lightningtiger

New Mannum 2012

That looks really good! I love the full layout....

May I suggest a "cheap" but easy way to add to your town, maybe pop in a parking meter and double the street size, so there is on street parking?

Just a thought?

You could also get away with doing a Light Rail, rather than train station. We have LRT in Calgary, and it is pretty ugly in some parts (where i live) but it's in the middle of the road? I'll try to get a picture to put here to give you an example.

http://www.lightrailnow.org/images02/cal-lrt-marlboroughstn-crowd-median-expwy-trf-20040511_jon-bell.jpg

Keep up the good work...Wish i could get back to building....just moved to Calgary for college, and all my LEGO is in Scotland still...I only have few PAB cups to tide me over......so sad...

Oh, small towns in Oz don't use parking meters and off street parking......no room for that as this is a railway town display......roll on Railshow 2013 ! :grin:

Lightningtiger

When I suggested the motel a while back I was not thinking of a pub but now i get it. Your railway workers must of spent a lot of time in them to get that name.

Kind of like how brothels in the US are associated with red lights. The workers would leave their lanterns out front so the runners would know where they were.

Bill

Lightningtiger

When I suggested the motel a while back I was not thinking of a pub but now i get it. Your railway workers must of spent a lot of time in them to get that name.

Kind of like how brothels in the US are associated with red lights. The workers would leave their lanterns out front so the runners would know where they were.

Bill

Thanks Bill, yeah I don't Lego would like it if I put one of those in my town.......kids at the train show will ask 'Dad, what's that ?'......oh, the answers would be a laugh I guess ! :laugh:

I told you I might be planning something else.....only this morning start work on a small depot office pay point and fuel bowser for a of course a fuel depot to sit next to the train line curving around it's side.

As soon as I have the basic structure and bowser done.....I shall post progress images.

Keep watching ! :wink:

Edit.....basics are now done.....

000000_fuel_depot_99.jpg

More to come of course.

Edited by lightningtiger

Well we're back in this topic now.....

000000_new_mannum_75.jpg

Sadly due to the fact that I have now run of money, yes totally broke :sadnew: so I had to redesign and relocation pieces.....I must scrape together parts for road construction signs and some extra greenery. Hopefully shortly I can buy the rest of the train track I need to complete my circuit.

Keep watching anyway..... :sadnew:

I'm a big fan of that flatbed too (and all your vehicles actually!)Too bad to hear about your money situation, I've been there myself, but it still looks great. Sucks that Lego can be such an expensive hobby. Sometimes I think we,AFOLS, collect classic cars or art based on the money I spend at least

....only this morning start work on a small depot office pay point and fuel bowser for a of course a fuel depot to sit next to the train line curving around it's side.

I somehow managed to completely miss this one. It is really cute!

The Elders next to the Holden dealer works really well, too.

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone, a great pick-me-up is positive feedback.

I seem to build small trucks and shops/offices with ease.......other things so-so.....I'll be working on the greenery that will go across the road for the pub entrance....so keep watching ! :classic:

Hey tiger, what about some red hydrants? (I hope the word is right, you know, red metallic ''pipes'' for water near the road)

Hey tiger, what about some red hydrants? (I hope the word is right, you know, red metallic ''pipes'' for water near the road)

Thanks for the suggestion.....we dont use many above ground hydrants.....they hide under man-hole covers in the road, but do have small white posts with a red cap on top called a fire plug.

Hey lightningtiger :) amazing work! I love the scale of your designs and how they not only embrace a sense of realism, but also capture the qualities of the classic town sets of the 80s. Your posts are filling my wee head with so many MOC n MOD ideas for when I tackle my collection.

Hey lightningtiger :) amazing work! I love the scale of your designs and how they not only embrace a sense of realism, but also capture the qualities of the classic town sets of the 80s. Your posts are filling my wee head with so many MOC n MOD ideas for when I tackle my collection.

Thanks 'gazumpty' for your kind comments.....so perhaps you could build a Scottish village....pub, shop, post office, houses. :wink:

I'm planning some more vehicles plus more people shortly.....keep watching ! :classic:

.so perhaps you could build a Scottish village....pub, shop, post office, houses. :wink:

Indeed....the priority buildings for a 'Scottish' village would have the pub, chip shop etc ....long before the fire and police department. Sorry Lego but I need less of those sets :tongue:

Do what I did turn those fire and police sets into other things.....that's what I did with this town.....well some of the buildings.

Anyway, I'll have fresh shots of the whole street laid out tomorrow....you'll have to pardon the home decor in the background (I'll say sorry for that now, oh...yeah it might be picture heavy too :wink: )

Update tomorrow....keep watching ! :wink:

Hehe...don't worry, we architect's don't judge how people style their homes :tongue:

But yeah, what about normal people ? :laugh:

I forgot to write that I'm planning a breakdown/roadside assistance van in the next few days.....must find plenty of yellow. :wink:

weblarge_Patrol_Hero.jpeg

Something like the van pictured above......so keep watching everyone ! :classic:

It's good to see some progress for your town.

Heres another idea for your town,.... a radio station. :classic:

Just remember to pick good DJ's ...... :look:

Thanks for the seconder for radio station....but I have to stop building structures for the short term because I forgot track.....yes, train track - which I don't have enough of......because of my cash flow problems I had to cancel my train set for the second year running.....yep, it's a sad Christmas for the tiger. :cry_sad:

because of my cash flow problems...

Those 8x16 plates add up, don't they? :tongue::classic:

Thanks for the seconder for radio station...

For a radio station, I was thinking back to one like in the movie "O Brother, Where art Thou?", it was very small and on the edge of nowhere. :classic:

You're right small radio station's out in the middle of nowhere could be found in the Australian outback say 70 years ago but now days major country towns as they must contain both an AM and FM station.......AM for talk, news and classic pop/country of the 60's to the 80's and an FM station for top 40 and modern country music.

I should get a start on those vehicles today too.....oop's I forgot the photo update.....keep watching ! :wink:

I promised a photo update of the whole town I have built so far.....

000000_new_mannum_55.jpg

000000_new_mannum_56.jpg

000000_new_mannum_57.jpg

000000_new_mannum_58.jpg

000000_new_mannum_59.jpg

000000_new_mannum_60.jpg

000000_new_mannum_61.jpg

More to come.....though not sure what yet due to cash flow problems still continue today.... :cry_sad:

It does look very nice all lined up like that. Just a few more cars and people and you're there, I think!

Thanks 'Kristel', you're right more people and more vehicles.....a goal for the next two months......so this ain't over yet. :wink:

I changed the roof on the council office this afternoon......this planning more stuff even it's tiny bits of trim......keep watching ! :wink: