Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Day Three: Don't Ask Me Why

3 vests: what about the Scum? Why is there only Town, neutral and cult in your scenario? We know there's Scum. We killed one.

Honestly, I don't know. In that case it'd be big 4, but that's too much. This setup is confusing as hell.

Shadell not being defensive? Are we reading the same responses? All those unnecessary insults and metagaming? Well-worded and convincing lies are still lies. Check my points again. There are too many answers she's given that are heavily suspicious. Why did she really want to find the day killer? What is the nonsense about the regular investigators getting Town results on Cult members. Are these the things that sound reasonable to you?

I generally find those sorts of things to be huge towntells. :blush: But then again, I've been practicing these situations in an environment much different from ours, so it makes sense that I would.

I have to admit, the regular investigators getting town on the CL seems a bit far-fetched, and that thing about the daykiller reeks as well. :look:

Instead of taking his case to us here, Shadell is working on the Governor in private. How's that for Scummy? Or at least anti-Town?

Honestly, the death of either of us should provide answers the Town needs to clear this mess up. Why, then, is Shadell unwilling to consider voting for me? Does the confusion she's trying to spread only work when I'm alive?

Both of these are big scumtells, although the second is worse. If she's scum, she does need you to stay a scapegoat, and killing you would prevent that. :sceptic: That's a really, really good point.

Yeah, you know what, it's between Oscar and Shadell today, and there's no way I'm going to vote for Oscar, so Vote: Shadell (Shadows)

A majority's been reached anyway.

I believe that I am the person that you are referring to as "Yoda."

To answer your questions.

Excuse me, but why did you cite me as saying that statement? I never said that...

Well since a majority has been reached then I guess I'll say goodbye to Shadell. I'm still not convinced of her guilt and I wish we had waited until tomorrow, but I see what little choice we had given the possibility that Shadell might have been the cult leader to begin with. Statements like "I assure you the cult exists" can be true, but the best lies have truth in them. I do not think Shadell is scum; as she said herself, wouldn't a scumbag kill the investigator and hider and be done with it, rather than create this entire mess?

Heather brought a good point up earlier, as well. Doesn't it seem strange to anyone that we have so many ways of confirming townies? Was it something like two cops, plus Shadell's claimed psychiatrist role, plus a jailkeeper as well as several watchers/voyeurs? Something isn't right here.

I'll pass today without voting, but I do have my own suspicions about certain people. Dave, for one, has been acting a bit weird. His behavior smells fishy to me, and there's something that was brought up in private that I'll share if it's relevant tomorrow. I don't want to give out potentially dangerous information unnecessarily. Katie has also pinged my radar for her behavior. This isn't much to go on, but we'll see what the night brings.

Excuse me, but why did you cite me as saying that statement? I never said that...

Opps, sorry about that. When I was quoting Dave, I must have deleted his quote marks and replaced it with yours since he quoted you in his statement. I'm really sorry about that.

Just an FYI for all of you, I was attempting to quote Dave, not Mike.

Statements like "I assure you the cult exists" can be true, but the best lies have truth in them.

Perhaps the scum that we're hunting is, in fact, a cult of some sort. That would be possible, but in that case, I wouldn't believe for a second that anyone would have the ability to single-handedly kill them all with one blow.

As for the bulletproof vests, to our knowledge at this point, they were only handed out to people who forgot their lunch. Which means that we have just Shadell and Oscar who ought to have them.

Instead of taking his case to us here, Shadell is working on the Governor in private. How's that for Scummy? Or at least anti-Town?

Actually, quite the opposite. The governor, or a representative of the governor, I have no means of determining that, approached me. We had a short discussion and I went to bed. I answered every question you asked in private and repeated it all here. In many cases, over and over, like I was trying to explain something to a preschooler who just couldn't grasp it.

Defensive? You told me in pm that you were shocked at how calm and non-defensive I had been, now you claim the opposite here. I think you may have even said it previously during the day, but let's face it, you said so much and contradicted yourself so many times, I can't really be expected to keep track of that. Or care, to be honest. The town will care, that's what matters.

As for voting for you, what would the sense have ever been? Unlike you, I don't think killing people is a particularly great test, especially if they might have a powerful town role. Your vest confirms you have something, my test would have cleared up just who your powerful role is benefiting, but you were too afraid to allow it. It's up to the town to save itself now, I've done all I can.

Let's make this official, I wouldn't want a penalty tomorrow. Oh, right. :laugh:

Vote: Shadell (Shadows)

Honestly, I don't do anything. I'm bulletproof vanilla Town.

Contradicting? I think I've been pretty steady on course. If things I'm saying are different now then they were before it's because we've learned more.

