kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

I was writing a post but I did something really stupid so here's me writing it again. Well, most of it anyway. [/lazy]

I swear you're making me want to read those books, Aanchir. :tongue: I found them on Amazon, so I might buy them.

Anyway, I got Speeda Demon last Saturday. Very cool set, the bike looks much nicer in person (and has a realistic steering mechanism this time! Too bad for no kickstand, however), and SD himself is a great figure that can hold its own in front of the other 3 medium sized villains (much better than most Bionicle pilots..).

The BP helmet isn't bad at all- SD's design is different enough you almost don't notice he has the same face as other 2 characters.

Did anyone else find 2 extra gold barbs in the set? I stuck those in the Glatorian head side holes, so they act as a sort of secondary set of small horns.

With Speeda, my Breakout collection is 100% complete. Dare to say, this might be my favourite Lego action figure line ever! Awesome looking figures, full variety of models (humanoids, animals, vehicles, figures of all sizes), never seen before colour schemes, lots of colours and great new pieces.

I'd like to collect all the Breakout sets, but that requires money that I don't actually have.

Same here!

I've still got to find Bulk and Breez- none of the stores near me seem to carry either of them.

I don't have many of the other sets, but Bulk and Breez are high on my list. Luckily, they know better than to drive Hero-Craft when they're intoxicated :tongue:

Edited by Cirkit

So apparently the LEGO Hero Factory resealable pouches won an award. Very neat to see that this style of packaging is considered innovative not only for LEGO, but for the packaging industry as well. Even if they somewhat resemble Capri Sun packages:

respect_the_pouch_edit.png

On a side note, this brings back memories of when the Toa Mata canisters won an award back in 2001 and when the Bohrok canisters won an award in 2002.

Edited by Aanchir

I'd like to hunt down Bulk, Breez, and Thornraxx. Can't find any of those guys anywhere but Toys R Us.

I think I'd like to get another Voltix for those lightning parts. Or Speeda- more lightning, AND gold parts.

Plus, his helmet could be great for the making of a mutated Dark-Matter :D

LEGO Hero Factory Double Points Weeks are back again, this time to celebrate the robot holiday Makumas. They can make up as many excuses as they want for all I care; I just appreciate the Hero Points. And the decent-quality images of Zib and Quadal, for that matter. They don't get nearly enough love on the Hero Factory site.

...Aaaaaannd for some reason all my save data has been lost. LEGO.com, I am disappoint. :angry:

Edited by Aanchir

...Aaaaaannd for some reason all my save data has been lost. LEGO.com, I am disappoint. :angry:

What the heck, mine is gone, too. O.o I hope it isn't actually gone and LEGO is just having server issues...

-Gata signoff.png

What the heck, mine is gone, too. O.o I hope it isn't actually gone and LEGO is just having server issues...

-Gata signoff.png

I sent an e-mail to LEGO customer service, and they said they didn't have any cached version of the save data, though they were willing to restore my Hero Points if I told them how many I had previously. Of course, this does nothing to restore the time and points I had already spent on upgrades, unless I give them the amount of points I earned total rather than the amount I had when my data was erased.

All in all, it's a massively unfortunate turn if events as I had been enjoying the game greatly and now I'm going to have a hard time enjoying it nearly as much, if I go back to playing it at all.

After seeing Faber´s Cryoshell Breakout cover art, I must say that it´s pretty darn awesome. The Cryoshell logo takes up the same space where, in the Breakout add, Black Phantom is.

Same here, Shop at home says that I've never made any purchases and 50 bucks worth of VIP points are gone.

Anyways, I decided to buy a Jetrax, but it still had the old sockets :/

I can't believe they still haven't wrapped up the 2012 story. Hopefully we'll get a nice series of inside scoops on actual new stuff.

Same here, Shop at home says that I've never made any purchases and 50 bucks worth of VIP points are gone.

Anyways, I decided to buy a Jetrax, but it still had the old sockets :/

Jetrax? Do you mean Jetbug? If you really mean Jetrax I'm not surprised it had the old sockets, since it was out-of-production long before the new sockets were introduced. If you mean Jetbug, though, I feel your pain-- my Jetbug also had the old sockets.

I can't believe they still haven't wrapped up the 2012 story. Hopefully we'll get a nice series of inside scoops on actual new stuff.

What do you mean exactly by "wrapped up"? I think at this stage of the game we can probably expect that there was never any intent to feature the Breakout sets in an equal amount of story media. It is a shame that Breez and Nex have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to story (not even getting Omega Recon updates), but it seems like LEGO Club story updates in general have been slow this year... consider Lloyd Garmadon's Blog from LEGO Ninjago, which had two entries posted before dropping out of the scene entirely.

I imagine there was intent, just poor follow-through. I mean, BIONICLE plot threads are one thing but here we have the main point of a line and some characters aren't even mentioned. Needs to be more consistency in it.

What the... I don't even...

Atleast we know what happened after Aldy escaped from the prison: He went for a tiny award instead of going back to Quatros.

Saw that recently as well. So lulzy. Animation is pretty bad, too =P.

Wasn't it implied that we would get some kind of promotional set out of it, or something?

Saw that recently as well. So lulzy. Animation is pretty bad, too =P.

Wasn't it implied that we would get some kind of promotional set out of it, or something?

Never. The only thing meant to come of this, according to the Tongal overview, is a web series.

Edited by Aanchir

Duplicates. I have purchased 3 Core Hunters already, because he is a good source for black shells. And the only color for cool MoCs is black, right? I didn't buy a stormer, too much white.

Two reapas, I might buy a third one soon. For some reason I find the trans neon green hoses more important than the trans shells.

Two Thornraxx (None that is staying built). This seems to be 2012's scorpio. It is such a set that I dislike, but I had no idea how much I use these bricks in black:

4622907.jpg

If I could find another one in a store, I might get it too.

Two bulks, gun metal shell goodness.

I think that if given the chance to buy more sets for bricks, I will still get a scorpio, they are warming the shelves and is still by far the best bang for buck. Next in my list are more reap and core hunter.

I wish this thing:

6000178.jpg

existed in gunmetal.

Edited by vexorian

Duplicates. I have purchased 3 Core Hunters already, because he is a good source for black shells. And the only color for cool MoCs is black, right? I didn't buy a stormer, too much white.

Two reapas, I might buy a third one soon. For some reason I find the trans neon green hoses more important than the trans shells.

Two Thornraxx (None that is staying built). This seems to be 2012's scorpio. It is such a set that I dislike, but I had no idea how much I use these bricks in black:

If I could find another one in a store, I might get it too.

Two bulks, gun metal shell goodness.

I think that if given the chance to buy more sets for bricks, I will still get a scorpio, they are warming the shelves and is still by far the best bang for buck. Next in my list are more reap and core hunter.

I wish this thing:

existed in gunmetal.

Nice collection. I agree, Thornraxx is a pretty excellent parts pack. In fact, many of the Breakout sets have useful parts, and although my twin brother and I have all our Breakout sets with us at college, I sometimes find myself wishing I had duplicates of, say, XT4. (6x5 torso beam, 6M shells, and 7M beams FTW!)

Edited by Aanchir

Thornraxx is my second-favorite set of 2012, with exception of Speeda Demon, who still isn't available here.