ER0L

MOC: Vintage Cars (1st batch)

very pretty. It looks like one of those cars from the old days that police or military officials would ride in in a parade!

I really like it. Nice work

Charlie

Stylish. Definately gonna steal this at some point :laugh: .

Thanks a lot SearchFunction! I am looking forward to it! :thumbup:

Beautiful car. :thumbup:

Glad you like it Venunder!

very pretty. It looks like one of those cars from the old days that police or military officials would ride in in a parade!

I really like it. Nice work

Charlie

Thanks a lot Charlie! Now there's an idea ...

Thanks again all for commenting and viewing!

I think it might be better to have all vintage cars in only one thread (there will probably be some more), so I put them all in here. In the first post I will indicate which of them are already indexed.

#4: Vintage Roadster "The Oldtimer" (INDEXED, has its own thread, see http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70842)

7365094658_c1ff6e12bb_z.jpg

#5: Vintage Sedan

7919836266_bc936af825_z.jpg

Fits 2 figs side by side, detachable roof. The idea here was to leave the fenders as they are to gain some room for the spare tires at the right place. It was SearchFunction (see http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73442) who showed me how 2 figs can be placed in a 6w car when using the old thin doors - so it was worth a try. Due to stability requirements the figs must be seated on the second level, but the whole thing still can be kept quite low.

Some details:

7919829276_51469e6d44_z.jpg

C&C welcome as usual, thanks for looking.

More pics here: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/339604

Edited by ER0L

#6: Vintage Coupé/Runabout

7999140864_0cf9b88894_z.jpg

Fits 2 (Coupé) or 3 figs (Runabout). Detachable roof. Mother-in-law seat (Runabout).

The main point here was to create a roof that fits the figs underneath and is stable enough to be detachable. Credits to Hot Rod (http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/339630, headlights) and BigBoy (http://www.1000steine.de/1000steine/myimages/bigboy, use of the antique tires).

7999161930_2f169f861f_z.jpg

More pics here: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/341259

C&C welcome as usual, thanks for looking.

You're churning out some really impressive designs here. I continue to be amazed!

Your vintage car are very good :thumbup: :thumbup:

With this car seems to be in the 50's and 60's :wink: :wink:

I will definitely be building something similar to that Vintage Sedan! These are some beautiful MOCs and I love seeing classic cars translated to LEGO for my citizens.

Keep up the great work. I will keep checking back, that's for sure.

You're churning out some really impressive designs here. I continue to be amazed!

Thanks a lot, glad to hear that! :classic:

Your vintage car are very good :thumbup: :thumbup:

With this car seems to be in the 50's and 60's :wink: :wink:

Thanks! Well, it's rather meant to be a 30s car. Seems rather difficult to find the correct english term for a car like this - after 1930 it's rather "pre-war" than "vintage" ... Anyway, "vintage" seems to be a known term.

I will definitely be building something similar to that Vintage Sedan! These are some beautiful MOCs and I love seeing classic cars translated to LEGO for my citizens.

Keep up the great work. I will keep checking back, that's for sure.

Thanks, glad to hear that! Hopefully there will be some more vintage cars soon. :thumbup:

In fact there's already a new version, but since it is very close to the Coupé I don't consider it to be a MOC in its own right (rather #6a):

Vintage Cabriolet

8011358033_fb152da98a_z.jpg

Again many thanks all for commenting and viewing!

#6: Vintage Coupé/Runabout

your cars look great. now they just need a city from their era to go with them :thumbup:

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote pictures unnecessarily.

I love the old cars! I have a Lego town set of 30's gangsters and I think all of these cars would go so well with the Town! The use of the skies is a really great idea and I hope you don't mind but I might have to borrow some of your ideas they are just too good! Beautiful work! The white Cabriolet if my favorite! :thumbup:

Hum... I know that I have commented on the #6 (Runabout), but don´t see my post here... Oh well, then I can post again and compliment on the #6a; Stunning!

Do you actually have that many vintage-tyres, or do you take the cars apartÂż?

Wow! These are really cool! I especially like the choice to add the display stand on the last one. I could see TLG doing a whole line of these, such as the architecture series. I know I’d buy them all if they did. Great work and I love your attention to detail at this scale. :thumbup::thumbup::wub:

your cars look great. now they just need a city from their era to go with them :thumbup:

Thanks hazrdone! Yes, that's a nice idea, but since I don't own a lego city there will probably be only some street scenes. Purchased my first CC building some days ago, though, so there will be more of a surrounding ...

This one is exquisite. I like the colors and the entire form. Well done.

Thanks solta, glad you like this one, too!

