Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I've never heard of yoyo.com before.....I'll check it out. I have seen that Helm's Deep is now $105 on a regular basis at Walmart and Target. Kind of makes me wish I had waited longer than May1st to buy it!

Moster Fighters on Clearance would be a great pickup!

Thanks!

I've compleated my next build (though not part of my story, it goes along with it): (clicking on the picture will take you to the topic)

8249783542_484dc7ba15.jpg

Nice technique on the sails and the mast :classic: .

I've never heard of yoyo.com before.....I'll check it out. I have seen that Helm's Deep is now $105 on a regular basis at Walmart and Target. Kind of makes me wish I had waited longer than May1st to buy it!

I usually watch the forums on www.toysnbricks.com for news about on-sale LEGO. They're usually pretty good, and cover TRU, Walmart, LEGO store, Target, Amazon, etc, plus a lot of other stores. They also have forums for Canadian and European sales. (Unfortunately, I just checked them and their site is down right now :hmpf_bad: )

Well, don't worry, there might be some LEGO wedding presents coming your way... :wink: Just let us know your address and when the big date is.

By the way, what courses do you teach?

You are too kind...

I teach history 50% online 50% on ground at different universities.

Hoping to land a full time job soon, so that I may make comparable money only teaching 5 classes, but guessing I will have to finish my dissertation first.

Edited by SkaForHire

Moster Fighters on Clearance would be a great pickup!

Toys R Us has werewolf set @ $12.50 today only. SRP 19.99

TRU also has Venomari Shrine for $4.50 (MSRP $6.99). It's a Ninjago set, but it has six dark-tan brick-bricks (masonry bricks), two 2x1x3 dark tan slopes, four 1x1 tan bricks with technic hole, two of the newer snake pieces, and variety of other useful pieces. I'm definitely tempted to pick up a few of these.

TRU also has Venomari Shrine for $4.50 (MSRP $6.99). It's a Ninjago set, but it has six dark-tan brick-bricks (masonry bricks), two 2x1x3 dark tan slopes, four 1x1 tan bricks with technic hole, two of the newer snake pieces, and variety of other useful pieces. I'm definitely tempted to pick up a few of these.

I picked up 2 but didn't really pay much attention to them. Now that you pointed out that they have the brick bricks, I might pick up a few more.

i have 85 light bley brick bricks, probably the pride of my collection at the moment :grin:

with LUGBULK, can you order multiple elements in 1 go? I really need to find a LUG in the north island...

Remember! Only LUG members can participate in LUGBulk. Personally, I have no idea why I haven't joined one.

i have 85 light bley brick bricks, probably the pride of my collection at the moment :grin:

with LUGBULK, can you order multiple elements in 1 go? I really need to find a LUG in the north island...

Or you could start your own LUG! Aren't you and someone else (Zach) in Wellington?

Or you could start your own LUG! Aren't you and someone else (Zach) in Wellington?

yep, a LUG needs atleast 10 people participating in the LUGbulk program to qualify for LUGbulk, but its a good idea, i know some people :classic:

EDIT: lots of rules :tongue: looks like it won't be happening for a while :grin:

Edited by Legonardo

yep, a LUG needs atleast 10 people participating in the LUGbulk program to qualify for LUGbulk, but its a good idea, i know some people :classic:

EDIT: lots of rules :tongue: looks like it won't be happening for a while :grin:

Maybe you all should join the Christchurch LUG. It doesn't say that all the participating members have to do two exhibitions per year -- just that the LUG has to do two public exhibitions per year. That way you and a few other Wellingtonians (?) could put on an exhibit (say at a local school or something), and the Christchurch folks already do one. There you go - your qualifying two exhibitions. You don't necessarily even have to ever meet up with the other members of the LUG.

Maybe you all should join the Christchurch LUG. It doesn't say that all the participating members have to do two exhibitions per year -- just that the LUG has to do two public exhibitions per year. That way you and a few other Wellingtonians (?) could put on an exhibit (say at a local school or something), and the Christchurch folks already do one. There you go - your qualifying two exhibitions. You don't necessarily even have to ever meet up with the other members of the LUG.

you mean LUG4/2? I am part of that, but is quite unclear where you get lugbulk from them and if they even do it. you seem very informed about NZ? super keen if you do come in august :classic:

you mean LUG4/2? I am part of that, but is quite unclear where you get lugbulk from them and if they even do it. you seem very informed about NZ? super keen if you do come in august :classic:

I'm not that informed. I'm just pretending to be. Actually my first cousin lives in Wellington, and one of my childhood friends lived in Auckland until last summer, so I hear quite a bit about NZ from them (although not really about LEGO). Is everything all hobbit-ed out there right now? My cousin said there was a huge Gollum in the airport there the other day.

