Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Day Three: Don't Ask Me Why

Look, there can't be a cult. Not just because it would be a ridiculous addition on top of these Lunches and weird Town roles like Governor, Jack of All Trades, Day-Investigator, Day-Killer, and Jail-Keeper, but because if there was, our Win-Condition would be 'you win when all the Non-Town are dead." or anything less black and white then our actual Win Condition. It's that simple, I think. God is not stupid. A proper Win-Condition is phrased so that it does not negatively impact the balance of the game. Saying "Non-Town" reveals nothing about there being a Cult or SKs or other Neutrals and is a common way of phrasing the Win Condition, but that's not the word in our Win-Condition. It's Black and White.

That said, if this were not the case, I'd recommend very strongly not Lynching Shadell. Her claim seems incredibly reasonable. So reasonable that it makes me still want to try to keep her alive to test her claim. It fits brilliantly with the events that have transpired. She claimed it early and for no reason. She's stuck to the same story consistently. But it simply cannot be true. Shadell's brilliant play is made moot by semantics. If it is not a great lie, I would be legitimately surprised. That is why I cannot oppose this Lynch any more. I'd suggest keeping her alive another night to test it out, but it's just a lie. I'm sorry Shadell, you got screwed by semantics whether you're lying or not.

I just like knowing things. If we have a possible or likely scum, wouldn't it make sense to get their name out there?

But if the story is revolving around somebody with a potentially important Action, we don't want those names out there. Do you understand that? If there are siblings and you're Scum and we tell you the name of one, you get two Town deaths if you kill that person.

Now, why did you want to lynch Statler, the one who appears to be telling the truth, Sara? Come on, start answering the questions you are being asked...

I'm not that experienced in the Town department...

There's always next game... :laugh:

Since there's a penalty if I don't, I will

Vote: Shadell (Shadows)

As I also don't want a penalty, I will

Vote: Shadell(Shadows)

There's no penalty for not voting for Shadell. If you think someone else is scummy, you can always vote for them instead.

There's no penalty for not voting for Shadell. If you think someone else is scummy, you can always vote for them instead.

I'm well aware, thank you. There are people I have suspicions of, but there are things coming together behind the scenes that will more or less shape my accusations for tomorrow. For now, I am content with placing a useless vote on Shadell.

Sheesh. So, okay. Humm. I'm not sure about this Shadell thing, guys. Surely if she were scum, she'd have come up with something more believable to dupe us with. She's a smart person, why would she claim such a convoluted role when she could have done something much simpler and more believable? Why would she claim such a convoluted role if there was no truth to it? It's disconcerting, to say the least. But her lynch will provide answers at least.

I think we should take note of the people who are quick to disregard a cult, as well. Who'd be more eager to shrug off the possibility of a cult than a cultist? It was proposed by several people at the start of all this that it's possible there are multiple scum teams, so why couldn't there be a scum team and a cult? I think in order to win this, we shouldn't discount the possibilities. Be prepared for anything, and all that.

The day kills too, I'm still finding a tad confusing. What with an allegedly confirmed scum being killed, there's no way it's a scum day killer, so Vigilante sounds certainly possible. Or, of course, it could be a serial killer, however if it is then I doubt there's a cult or two scum teams. Surely if it is a Vigilante, they would have gotten in contact with someone like Oscar. Maybe they have. The thing I find most confusing is the means, though, they're all bizarre and random methods, which isn't normally the case. It's strange. Then again, so is the fact that there is even a day killer, so... hmm.

Of course I don't want any penalties tomorrow, so for the sake of getting some definitive answers, I'll chip into the vote pool and Vote: Shadell (Shadows).

Surely if it is a Vigilante, they would have gotten in contact with someone like Oscar. Maybe they have.

They have. Sweetums. I asked him to kill Matilda. He did.

Well, in the interests of avoiding a penalty to my horsey pride, I shall Vote: Shadell (Shadows).

Could someone explain the sibling crap a little more clearly? All these stupid double identities are just confusing, Person A, B and C would be so much easier to keep track of... From what I gather there are brothers and now sisters? Was somoene caught lying? A clear and simple explanation would be appreciated.

Could someone explain the sibling crap a little more clearly? All these stupid double identities are just confusing, Person A, B and C would be so much easier to keep track of... From what I gather there are brothers and now sisters? Was somoene caught lying? A clear and simple explanation would be appreciated.

I must've forgotten the highlight list:

1. Statler contacts Daisy on Day 1 or 2 telling him he's looking for his brother. (say he needs to find him "before it's too late")
  2. Daisy announces that someone is looking for a brother (can't remember if that happened on Day 1 or 2)
  3. Dr. Teeth contacts Statler and says "You're looking for your brother? I'm looking for my sister! We've found each other!"
  4. Statler asks Dr. Teeth how he knew he was looking for his brother and Dr. Teeth says Daisy told him.
  5. I ask Dr. Teeth how he knew Statler was looking for his brother and Dr. Teeth says that he re-read the day threads and saw Daisy say that Statler was looking for his brother.
  6. Except, Daisy never said that when he posted. So Dr. Teeth is lying through his teeth.