I love the old cars! I have a Lego town set of 30's gangsters and I think all of these cars would go so well with the Town! The use of the skies is a really great idea and I hope you don't mind but I might have to borrow some of your ideas they are just too good! Beautiful work! The white Cabriolet if my favorite! :thumbup:

Thanks steelwoolghandi! Wow, this sounds cool. Are there some photos of your set? I am very interested in things like that. Don't hesitate to use some ideas, looking forward to your versions!

Hum... I know that I have commented on the #6 (Runabout), but don´t see my post here... Oh well, then I can post again and compliment on the #6a; Stunning!

Do you actually have that many vintage-tyres, or do you take the cars apartÂż?

Thanks Henrik, means a lot coming from a car builder of your skills! You did comment on #6 on MOCpages, so that's fine for me. Concerning the tires: There are tons of the black ones to be purchased on BL, the grey ones are quite cheap as well, but some in a bad condition, since they are from the Sixties. I have probably halved the market of the grey ones in Germany recently, that's why I can build some more vintage cars ... :wink:

Wow! These are really cool! I especially like the choice to add the display stand on the last one. I could see TLG doing a whole line of these, such as the architecture series. I know I’d buy them all if they did. Great work and I love your attention to detail at this scale. :thumbup::thumbup::wub:

Thanks Dapper-D2, nice to hear that! In fact there are no cars meeting the complexity and style of the CC buildings. But for some reasons I doubt there will be a line like this - one of them being the difficulty to squeeze the figs into cars as low as these. I'd be glad if there was a re-issue of the Indiana Jones sets since I don't own any of that stuff ...

Again many thanks all for commenting and viewing!

[Edit, 27 September] Okay, there is another version of the Cabriolet in red, so that I think it's justified to consider it as a new MOC:

#7 Vintage Cabriolet

8029749925_2c9dff6ae9_z.jpg

[/Edit]

Edited by ER0L

#8: Bugatti 35C (1926)

8038702831_13c61d8306_z.jpg

One of the rare black ones. :wink: Fits 2 figs.

I'd like to add a photo of a combination of a CC building with a vintage car. When building it (my first ever CC building) I was overwhelmed by the complexity and tastefulness of the whole thing. But I wanted to have something more in an Art Deco style as a background for the vintage cars. So I took away all modern additions from the building and also the arches which rather hide a very nice and large glass facade. There are some more small changes, too. It's only a first approach to this subject and still a WIP, though.

8056214219_36e2012819_z.jpg

#9: Vintage Truck

8118521795_aaec3f3a2e_z.jpg

6w, fits 2 figs. Openable doors, detachable roof. Rear suspension (very basic, a flexible axle). The main point here is the "bucket handle steering" which allows the wheels to be steered simultaneously. The sticker is from a Cars set (cut). More pics here: http://www.mocpages....moc.php/344560"

Finally a street scene with the Vintage Truck:

8119035371_eaea694abc_z.jpg

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome as usual!

HotrodÂż? ;-)

No, a hotrod looks like this:

8284654366_63b683847e_z.jpg

:wink:

Edited by ER0L

Great colection of cars EROL! I'm not very familiar with vintage cars but they all look really well done. Really like the vintage cabriolet and the vintage truck. Don't know if it's possible with the parts limitations but I think either one would look good in dark green. Keep up the good work.

Very nice cars :thumbup:

Vintage cars are much more charming than modern cars.

Edited by Lasse

Great colection of cars EROL! I'm not very familiar with vintage cars but they all look really well done. Really like the vintage cabriolet and the vintage truck. Don't know if it's possible with the parts limitations but I think either one would look good in dark green. Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot danthaman11! Funny - I just ordered quite a few dark green parts ... :wink:

This #9: Vintage truck is fabolous. Beautiful lines and curves.

Thanks a lot Solta!

Beautiful! I love them

Many thanks harnbak!

Impressive vehicles! They are all excellent and look very realistic default_thumbup.gif

Glad to hear this soccerkid6!

Very nice cars default_thumbup.gif

Vintage cars are much more charming than modern cars.

Thanks a lot Lasse! Yes, I agree ... :wink:

I'd like to add another photo which shows some steering details of the truck. Might be interesting for some people, especially truck or tractor builders.

8109081245_040bd47f68_z.jpg

Many thanks all for commenting and viewing! The series will probably be continued ...

[Edit]

Just forgotten one thing, not a vintage car, but anyway: There is a new LDD file of the 7w cop car I built last year (see below). MOCpages fellow Dean0Rama has made it (thanks a lot Dean!), and it is great, even the height is right now. If you are interested you may download it here.

[/Edit]

Edited by ER0L

Oh man, your cars are just ever so great! Quite an inspiration, I have to get more into building cars like that. Awesome!!

I wonder how I've missed this topic, these are really great! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Commander Red Hat, glad you like them!

Oh man, your cars are just ever so great! Quite an inspiration, I have to get more into building cars like that. Awesome!!

Many thanks kabel, always nice to be an inspiration!