I considered trying to join my closest Lug, GFLug, but making the meetings would be a challenge because they usually meet in Tampa. I thought, since most of the members are part of a train builders' group, they would enjoy the local celebration Yulee Day here, but the last few years there have been problems. The display engine has been in the shop, bad weather, and this year the organizer was too sick and no one took his place, so no Yulee Day. Next year the city has moved the date from June (around my birthday) to March (during MegaCon), for better weather, to avoid competition from other towns during Railroad Days, and to coincide with the time the first trains came through on the tracks David Yulee's company laid. All that consideration to hopefully convince the GFLug to visit my little town, so I might find a way to at least be associated with the Lug. The only Lug in Florida I could find.

Sorry about the rant.

Go for something that people often need in high volume, that very few bricklink stores offer in that kind of volume. I can't tell you how many times I have needed more of these in light bley: http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=3046a

Edited by gedren_y

I'm not that informed. I'm just pretending to be. Actually my first cousin lives in Wellington, and one of my childhood friends lived in Auckland until last summer, so I hear quite a bit about NZ from them (although not really about LEGO). Is everything all hobbit-ed out there right now? My cousin said there was a huge Gollum in the airport there the other day.

yeah, I have not seen the gollum yet ( my brother has) but there is a massive gandalf down the road + there was heaps of other stuff at the world premier.

I don't use bricklink, never have, and am going to try stay clear of it as long as i can because I know that if I start I will get lost in it.

I would probably go for:

foliage (maybe)

SNOT bricks

tiles

2x1 bricks in bley and tan

cheese!

dark bley slopes

I've finished another free build!

8271321689_d01a3402f9_n.jpg

Here is the topic (you can also click on the picture though...).

My parts pack form the University contest arrived this week, Si-Mocs! The foliage is already in a free-build...

We seem to be lacking on free builds... Avalonia has several "on their way" (although since that has become standard perhaps it doesn't mean much!), Mitgardia is only 70 golds behind us! and has more coming... in fact, about five days are inbetween the last two comments here (granted there was some down time)! Really appreciate what you're doing with the Calender NM, I hope each build can earn up to 50 points... Anyway here is my latest. I have two more done, need to get the story written! (Click on the picture to go to the topic):

8291392556_37ebf0fe4a.jpg

We seem to be lacking on free builds...

Yes, definitely, and until recently I have been part of the problem there. Will hopefully have more free time in the new year, as my work tends to calm down in mid-January. Plus we will have a bunch of new sets to build from (well, actually, they're Christmas presents for my son, so I'll have to get him involved...).

Really appreciate what you're doing with the Calender NM, I hope each build can earn up to 50 points

I highly doubt I'll get up to 50 for each build! That would probably be a bit unfair. Everyone would start cranking out micro-builds if that were the case! Not sure how they'll count them. Maybe up to 10 points per build (doesn't mean each build would get 10 points however).

...I highly doubt I'll get up to 50 for each build! That would probably be a bit unfair. Everyone would start cranking out micro-builds if that were the case! Not sure how they'll count them. Maybe up to 10 points per build (doesn't mean each build would get 10 points however).

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that too. 50 per build is a lot, but 50 total wouldn't make sense, plus it would be hard to divide up between guilds (though I think you've only had one non-kaliphlin so far). I did a miniature castle not too long ago, though it was bigger than these builds I had kind of assumed it qualified for the full 50. I guess scoring micro-builds has never really been a problem as there haven't been too many (at least as far as I know).

Edit: Looks like a lot of Historicans (Kaliphlin at least) have gone Holiday-bye, but I'll try to hold the fort. (I'm not going anywhere until mid-January.) So here's one of those two builds I've had done for quite a while but never got around to writing the story for (click-picture-topic):

8303704150_26f3cd1a7f.jpg

Edit 2: Second Free-Build of the week!

8318432202_ecff6d3b17_m.jpg

Edited by Kai NRG

Kai NRG, when Kaliphlin is in it deepest peril, Lord Damaximus always comes to the rescue :D

I promised to post my University build already 3 months ago, but never found the time to post it, so that will be for tomorrow :)

Also I finally started building the second chapter of the Quest of the Alleenridders (I got already the base and the lava) :D

I finally have some time to build again (I love exams, then I have to stay home :D )

Oh, and a late merry xmas and/or nice holidays to everyone!

Kai NRG, when Kaliphlin is in it deepest peril, Lord Damaximus always comes to the rescue :D...

Great! :sweet: We can always use more builders, glad you're back! Can't wait to see your university build, and I think the second semester has already started so you still stand a shot at a mummy battle pack!

Edit: At least I assume that's what it will be, or something similar.

Edited by Kai NRG

Great! :sweet: We can always use more builders, glad you're back! Can't wait to see your university build, and I think the second semester has already started so you still stand a shot at a mummy battle pack!

Edit: At least I assume that's what it will be, or something similar.

Haha, for me, the first semester is ending now (with the exams) :D

edit:

here a teaser for the 2nd chapter of the Alleenridders riding out:

qota_teaser.png

Really blurry and dark, but it is a teaser :D

Edited by DaMaximus