Sign in to follow this  
Multiverse

Review: 9465 The Zombies

In the US it's a Target store exclusive.

At least in Europe (and I think in America, too), this sort of exclusives are generally also available through S@H - and anyway, this has been for certain, so I find it puzzling as well that it's taken off the online shelves... it can't already have met its EoL, can it?

Edited by Multiverse

At least in Europe (and I think in America, too), this sort of exclusives are generally also available through S@H - and anyway, this has been for certain, so I find it puzzling as well that it's taken off the online shelves... it can't already have met its EoL, can it?

I think the MF sets were sort of designed to be a shorter seasonal run for Halloween. They may not be restocking them, at least not yet or not at this time? Not sure why, that seems like a very small sales window for a theme. It may simply be that that specific exclusive set was made in certain limited numbers to meet the anticipated need, and sold out far faster than they expected, with no plans to restock since it was a store exclusive set?

Your review has made me think that I should journey out of my star wars only Genre.

If you have the budget for it (I personally don't, but I choose to leave out Star Wars rather than the rest), I can only applaud and recommend that! And it is an excellent set to begin with, if you can find it. =)

Well, in my hesitation( fighting the temptation) to getting back into LEGO it looks like I missed out on this one. Its been disconttinued according to Target and they won't be getting anymore in. Unless I find someone else willing to sell it it looks as though I'll be buying this off ebay. I will see if I can find 9466 tonight though.

I wonder if like the toy shop it comes back in 2013 otherwise this will become one really saught after set!

I wonder if like the toy shop it comes back in 2013. Otherwise this will become one really sought after set!

I don't think it's going to return. I believe it met its EOL last year, as the Bakery probably will this year, and the Post Office next year. I don't see how this relates to the Zombies set, though. For questions/remarks about this, I would go to the Town subforum. =)

Well, in my hesitation( fighting the temptation) to getting back into LEGO it looks like I missed out on this one. Its been disconttinued according to Target and they won't be getting anymore in. Unless I find someone else willing to sell it it looks as though I'll be buying this off ebay. I will see if I can find 9466 tonight though.

It's sad that TLC wouldn't restock on a brilliant set like this. Perhaps it's because of the themes involved; perhaps they're having cold feet?

Multiverse - i was drawing an analogy between the zombies which appears to be EOL and toy shop which appeared to be discontinued but reappeared the following year en masse (including super markets).

...and finally pop that afterlife-changing question we've all been waiting to hear:

7751072194_735afd98c5.jpg

“Will you bury me?”

Brilliant! You need to do more reviews. :laugh:

I wish these monster fighters sets didn't all come with vehicles, which is putting me off buying any of them. For this set, I'd have loved to get just the mausoleum/tombs and bride, which are all awesome - but the rest doesn't really interest me the slightest.

I got this for Christmas (we bought it 2 months ago--before they vanished). I have to say, I like the tractor/train better than I thought I would; it makes for a decent post-apocalyptic vehicle if I decide to go for that theme someday. I don't care for its hammers, tho--they're a bit large and make the vehicle larger than I'd like.

Does anyone else have trouble getting the lids to close all the way with the zombies inside? It seems like the Groom's hat is too big for the box.

Has anyone tried to mod the coffins to look like the one in The Mines of Moria? I like how those are structured, but I need some dark bley 2 x 4 tiles to put on top before I can try it. The existing coffins look like, well, boxes....the Moria one has more of a "creepy tomb" feel.

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

Multiverse - i was drawing an analogy between the zombies which appears to be EOL and toy shop which appeared to be discontinued but reappeared the following year en masse (including super markets).

Oh, sorry. I guess I overlooked the an 'it' somewhere. =J

About the super markets - I never saw the WV sets anywhere else than the Brand stores and S@H. It's interesting to hear that they've got different availability elsewhere.

Brilliant! You need to do more reviews. :laugh:

I wish these monster fighters sets didn't all come with vehicles, which is putting me off buying any of them. For this set, I'd have loved to get just the mausoleum/tombs and bride, which are all awesome - but the rest doesn't really interest me the slightest.

Thanks a lot. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. =)

(I think I'll be writing more reviews, but it's a bit of a problem - I buy most of my sets on sales, so buy the time I get a set, most other people who're interested in it hae had it for a long while. And by then, doing a review would seem pretty much pointless).

I agree about vehicles in general, although I personally quite liked this one. But I never really MOC any vehicles myself, so the part range is of less use to me than the rest of the sets.

I got this for Christmas (we bought it 2 months ago--before they vanished). I have to say, I like the tractor/train better than I thought I would; it makes for a decent post-apocalyptic vehicle if I decide to go for that theme someday. I don't care for its hammers, tho--they're a bit large and make the vehicle larger than I'd like.

Does anyone else have trouble getting the lids to close all the way with the zombies inside? It seems like the Groom's hat is too big for the box.

Has anyone tried to mod the coffins to look like the one in The Mines of Moria? I like how those are structured, but I need some dark bley 2 x 4 tiles to put on top before I can try it. The existing coffins look like, well, boxes....the Moria one has more of a "creepy tomb" feel.

My thoughts exactly about the vehicle. =)

I didn't have any problems with fitting the groom in there. The bride, though, is a different story. And that's a great suggestion about the Moria modification; I'd probably try that if I still had my set together.

Edited by Multiverse

I'm really bummed I waited so long to pick this set up. Now I can't find it anywhere at a reasonable rate. Ugh!

The set is. sadly, discontinued. Curse you LEGO! Couldn't you discontinue this at the same time as the rest of the theme? I saw it once at Target, and never saw it again. I found out about it too late, looking everywhere for it, to find out that it was discontinued!

Well, I tried doing a "Mines of Moria" mod to my tombs. I don't have any spare 2x4 or 2x2 bley tiles, so I need to remember to get some on my next Bricklink shop. In the meantime, I used 2x2 tan tiles just to see how it would look.

DSC04075_zps62a16aa7.jpg

It's...erm...ok, but I don't think it looks as good as the Moria tomb. The back headpiece of the tombs may need to go, or else be raised by one 1x4 plate, and maybe--just maybe--it'll look better with actual 2x4 bleys in there. Still, I'm pretty sure the Moria tombs have a lid which lifts off, lip and all. Here, the lip would remain attached, while only the 2x8 plate on top would lift by the technic mechanism. Oh, and I can't create a rear lip because of the play feature.

So...I guess it looks better than the mere "boxes" Lego gave us, but not fabulous. Your thoughts?