Wout

News LEGO CREATOR 2013 News & Discussion

The instructions for the new Creator sets are online, so I was looking at the Power Mech and came across this grey SNOT brick. Is this a new piece?

106d554.jpg

It's in a few of the Mining sets from this year.

-Sci

10250-1.jpg

I just saw this image on brickset and wandering if anyone knows anything about this set?

In the chinese zodiac the year of the snake starts 10 February 2013 – 30 January 2014: Water Snake.

Will Lego do one of these every year?

Are these exclusive sets?

I myself am a Wood Snake so this is a cool little set!

Edited by GRogall

I haven't got a single answer to your questions, but I do agree that this looks like a cool little set!

Interesting that it has Chinese on it. I've not seen it here in Beijing but I'll let you know if I do.

Edited by bjtpro

That is interesting about the 4-in-1 in the corner. I do have the original 3-in-1 set, so I'd hate to buy this just for a snake option. But maybe the directions will be put on the website and it wouldn't matter. If the other builds are the same, then the pieces used should be similar. Granted I may want to do this in green (if I can) to create my own Basilisk.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I had not seen this before.

Just noticed that it's Brickset's newest database item, link here. Set # 10250

That would be very cool if they did a Chinese Zodiac animal every year. I'll be close to retirement by the time they finish! :laugh:

There are more and more outlets to buy Lego here all the time. A new Lego shop (a joint venture actually, I think) just opened at a mall down the street from my home. ToysRUs had just opened there a few months before. The shops are practically right next to each other and the ToysRUs has a huge Lego minifig out front. It looks a little odd to me, the two stores being so close to each other. I never buy anything in either shop as the prices are just sky-high. :wacko: It's nice to browse the shelves though.

Edited by bjtpro

Someone at our local Chinese forum has shared this a week ago... With no offence, I myself tend to doubt about its validity... but the original poster for "10250" should know... :laugh::devil:

Edited by Alywin

I have some info for second half

31010 {Tree house}-White with red roof based on tree but no leaves

31011 {Fly Adventure}-Main model plane, second model,helicopter, third some kind of boat.Blue-yellow-white-colour combination.

What is it with LEGO and helicopters anyway?

We seem to get so many of the things across all themes...

First post updated with some (long overdue) updates and information courtesy of Brickset!

31012 Family house looks great. I love that floor to roof wall of window and balcony over the garage. It'll look great next to Hillside house and Apple tree house.

31010 Treehouse looks a little strange and empty. More like Tree stump house. :laugh: Seriously though, Why tree no got leafy? Whyyyyyyyyy Lego, whyyyyyyyyyyy?

I really like the look of the Family House. The others seem quite bland. I still wish they would go away with the white and red color scheme.

You and me both(as I'm sure quite a few others). I believe this is now 4 of that combination. Mix it up, LEGO designers!

10250-1.jpg

For now, I'm going to merge this into the 2013 CREATOR discussion thread.

Edit: Bugger. Stand by....

...fixed.

Edited by Rufus

I'm amazed to see a lack of coverage on the new Small Cottage set. It's great! I got it for my Birthday on the 29th from the LEGO store. And like always, here's a shameless advertisement I made a video review of the set! :grin:

I'm amazed to see a lack of coverage on the new Small Cottage set. It's great! I got it for my Birthday on the 29th from the LEGO store. And like always, here's a shameless advertisement I made a video review of the set! :grin:

Did they have the Family home at he lego store? That is the one I'm most interested in.

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote media

Someone at our local Chinese forum has shared this a week ago... With no offence, I myself tend to doubt about its validity... but the original poster for "10250" should know... :laugh::devil:

So I was wrong. It is a real set! The offiical instruction of 10250 Year of the Snake, the first real Chinee flavor set, is found, as linked below. Brickset has reported it already.

http://cache.lego.co...ons/6047041.pdf

Edited by Alywin

So I was wrong. It is a real set! The offiical instruction of 10250 Year of the Snake, the first real Chinee flavor set, is found, as linked below. Brickset has reported it already.

http://cache.lego.co...ons/6047041.pdf

I am seriously surprised to see this! 12 years to collect to complete the entire zodiacs? It is really amazing.

the instructions to 10250 Year of the Snake have been found by Huw from Brickset!

so the set is real!

Oooops I saw it's already added!

Edited by GRogall

Thank you very much for the review. I think it is really a small gem of a set.