In earlier days I laid out some suspicions against you which you took very calmly. You've been defensive since you brought this Cult story forward and I've told you I don't believe it. No contradiction. Two different things.

Honestly, I don't do anything. I'm bulletproof vanilla Town.

Well, we both know that's a lie, no one creates a bulletproof vanilla townie.

Contradicting? I think I've been pretty steady on course. If things I'm saying are different now then they were before it's because we've learned more.

In earlier days I laid out some suspicions against you which you took very calmly. You've been defensive since you brought this Cult story forward and I've told you I don't believe it. No contradiction. Two different things.

You laid out suspicions before it was even possible to have any and they never amounted to anything more than metagaming, you had to even admit that yourself. Why wouldn't I take such silliness calmly?

The cult situation wasn't meant to be revealed when it was, it only causes confusion for the town. I hoped to deal with it quietly to avoid that, but the lunch discussion led to questions I couldn't answer otherwise. That's just unfortunate.

Contradictions, however... You don't believe in the cult, you're just deathly afraid they'll convert you if I survive the day and have a chance to investigate you. You're right, no contradiction there at all. I'm not wasting time finding all of the others, especially since some were said in PM and then contradicted here. There's just no point in that. The morning will speak for itself. I will not come back as the cult leader and Matilda will be scum as I said. You, on the other hand, will still be just as likely scum or cult because the town is being denied the chance to test that.

And that is that. Have fun for the next however many wasted hours. You rejoiced at the 72 hour day change, now you can sit and wait for it. :laugh:

Well, we both know that's a lie, no one creates a bulletproof vanilla townie.

I'm not lying. That's what God created. I'm a bulletproof Vanilla Townie.

You, on the other hand, will still be just as likely scum or cult because the town is being denied the chance to test that.

If you come up as Town, which I doubt, they'll test your theory by lynching me.

Sorry by the way, that I assumed you contacted the Governor. It sounded to me like you did, but he just said that you two talked. :thumbup:

Well, all very confusing. Shadell has a weird role claim and a fine megablocks, I do hope she isn't a townie since it seems like she's on the way out. Neigh!

Could Shadell have been an FBI agent? Oh my.

Anyways, since there is a majority I will refrain from placing a vote I think. While I do think the story is very convoluted and twisted, I am not fully convinced that Shadell is scum. I find it doubtful that she could possibly be on the same side as Matilda, and assuming the day investigator is indeed what he or she claims, Matilda should be scum. If anything I would have preferred to wait a day to test such a powerful claim, but no matter. I just hope we have a plan to deal with the cult if one does turn out to exist. :look:

Neigh, want one last ride around the paddock Shadell?

If anything I would have preferred to wait a day to test such a powerful claim, but no matter. I just hope we have a plan to deal with the cult if one does turn out to exist. :look:

It kind of figures it would take a horse to have any sense around here.

Neigh, want one last ride around the paddock Shadell?

I'm not sure my heart would be in it. Maybe we could just go back to your stables and I'll give you a long, hard massage and then hide some sugar cubes. :wink:

Honestly, all the moving around gets so tiring, I really would like to settle down in one place sometime.

I'll pass today without voting, but I do have my own suspicions about certain people. Dave, for one, has been acting a bit weird. His behavior smells fishy to me, and there's something that was brought up in private that I'll share if it's relevant tomorrow. I don't want to give out potentially dangerous information unnecessarily. Katie has also pinged my radar for her behavior. This isn't much to go on, but we'll see what the night brings.

Not voting results in a 2 vote penalty. Just so you know...

A Tale of Two Siblings

Scene 1 - Day One...or Two :wacko:

Daisy: Someone out there is looking for a brother! Contact me. I can help you find each other. Perhaps something good happens when you find each other

Scene 2 - Day Three

Statler: Hi Oscar.

Oscar: Oh, I'm in this one? I don't have any siblings.

Statler: But you only know your perspective and that's the odd thing. You can't re-write what I'm about to tell you as a scene because you weren't there.

Oscar: Gotcha.

Statler: So, Daisy mentioned to Dr. Teeth that I need to find my brother and He came running to me all excited that he was my sister, because apparently he's looking for his sister. So, I think there are two sets of siblings. If you kill Dr. Teeth his sister will die too.

Freakin's cults and siblings and bla-di-bla! :wall: Statler has been pinging people's Scumdar for a while and now this nonsense about siblings. I've spoken with him a lot today but it's mostly been about someone's lunch. We all know lunch would be a great thing for Scum to hide behind. We need to figure out if these siblings mean anything or are even real.

