LegoFan03

Next Modular Building?

The rumor about a theatre/cinema looks weird for me, I don't thing such a building can fit the current modular street. Every box have a picture of the view vith previous modular.

Can really a cinema be set just next the 1891 old style town hall ?

Here are a few good examples of how it could look from CuuSoo (note these are private peoples MOC's, but give a good general feel)

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6621

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/10585

As far as sitting next to or near the Town Hall. This was quite common in 1930's to 1950's American small town Main Streets. Probably the best example you would know of would be the Back to the Future movies. There is a movie theater near the Town Hall / Clocktower in 3 of the 4 time periods seen on screen.

(Oh and you are partially correct. There is a Spiderman Daily Bugle Building set coming out over in the Marvel Superheroes line :grin: )

Those are good ideas and all, but then you get collectors like myself that would not be able to budget for a 2nd modular every year. One is hard enough to get with all these other themes I buy. Obviously for Modular only people they would want more, but I agree that LEGO is there to be built however you please. Time to create your own modulars methinks.

I do make my own modulars. But, still, there is so much talent out there in the AFOL world that Lego could make a contest to see who could make the most of an $80 modular set. We could vote on it, too. I think it would be fun and it might even get more people in Lego.

i hope it's not like that, for some reason i dont like that one.

I'm not taken by that one either. The details are nice - with all due respect to the builder, it's great as a MOC - but the shape is too similar to Modulars of the past...namely the GE (which I own already) and CC. I'm just not overly keen on the idea of lots of corner buildings, because it gives fewer options for placement in a layout. It's dependent on how you're displaying it I guess, but I'm personally going for a shopping street type of setup. If I had one more corner-type building I'd like to build some that fit in between the road ends!

There are a lot of great MOCs out there, but I doubt the official model would just randomly be on some other forum for people to see. That was a decent looking MOC, but I wouldn't buy that set. White may be a more realistic color to build in, but I don't see TLG doing a white Modular. They usually like to use rarer colors or pieces in colors that weren't available before, plus incorporating new build techniques. Just look at all of them before. Dark red roofing, sand green, sand blue, dark orange, medium blue. I just don't picture white being used. It isn't that white wouldn't make a neat building, it's just the plain-ness of it.

I don't mind the idea of another corner building, but we've had 2 already. I don't know if we need another one just yet. But either way, if the set is done right, I will buy it. I do like more fill-in buildings that aren't corners though. I guess short of having one block with two corners and then starting a new corner across the street from another corner could work, depending on your layout. Not a lot of people have that much space though.

I don't mind the idea of another corner building, but we've had 2 already. I don't know if we need another one just yet. But either way, if the set is done right, I will buy it. I do like more fill-in buildings that aren't corners though. I guess short of having one block with two corners and then starting a new corner across the street from another corner could work, depending on your layout. Not a lot of people have that much space though.

While it's nothing official as far as I know, the pattern does speak for itself. We have Cafe Corner(corner building)-Green Grocer-Fire Brigade-Grand Emporium(corner building)-Pet Shop-Town Hall. Just going by that, the next one should be a corner. Agan, I haven't heard any word of this pattern from TLG, but it seems likely.

While it's nothing official as far as I know, the pattern does speak for itself. We have Cafe Corner(corner building)-Green Grocer-Fire Brigade-Grand Emporium(corner building)-Pet Shop-Town Hall. Just going by that, the next one should be a corner.

I could be dead wrong, but I don't think we can really say that there is any pattern yet. In order for a pattern to appear, you have to have, at the very least, one repetitive sequence. We haven't had that yet. We have had corner, normal x2, corner, normal x? (we can't say two yet because we don't know what the next one is). We simply do not have a pattern yet so the pattern can't speak for itself. For all we know, the pattern could be corner, normal x2, corner, normal x3, corner, normal x4, etc. (that would definitely be a pattern) Anyway, not that it is a big deal - I just don't see a pattern yet - only a potential pattern, especially if this next one is a corner. Then again, as a guy with a math degree, maybe I am just looking at this all too literal. I digress. Moving on...

Well, since the third official modular (the FB), the back of the instructions always showed the last three modulars in groups of three, and this always included a corner building. So with the new Cinema and the two most recent modulars (both straight), it would break the pattern if the Cinema was not a corner. Still, we can't be 100% sure if LEGO sticks to that pattern...

Maybe we will get a building and a half. Perhaps 3 x 16x32 baseplates. The petshop mixed things up a bit by halfing the traditional square. We have just had a very tall building in the town hall. Maybe it'll be wider this time round?

I think it will remain on 32x32. Because of the modular idea.

The ideas are good though. Maybe I am wrong and you are right. :wink:

I could be dead wrong, but I don't think we can really say that there is any pattern yet. In order for a pattern to appear, you have to have, at the very least, one repetitive sequence. We haven't had that yet. We have had corner, normal x2, corner, normal x? (we can't say two yet because we don't know what the next one is). We simply do not have a pattern yet so the pattern can't speak for itself. For all we know, the pattern could be corner, normal x2, corner, normal x3, corner, normal x4, etc. (that would definitely be a pattern) Anyway, not that it is a big deal - I just don't see a pattern yet - only a potential pattern, especially if this next one is a corner. Then again, as a guy with a math degree, maybe I am just looking at this all too literal. I digress. Moving on...

Actually, the pattern did repeat(that being corner building, 2 straight). I'd say that justifies a pattern. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! :tongue:

Maybe we will get a building and a half. Perhaps 3 x 16x32 baseplates. The petshop mixed things up a bit by halfing the traditional square. We have just had a very tall building in the town hall. Maybe it'll be wider this time round?

It would be cool, but I highly doubt that palace cinema will be 3x16 wide. If any building should be extra wide, it would have been the town hall. I was a bit disappointed that TH was only 32. And as one of the MOC experts in here showed. Can't remember who. The TH looks really grand and awesome extra wide.

You can easily fit a cinema in 32.Therefore I don't think it'll be wider. Even though wide buildings suites any modular street.

Hey everyone! I've found something and I think it is it!

It is marked as lego creator expert .. and yes, it is a corner building!

8343312685_1656ea14d4.jpg

YES! that is next modular building !!

Lego-10232-Palace-Cinema-creator-expert-ibrickcity-8.jpg

Hey everyone! I've found something and I think it is it!

It is marked as lego creator expert .. and yes, it is a corner building!

YES! that is next modular building !!

No kidding!? :tongue: