2nd. 22. Oky - Prize: 1x Sci-Fi CMF + gallery_1506_188_1265.png

8434728812_99fa64dc42_o.png 8365327097_d61a5479d0_n.jpg

Vote Raffle winners:

Using random number generating droids, the voting raffle goes to #35, 120, 43, in the Avatar, MSFC and FAPC voting threads.... each get 1x Sci-Fi CMF:

Winners: LFCMessi, Shadows, gedren_y

Congratulations to all winners!

Edited by Si-MOCs
Updated winners

Wooo, sci-fi month! :excited:

Time to put on the sci-fi hat and get building :grin:

Sci-fi month, hmm thats not really my thing but will something for the avatar contest

Yay! You got it all worked out! :sweet: I'm really looking forward to this. :excited:

And that new banner is great! :wub:

Hinckley was kind enough to create an awesome banner for us :grin::wub:

Wooo, sci-fi month! :excited:

Time to put on the sci-fi hat and get building :grin:

Well the probe was a good start... it got you wamed up to Sci-Fi :wink:

Yes, yes, yes, so cool, can't wait to get building!

Awesome! I can't wait to see what you come up with :grin:

Sci-fi month, hmm thats not really my thing but will something for the avatar contest

Well that's sorta why we do these months, to try to get people trying new things! :wink:

You never know until you try... you might end up building something incredibly different than a what a regular 'sci-fi' builder would.

(take a look at when Derfel built his goregous rover!)

Love the ice-cream eating insect... :laugh::thumbup: I haven't tried building Sci-Fi before (that much at least) though I always wanted too. Guess this will make me get around to it!

Sci-fi month :excited: I start immediately working.

For a sci-fi fan as me, I can't miss this great contests, count me in :grin:

Is this Christmas? I've finally started putting all of my Lego in a usable condition (removing cat urine) and I'm home until late this Month, and it's a Sci-Fi contest. :wub: The Insectoid Queen shall be pleased.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Love the ice-cream eating insect... :laugh::thumbup: I haven't tried building Sci-Fi before (that much at least) though I always wanted too. Guess this will make me get around to it!

Icecream eating insects is all Hinckley :grin:

There's always time for a first stab into Sci-Fi! and what a great time to try it out too!

Sci-fi month :excited: I start immediately working.

For a sci-fi fan as me, I can't miss this great contests, count me in :grin:

Great to hear :grin:

I knew there were more Sci-Fi fans out there!

Is this Christmas? I've finally started putting all of my Lego in a usable condition (removing cat urine) and I'm home until late this Month, and it's a Sci-Fi contest. :wub: The Insectoid Queen shall be pleased.

Ewww....

And I thought my LEGO was dirty :rolf:

Well you have a solid month to build. Get cracking!

Can I enter 2 contests?

Yup!

You can enter all three contests!

But you can only have one entry per contest (though you can modify your entry up until end of month).

MORE PRIZES! - Four more exclusive trophies, two Galaxy Squad sets, and six more Sci-Fi CMF Minifig!

• Forbidden Animal Planet Contest
    • First Place: 70705 Bug Obliterator (Donated by TLG) + 1st choice of FAPC Trophy + Sci-FI Tag
    • Second Place: 70704 Vermin Vaporizer + 2nd choice of FAPC Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag
    • Third Place: 70702 Warp Stinger + Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag

[*]Micro Sci-Fi Contest

• First Place: 70701 Swarm Interceptor + 1st choice of MSFC Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag
    • Second Place: 70700 Space Swarmer + 2nd choice of MSFC Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag
    • Third Place: 2x CMF (Space Marine or Evil Robot) + Trophy + Sci-Fi Tag

[*]Sci-Fi your Avatar

• First Place: 1 CMF (Your Choice: Space Marine or Evil Robot) + Sci-Fi Tag
    • Second Place: 1 CMF (Your Choice: Space Marine or Evil Robot) + Sci-Fi Tag
    • Third Place: Sci-Fi Tag

[*]Voting!

• Three random voting prizes of: 1 CMF of either Space Marine or Evil Robot (depending on what's left).

[*]????

• You never know what else might get surprises.

What contest would a small minifig-scale space fighter classify in?

Micro space? it is kinda small, about the size of the captains cabin Potc set crammed together

Edited by Bubble

You could make that your avatar since you don't have one.

Otherwise it would probably be in Forbidden Animal Planet, but you couldn't use a minifig :wink:

but it could be minifig scale.

Wow, these prizes are incredible. Thanks Si-MOCs! It seems to me the FAPC prizes are quite a step up from the micro sci-fi build which I have been concentrating on so far. My FAPC idea is of course brilliant although rather obscure... may have to re-think...

:classic:

Otherwise it would probably be in Forbidden Animal Planet, but you couldn't use a minifig :wink:

but it could be minifig scale.

I just took 7 pictures,(kinda sloppy) and I'll put them in the forbidden animal thread once I've found out how to get them into my computer and paste them in the thread :wacko: BTW, I put a cat in the cockpit :grin:

I have one question. I'm from Poland and i don't know can I start in this contest ?

As long as you're on earth, you can enter the contest!

Sorry moon colony.

not off topic because it has to do with my entry, how do I create a thread? :wacko:

Hehe. You need to go to the main Sci-Fi forum and on the top right area, just down a little from the top there's a button that says "Start New Topic"

If you can't find it try hitting the search key (usually Ctrl-F) and type in "start new topic" and it'll find it for you!

The rest is pretty self explanatory, but if you have other problems feel free to msg me :thumbup:

How do I submit my creation into the contest?

'

Welcome to EB!

Submitting is easy!

Just create a new post in the Sci-Fi forum with the prefix of either FAPC (for Sci-Fi Animal contest) or MSFC (for the Micro contest), add in your pictures and some text, and you're done!

Easy peasy.