• So, why did Statler mention killing Dr. Teeth? Had anyone mentioned killing Dr. Teeth to him? Seems pre-emptive. I'll check in on that one.
  • If Statler needs to find his brother and Dr. Teeth needs to find her sister, then are there two sets of siblings out there as well? More ways for Townies to verify each other? Over-powered Town much? Something's amiss...
  • If Daisy announced someone needed to find their brother, why did Dr. Teeth just now come up with needing to find her sister?
  • If Dr. Teeth is lying, why would she say she was looking for a sister, when people have clearly said brother?

It should be noted that Statler and Dr. Teeth have both been pinging people's Scumdars, pretty much since the beginning.

Summary for play-haters

1. Daisy announces someone needs to find their brother.
  2. Daisy repeats this info in private to Dr. Teeth a day or two later, naming Statler as the muppet looking for his brother.
  3. Dr. Teeth contacts Statler and says he is Statler's sister.
  4. Statler contacts Oscar to let him know how weird this is of Dr. Teeth, mentioning that if Dr. Teeth is killed, her sister will be killed too.

Update: I re-read what Statler said and I see now why he mentioned Dr. Teeth and her sibling both dying. It makes sense.

Update: Dr. Teeth claims he meant that Daisy told him by posting the first time that someone was looking for a sibling. Dr. Teeth says he learned Statler was looking for his brother by re-reading Days One and Two.

So, how did you know it was Statler, if his name is never mentioned by Daisy in those posts?

Scum.

Update: Dr. Teeth claims he meant that Daisy told him by posting the first time that someone was looking for a sibling. Dr. Teeth says he learned Statler was looking for his brother by re-reading Days One and Two.

So, how did you know it was Statler, if his name is never mentioned by Daisy in those posts?

Scum.

Ahahaha :rofl: This is golden. :cry_happy:

Theory: There aren't actually any siblings; Dr. Teeth and Statler are scumbuddies who made up the story to try to get confirmed as town. Looks like they blew that, though. :grin: Oink oink, piggies! :tongue:

Theory: Two horses are killed. That is because there are two Scum factions. The Scum factions need to find each other in order to kill. The teams have investigators to find each other at night. That is why Shadell can investigate and why she wants to find the day killer.

Theory 2: Two horses are killed. That is because there are two Scum factions. The Scum factions need to kill each other off as well as the Town. The teams have investigators to find each other at night. That is why Shadell can investigate and why she wants to find the day killer and why she has no problem helping to turn Matilda in.

It may sound crazy, but not as crazy as a freakin' Cult...

This is brilliant. Who is Statler? I think we should lynch him instead of Shadell.

:hmpf: I don't think that's a good idea. So, I will not be revealing Statler until tomorrow as I think we should stay the course...

This is brilliant. Who is Statler? I think we should lynch him instead of Shadell.

Wait wait wait. How do you think Statler is more suspicious than Dr. Teeth?

Wait wait wait. How do you think Statler is more suspicious than Dr. Teeth?

Good point. I missed that. The story is about Dr. Teeth lying...

Good point. I missed that. The story is about Dr. Teeth lying...

If Dr. Teeth turns out Scum, Sara, you are so scum too.

If Dr. Teeth turns out Scum, Sara, you are so scum too.

As soom as a scenario/play is made, Sara is always the first to ask "Who's who, give us names! we must lynch person X"

In my Yoda scenario yesterday she was very keen on identifying Yoda (who was subsequently cleared)

Ramble warning:

Another point I've thought of:

When I host Matilda Dreams, I always laugh when the Scum is running some gambit and saying "I know this sounds crazy, but it's God who is the crazy one!". I always have to sit back and think "I wish I could tell them all now that I'm not crazy. And that it sounds crazy because it's a huge lie coming from Scum."

Granted, I've said to people in private that if there is a Cult, then God is crazy. But, my point is that people should be able to defend their roles on the merit of their roles and not have to blame any complexity on God. Leave God out of it and save your commentary for the structure of life for Judgement Day. People whose private defense has been "I don't know. God is a little nuts." or "God's a noob and she's trying too hard to be complicated" should cut the crap. In remembering hosting other Matilda Dreams, this all came to me. I'll trust God to be running an uncomplicated life until I see evidence to the contrary. Yes, lunches are a new thing, but that doesn't mean there is a Cult, too. If we're supposed to believe some of this crap just because God is a noob host then that's not good reasoning we should be following. God is a noob is not a logical argument!

Just in case anybody else has someone whispering God noob lies in their ears. That's my two cents, which I shall now eat. :drool: Nom nom nom, pennies!

/Ramble

I just like knowing things. If we have a possible or likely scum, wouldn't it make sense to get their name out there?