Kai NRG

The Hut in the Forest

After his capture, Raz soon noticed that the man who seemed to be technically the leader was little more than a prisoner like himself. His companion, Tardiff, watched everything he did as closely as possible. After walking for miles on end, they finally reached a small hut located in a clearing pleasantly situated by a beautiful lake. Presently the woodcutter came out of his house and saluted the two, raising his eyebrows at the sight of a prisoner. "Come in, come in!"

"No, but rather you come out," objected Kaflar, the leader. "I want none of your cramped houses. Give me the open air, and I'll be content."

8303704150_26f3cd1a7f.jpg

The woodcutter obligingly fetched a few cups and the trio sat down at the table to talk, or perhaps merely to have a good time. They seemed not to care for Raz one way or another. It was true that he was chained up securely, besides the fact that his wound still gave him pain, but he still wondered at their utter lack of consideration of the possibility of his escaping. For a while he tried to think of other things, without paying attention to the noisy group beside him. But gradually the sun sank lower and lower in the sky; apparently they had no intention of leaving today.

8302650951_150b12afa7.jpg

At last the only light to be had was from the stars and the moon, and so Tardiff dragged Raz inside, where they both lay down. But Kaflar pulled the woodchopper back quickly, out of earshot. "Listen," he began, "you know I don't half like this; you know no one will suspect you, just give me provisions and let me go."

The woodcutter looked somewhat surprised. "Alone?"

"No; I wish to take the prisoner with me."

He shook his head decisively. "The man is wounded. He could be of no help to you. Tardiff is fast; he will notice your absence at once."

Kaflar tossed his head impatiently. "What are you saying?"

"Better to wait. Have patience. You know the system; follow it. Come here to me. Try to arrange a time when Tardiff has other things to concern himself with. For now, we must go in. Your time will come."

Kaflar frowned. "I do not wish to wait. But listen; you will speak of this to no one, for anything." A few gold coins added effectiveness to the command. The woodcutter bowed his head in acquiescence as they entered the hut; then the darkness held possession of the scene.

8302650685_09ab0011f5.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think this was pretty much my first tree (there was one in the Botanical Gardens, but my brother did that one).

8302650279_40c11dd704.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the story! Feedback is appreciated! :sweet:

Very nice little scene and the story just keeps getting more interesting :thumbup: The roof on the hut is quite effective :classic:

Nice job in the roof and the chimney is well made with the little curve, a really good solution :thumbup:

Very nice little scene and the story just keeps getting more interesting :thumbup: The roof on the hut is quite effective :classic:

Thanks! I got the roof technique from Mark of Falworth (who got it from some one else :laugh: ).

Nice job in the roof and the chimney is well made with the little curve, a really good solution :thumbup:

Thanks! :sweet: I was pretty happy with the way it turned out!