So this leaves us with two questions:

1. Why would Dr. Teeth lie about this? Answer: Who cares? Lynch all liars.
  2. How did Dr. Teeth know it was Statler who needed to find his brother.

Oh, well that makes more sense. I thought there were more sisters running around or something.

Good questions! Does Dr. Teeth have an answer to either one? Do they really need name protection? It's a sibling role not a power role...

Dr. Teeth told me he was getting on a train and would be back on in 30 minutes...about 10 hours ago.

Well, this info about siblings is very interesting. Dr. Teeth lying about getting their information makes no sense, so I think they'll be a good target for our Vig tomorrow (or a lynch target, whatever works better). I wonder how Dr. Teeth found out about all of this. Do you think Dr. Teeth was telling the truth to both Oscar and Statler or just lying to both of them? I can't think of any other reason, so maybe they told the truth to one of them but lied to the other? Either way, Dr. Teeth lied and like Oscar said, we should lynch all liars.

Also, I'll Vote: Shadell (Shadows)

When I said do you think Dr. Teeth was telling the truth to both Oscar and Statler, I meant just one of them, not both.

Thanks, asterisk.

Ramble on

I think we can all feel a bit more confident in our lynch now, seeing that Shadell didn't come back with any defense or Town fighting spirit. If she thought it was her responsibility to get the Scum and the Cult, she didn't leave us with any leads, besides pointing a finger at me. Besides lightly accusing her accuser (of being a cult member, then Godfather, then saying I was probably important to the Town. :wacko: ) she offered no other insight despite claiming to be leading an active charge against those against the Town. And I think Bunsen and Beeker deserve quite a bit of credit for turning in Matilada, though Shadell seems to be trying to take all the credit for that. Matilda had come up several times amongst the other Muppets and she had blatantly lied to me about who she targeted, so I think we were on our way to catching her. Point being, I think a Townie that spoke of being so dedicated to their job would fight to the end and offer us some things to look at tomorrow if she's supposedly going to turn up Town. Avoiding mentioning anyone but me allows Shadell to not clear or incriminate anyone else by listing off her own suspicions or commenting on all the other activity we've produced in our investigating. Now if she turns up Scum (or Cult :hmpf: ) tomorrow, we'll have no other names to clear or incriminate by her words.

/Ramble

I think Bunsen and Beeker deserve quite a bit of credit for turning in Matilada, though Shadell seems to be trying to take all the credit for that.

More than a bit, between the three of us, a scum was stopped, and that was all made possible by the cult investigation. Oh, wait, that doesn't exist. You're just deathly afraid of being investigated the same way. :laugh:

*picks up Oscar and flips him over, squinting*

You know, everything was fine with my investigations until the witch hunt by dickless here.

Oscar: There's no cult! There can't be! No such thing exists! Save me! I've wet myself. Again. :look:

*a voice calls out from the crowd* Is this true?

Yes it's true.

This hedgehog has no dick. And he's wet himself. Again.

Just then, a nearby radio begins playing a commercial.

Voice 1: Are you troubled by strange killings in the middle of the day?

Voice 2: Do you experience feelings of dread when you're around hedgehogs?

Voice 3: Have you or any of your family ever seen a spook, spectre or cult leader?

Voice 1: If the answer is "yes," then don't wait another minute. Pick up the phone and call the professionals...

All 3: Cultbusters!

Voice 1: Our courteous and efficient staff is on call 24 hours a day to serve all your cult elimination needs.

All 3: We're ready to believe you.

It's good to know that someone does. :hmpf:

I plan on getting a good night's sleep, I have a busy day ahead of me. Night, ladies. :wink:

The majority vote has been reached, and Day Three is over.

With a final vote tally of 19, Shadell (Shadows) has been chosen for lynch.

Vote Count

Shadell (Shadows) - 19 votes (Hinckley, Scubacarrot, fhomess, CallMePie, badboytje88, Cecilie, Bob, Dannylonglegs, def, PsyKater, Piratedave84, Captain Genaro, Tamamono, Shadows, JimButcher, TheBoyWonder, iamded, Dragonator, DarthPotato )

Non-Voters - VolcanicPanik

After what felt like Days, Julia finally emerges from the the main house to address the crowd.

8269131262_01cde71bf2_c.jpg

8234239796_18dc8ae963_t.jpg

"I thought I heard some arguing out here, but you all seem pretty quiet now. Looks like you've made your decision."

"Lynch all Liars!"
Someone yells.

"Well, I'm not sure where the dogs went…probably shouldn't have left that front gate open last night. I've just been so busy and people keep dying. Then there's all the blood to clean up on top of everything else."

"I love blood."
Someone yells

"Anyway! What to do with Shadell? I need a little supper before interrogating her, so we'll lock her in her room. After I have food, I'll talk to her and search her room. In the morning, I will let you all know what I've found."

8267708967_7020783b6b_c.jpg

You have 24 hours to get your night actions in.