Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Sorry for the delays, 48ers! The next post I make in 48 (which I will start now) will have some content to it.

What, are you not going to comment on Aquos? :tongue:

or does he look too much like a Rhodus recolor? :blush:

Rhodus recolour.

Drat! :blush:

Also, c'mon, I'm bolding plot points here. You're killin' me! :tongue:

Drat! :blush:

Also, c'mon, I'm bolding plot points here. You're killin' me! :tongue:

It's called intentionally missing the point, demonstrating little respect for the opponent.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

So, Etzel, when we guess the wrong person for the murder will we still get the quest reward? Really we were hired to deliver a letter and we did that. :grin:

Yes, you do. If you guess right you'll get the higher reward though.

You can of course assume Guts takes the Smelling Salts from the back row, leaving him standing.

Free hits take the second action's row into effect, not the first's.

Free hits take the second action's row into effect, not the first's.

Don't they just take the row of the actual action in account? It doesn't matter much, anyway.

Don't they just take the row of the actual action in account? It doesn't matter much, anyway.

Your last action was an attack, and if you don't specify a Row from which to attack (and if you're not forced to stay in the Back Row), then you attack from the Front Row.

I didn't know that, Pie. Scuba never stated a row at all for either action, so I assumed both would be from the front.

I think it's generally assumed that items are used from the back row.

Right, but if the free hit calculation is based on the last action then it wouldn't matter in this case. Both you and Brickdoctor have mentioned it but I was unaware of it.

Yeah I didn't know/remember that Free hits are taken from the row of the last action, but it's fine, team, use a smoke bomb!

This is one of those situations that has yet to have an official ruling on due to the fact that hastened heroes don't often act from different rows during one turn and take free hits. While it's generally assumed that items are used from the back row, it should be stated to avoid confusion. From a literal reading of the rules I would say that which ever row your action was performed in that is the row you receive the free hit from, even if you did switch rows. From logicalical/RL perspective though I would say it makes more sense that it should be dependent on which ever row you performed your last action in. I think it would be helpful to get a definite ruling on this.

Galen: Hates spiders, has got a thing for Proggs.

I think we need more adult themes like Progg wooing in this game anyway.

This is one of those situations that has yet to have an official ruling on due to the fact that hastened heroes don't often act from different rows during one turn and take free hits. While it's generally assumed that items are used from the back row, it should be stated to avoid confusion. From a literal reading of the rules I would say that which ever row your action was performed in that is the row you receive the free hit from, even if you did switch rows. From logicalical/RL perspective though I would say it makes more sense that it should be dependent on which ever row you performed your last action in. I think it would be helpful to get a definite ruling on this.

We've discussed this in the past, and it was declared that hastened heroes get a Free Hit based on whichever row they were on on their second turn. If the player has not stated the row, it's the QMs decision how the Free Hit will be calculated.

I personally always make heroes use items from the back row, unless they stated otherwise.

Thanks for the clarification Sandy. So in this instance I should have assumed Scuba use the item from the back row but then attacked from the front, which is what the free hits calculation takes into account.

Galen: Hates spiders, has got a thing for Proggs.

Spiders and Proggs are not even remotely similar. :sadnew: Besides, given the opportunity perhaps Galen would have taken a liking to some female spider too. :def_shrug: