Time for another truck. :classic:

this time a volvo f88:

dsc01508.jpg

sorry for quality, but it is winter in denmark, and only a few hours of daylight, and those i have to spend in scool. :hmpf_bad:

Volvo_F88-49T_Truck_1966_2.jpg

more pics of the model here.

this will be rebuild into a three way tipper truck with crane and lowloader for a volvo LM loader, later this week. :sweet:

Efferman made two cranes some time ago (i used the small one on my equipment truck in the start of this thread) but where are they now, i cant find them anywhere anymore? :sad:

sorry for quality, but it is winter in denmark, and only a few hours of daylight, and those i have to spend in scool. :hmpf_bad:

Efferman made two cranes some time ago (i used the small one on my equipment truck in the start of this thread) but where are they now, i cant find them anywhere anymore? :sad:

loooks like a cool truck.

You are not the only 1 who has to go to school and where the winter is comeing.

And here is Effermans map of the cranes http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=477567

The two volvos are finished:

dsc01566.jpg

The truck is built, so the functions you control from the cab are on the remote. :classic:

so when the bed is going to tip, the gearbox (2 gears) must go in neutral, and the PTO, with a pump must be turned on. so the two xl motors drive the wheels and the pump, which supply the bed and the crane. :classic:

to see all functions chech the video:

the loader is also fully remote and contains 3 servos, a buggymotor, and an xl motor.

the buggy motor supplies airpressure and it turns off, when the pressure is high enough. :wink:

dsc01553.jpg

it is quite hard to control because of the fast movements of the boom :hmpf_bad:.

more pictures here.

and a merry cristmas to all of you. :classic:

No, there is not enouch room in this since the body is quite narrow. :classic:

btw. anyone got ideas for my next MOC?

i thought about this:

Edited by matias bendtsen

I built a walking excavator some time back, and that too had several functions below and on top of the turntable. Fitting in all the pneumatics and motors was truly a challenge. I hate to be a downer, but I dont think it will be possible to completely remote control, but good luck if you can!

tim

I built a walking excavator some time back, and that too had several functions below and on top of the turntable. Fitting in all the pneumatics and motors was truly a challenge. I hate to be a downer, but I dont think it will be possible to completely remote control, but good luck if you can!

tim

Yes it is,its possible to build a cordless walking excavator as well.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

The two volvos are finished:

dsc01566.jpg

The truck is built, so the functions you control from the cab are on the remote. :classic:

so when the bed is going to tip, the gearbox (2 gears) must go in neutral, and the PTO, with a pump must be turned on. so the two xl motors drive the wheels and the pump, which supply the bed and the crane. :classic:

to see all functions chech the video:

the loader is also fully remote and contains 3 servos, a buggymotor, and an xl motor.

the buggy motor supplies airpressure and it turns off, when the pressure is high enough. :wink:

dsc01553.jpg

it is quite hard to control because of the fast movements of the boom :hmpf_bad:.

more pictures here.

and a merry cristmas to all of you. :classic:

Finally someone took a shot at the Volvo BM LM series :P this is my favorite wheel loader in the whole volvo series...

and by the looks of it it's a bullseye!

great moc nice features... keep it up :P

No, there is not enouch room in this since the body is quite narrow. :classic:

btw. anyone got ideas for my next MOC?

i thought about this:

That's a lot of functions! I count 7 functions on the base and 7 in the supertructure. That would be a great project, but a challenge to fit all those functions.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

i can count 6 in the superstructure, and 6 in the undercarridge. (unless i want crab steering, then it is seven) :classic:

Your're right, it looks like 6 in the superstructure. I was counting the crab steering in the undercarriage, for a total of 7 in the base. Definately a doable project though.

It's an interesting machine, and one that I've never seen before.

i have now disassmbled the volvo lm loader and started on the multijob. :sweet:

i need 12 functions all in all, so i think i will make 3 groups of recievers, with to recivers in each, like this:

group 1 (channel 1 and 2)

drive

all whell steer

compressor

superstructure slew

group 2 (channel 3 and 4)

telescopic boom up/down

boom in/out

bucket up/down

rear outriggers up/down

group 3 (channel 3 and 4)

digging boom up/down

turn boom

bucket tip

dipper in/out

so i have left out the joint in the middle of the boom (useless feature :laugh: )

but, how do i swhich between group 2 and 3?

i have tryed wit some swhices, but i cant make it work. :cry_sad:

If you are planning on using 1 motor per functioin, you could place PF switches between the reciever and motor. It would be similar to a electronic "gearbox". The downside is that you would need a lot of PF switches. You would need a motor to move the position of all the switches.

If you are using pneumatics, you can build a sequence of pneumatic valves, similar to a pneumatic "gearbox". You could have 1 motor dedicated to driving, 4 or 5 motors for the pneumatic funcitons, 1 or 2 motors for the non-pneumatic functions (boom slew, steering, and maybe extension), and 1 remaing motor to switch the pneumatic/mechanical gearbox position.

Not sure if that helps...I'm terrible at explaining stuff. :grin:

i want something that can turn off group 2, and then you turn on group 3, but the switches cant turn off a reciever. :hmpf_bad:

i have also tried to do it with the old swiches, but they cant do it either...

I cant quite understand what you mean,can you not just make a simple gearbox that will contain group 1 and 2 together?

i dont want to change between functions, i want to change between recievers, so i need something that can urn off a reciever without turning off the battery. :classic:

edit: i have been looking on Philos site (here)

the switch let the 0V and 9V pass through, and can turn off C1 and C2, so if it is possible to modify a switch to turn off 9V that would be great, but i have taken apart a switch, and it is a printplate that cant be modified. :hmpf_bad:

this is coming along nicely, and no worm screws cut in half. :classic:

dsc01570.jpg

almost all functions work as they should, now i just need to sqeese in one battery, 4 recievers, and to servos in the superstructure. :classic:

only one function so far is giving me problems: the Z-link for the front bucket, i cant get enoug movement on the shovel. :hmpf_bad:

here is the two extremes:

full tip not even close enough:

dsc01571.jpg

full tip backwards is enough for me:

dsc01572.jpg

help please to get it to tip more. :sweet:

the reciever problem maybe solved tommorow, my granddad can maybe modify a switch. :sweet:

cool method to mount the pneumatic cylinder.

in case of your Z kinematik: have you tried a 4x2 bent liftarm to make the lever stroke more short?

I got the z-link working and almost finished the superstructure. (only need to do the wiring and make the cab) :classic:

but that is paused until my granddad is finished with an extension wire with swich, to turn off the recievers. :classic:

I also started on a unimog 6x6, but i dont have the set to work from, only the cab, so i need to know how many studs, there are from the ground to the PTO? :classic: