Sign in to follow this  
Jipay

Tag Discussions

Country flags are awarded to Fellows and Staff. To be fair, the Ranks pinned topic doesn't state this.

I'll move this to Website & Forums.

Hello all, Especially staff, whom this is directed to, I have 2 quick questions.

1) Is there a way to tell what the various tags mean under the usernames? The ones with text are fairly obvious i.e "moc expert" but some I can't even figure out what they possibly mean i.e bucket.gif. I'm asking on sheer curiosity not looking for any for myself.

2) I seem to remember that in the profiles you were able to see your posts per day, but I can't seem to find it since the update. Is it gone or can I just not find it?

1) Is there a way to tell what the various tags mean under the usernames? The ones with text are fairly obvious i.e "moc expert" but some I can't even figure out what they possibly mean i.e bucket.gif . I'm asking on sheer curiosity not looking for any for myself.

The fun of some tags is that no one knows exactly what they mean. :grin:

2) I seem to remember that in the profiles you were able to see your posts per day, but I can't seem to find it since the update. Is it gone or can I just not find it?

That seems to be gone after the upgrade of the forum software, but it shouldn't be to difficult to calculate manually if you're really interested.

1) Is there a way to tell what the various tags mean under the usernames? The ones with text are fairly obvious i.e "moc expert" but some I can't even figure out what they possibly mean i.e . I'm asking on sheer curiosity not looking for any for myself.

The fun of some tags is that no one knows exactly what they mean. :grin:

Funny, I wanted to ask that all the time as well. So, okay, if it is intended that nobody knows what the tags mean... Otherwise I had suggested to implement a tooltip or something (title attribute for the images).

Funny, I wanted to ask that all the time as well. So, okay, if it is intended that nobody knows what the tags mean... Otherwise I had suggested to implement a tooltip or something (title attribute for the images).

That's what I was thinking hover over the tag and see what its for.

Along with that, one of the tricky things would be remembering what some of the tags were originally given for. I'm sure some are older and not every staff member will remember every tag or title they have given.

It would be interesting to know what each is for, but I also like the mystery of it all. I just randomly received a title and that made my day/month/and year!

Can someone point me in the direction where I might find the meanings of the icons various people have by their names?

<---------------the ones over here below the info.

Thanks.

You have two flag looking things.... I found the post where it says what they are.... But I can't find anywhere that says what they actually mean.

Yeah, that's the spot I found... But the section down a bit says.... "These are special tags" but doesn't go on the say what they mean. Was just curious if there was another spot with more info on them. I do see that some of them are listed there though.

Can someone point me in the direction where I might find the meanings of the icons various people have by their names?

<---------------the ones over here below the info.

Thanks.

Topic moved and merged into this existing discussion.

WhiteFang

Yeah, that's the spot I found... But the section down a bit says.... "These are special tags" but doesn't go on the say what they mean. Was just curious if there was another spot with more info on them. I do see that some of them are listed there though.

Not really. Some are self explained, like my country flag and others are awards from contests and the like. Some are little mysteries, because that is much more fun :wink:

His pirate skull flag is for his participation in the classic-pirates.com blog.

His bluecoat flag might have something to do with the bluecoats, search the pirate forum and you'll probably figure it out :wink:

Would I have to ask someone about making a tag? Or is there a way to do it on you'r own? Not for myself, I was thinking about having like a little tournament thing with a tag as the prize.

Would I have to ask someone about making a tag? Or is there a way to do it on you'r own? Not for myself, I was thinking about having like a little tournament thing with a tag as the prize.

All contests* have to be approved by EB's staff first, so you should first contact a moderator of the theme forum appropriate for the event you want to hold. If you're allowed to go ahead with holding the event and offering tags as a prize, then I'm sure that moderator will be able to either help you create the tag(s) or find another staff member who can.

*tournaments, MOC-offs, buildoffs, etc.

I had always wandered the same. What the majority, that aren't listed in the site guidelines, represent.

So, if I figured this correctly: Big Cam is a Review teacher of Star Wars, who owns a motorcycle gang, that came in first place, in a sword/saber fight, against some knights, with drunken, invisible, robots from the U.S?.. freakin' schweet!

Probably need to do some more searching :classic:

I had always wandered the same. What the majority, that aren't listed in the site guidelines, represent.

So, if I figured this correctly: Big Cam is a Review teacher of Star Wars, who owns a motorcycle gang, that came in first place, in a sword/saber fight, against some knights, with drunken, invisible, robots from the U.S?.. freakin' schweet!

Probably need to do some more searching :classic:

No you nailed it, except I also crochet.

Please read the FAQ I linked you to earlier today. A little more effort on your behalf is expected before you ask a question.

Thanks.