Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Om nom nom--ohai, didn't see you there... :tongue:

Edited by Flipz

Pandora, will Nyx be signing up? I hope so, but if you're busy, I understand. :thumbup:

Yes, Nyx will definitely be signing up. There's no way she'd not want to help out Poletad and settle some old scores.

She just needs to wake up from her drunken stupor. :laugh:

Table flipping! :thumbup:

:grin:

See, he's not angry, he's just reinforcing the area against mad crossbow shots!

On the subject of quest scheduling, I'm contemplating planning a live quest for Brickworld 2013 in Chicago if anyone would be interested. I know we have quite a few players in the midwest area so I thought it might be neat to try one of these things in person. If that's the case, I'd need to get building more permanent MOC's which might take a little longer to prepare for, as opposed to the flimsy film sets I've been doing. :laugh:

Just so long as the happenings can be posted up here, I'd love to know what is going down.

So, Unlimited Questers, are you guys going to be staying much longer in there or will you be leaving soon? :sweet:

So, Unlimited Questers, are you guys going to be staying much longer in there or will you be leaving soon? :sweet:

I wanted to stay until I got 100 GP, but Legonater wants to make the sign-ups for Quest 53, so I think we'll have to leave after this battle ends. (unless for some reason we don't finish this battle in time) :sad:

Worse comes to worse you can head back in with Flare! :thumbup:

Yes, Nyx will definitely be signing up. There's no way she'd not want to help out Poletad and settle some old scores.

She just needs to wake up from her drunken stupor. :laugh:

Awesome! I want her around :wub: . She's got quite a few friends and foes waiting for her.

Edited by Zepher

Worse comes to worse you can head back in with Flare! :thumbup:

Oh, right; Flare, I want to get back in with your party. :grin:

You should take your friendly neighborhood Thormy along, too, so that I've got something to keep my attention over break! Heh

I wanted to stay until I got 100 GP, but Legonater wants to make the sign-ups for Quest 53, so I think we'll have to leave after this battle ends. (unless for some reason we don't finish this battle in time) :sad:

Yuss yuss yuss yuss yuss :excited::wub_drool::grin_wub:

If you want to sign back up with me then I'll be more than happy :excited:

We'll need to get some other dudes who won't be lured away by other quests. Personally there are no quests that I will *have* to go on, but I love the Unlimited Quest so much it broke poor Benji's heart to leave just after three battles. :pir_bawling:

So... anyone else interested in joining me to the Unlimited Quest? One of the only conditions is that you need to have no interest in leaving on any condition whatsoever :grin: :grin:

Also....... If I could borrow some gold from someone then I can upgrade my shield so that we both could withstand heavy free-hits.

You should take your friendly neighborhood Thormy along, too, so that I've got something to keep my attention over break! Heh

Consider yourself invited to join my proposed party :wink:

Edited by Flare

I have a question: How does it work exactly the shovel that I can buy in the Market?? :classic:

I considered buying one as well :wink:

Look at Pretzel. I think whenever you are not in a battle but on a new place you can use it. (maybe it makes more sense on soft ground than on hard ground) And than it is up to the QM to give you benefits or not.

But I am just guessing.

The Wren Quest sigh-ups end in... a week. :look: There is a slight chance I'll extend them a bit... but it's not likely. I am also seriously considering extending an invitation to Tesni, Hybros and Tarn if they get back before a certain plot point. People pull replacements for quests, don't see why I shouldn't be able to add 3 people to the quest after it departs. Though that's assuming a) they'd be interested b) Sandy approves and c) they get back in time for the plot point.

Pandora, will Nyx be signing up? I hope so, but if you're busy, I understand. :thumbup:

Well I really want to be back for it. Hope this stupid murder gets cleared up here quickly...

You can sign Cronk up for such a quest right now.

Me as well!

You can sign Cronk up for such a quest right now.

Me as well!

I considered buying one as well :wink:

Look at Pretzel. I think whenever you are not in a battle but on a new place you can use it. (maybe it makes more sense on soft ground than on hard ground) And than it is up to the QM to give you benefits or not.

But I am just guessing.

I agree, shovels are under-used. Try digging in a quest, you'll never know what you find. :wink:

I've got another busy weekend ahead of me, so updates on my quests will be sporadic. Sorry! :blush:

I have a question: How does it work exactly the shovel that I can buy in the Market?? :classic:

You buy it, you say you want to dig somewhere (in a quest, when not fighting), and then EXPLOSIONS and you get knocked out.

At least, that's my experience. :look:

You buy it, you say you want to dig somewhere (in a quest, when not fighting), and then EXPLOSIONS and you get knocked out.

:laugh:

I think Quest 14 was actually the only quest in which someone dug something up that had any actual value. Equipment is vastly underused. :sadnew:

If you want to sign back up with me then I'll be more than happy :excited:

One of the only conditions is that you need to have no interest in leaving on any condition whatsoever :grin: :grin:

Awesome. :classic: Don't worry abut me; I won't want to leave. (Until I get to 100 GP, then I might want to leave. But I could stick around and grab an XP 'Shroom or some Gold if you don't want to.)

Sounds good to me. Did you get the Gold to finish our trade? Your stats page only lists 80 Gold and 95 loaned to Lycan, but I thought you had more than that. :look:

Until I get to 100 GP, then I might want to leave. But I could stick around and grab an XP 'Shroom or some Gold if you don't want to.)

That reminds me....I know the farm doesn't count as a sanctuary, Sandy, but between battles, can heroes go back to trade in GP for rewards, and still continue in the Fields?

And megablokin' cobblestones! :laugh: (Although now that I think of it, that was the same Shovel... :look: )

I seriously would have tried digging on the ship if I thought I could get away with it. Pie's response to the cobblestone street digging showed me that I couldn't. :tongue:

Although now I think of it, I believe that fishing rods should become a purchaseable tool; it's ended up having use in several Quests now...

Speaking of which, Pie, what WERE the other options for using the fishing rod? I know I got the best result, but what were the others?

In any event, I'd recomment all new players purchase a Bedroll before anything else, and possibly spend the last 5 Gold on a Potion or a Smoke Bomb for their own protection.

Speaking of which, Pie, what WERE the other options for using the fishing rod? I know I got the best result, but what were the others?

1 – Nothing

2 - Fresh Fish

3 - Bone

4 – Mead, Smelling Salts, Mulled Wine

5 – Telescope, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass

6 – Big Friggin’ Chunk of Coral (WP: 8, earth and water-elemental, club), Cloak of Deception, Tricorne

For 4-6 I would roll another die. There were only one of both the Coral and the Cloak, so once you got the Cloak it would've been 50-50 chance to get the Tricorne or Coral on a 6.

So you had a 1/18 chance to get it, and yet still ended up with the best item...but I guess the die came back and bit you in the megablocks during that last round of the Automaton battle. :grin:

Edited by CallMePie

Sounds good to me. Did you get the Gold to finish our trade? Your stats page only lists 80 Gold and 95 loaned to Lycan, but I thought you had more than that. :look:

Well, it seems that Thormy's a bit too philanthropic for his own good. Once quests 48 & 49 are done, everyone that Thormy needs to settle with should be in, or have at least passed through, the Hall. If it comes down to crunch time and I've got to pass on the next Fields run, then I'll at least pass along the scroll in advance, good faith and all that, heh. Mostly depends on the endings of quests and how soon after this Fields party leaves that Sandy wants to get another group going.