CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

I called up my local TRU here in Ohio and asked if they had the sets in. "Oh, sure we do come on down and pick them up." Twenty minutes of frenzied driving in the rain later ans what do I find? Shelves void of any Lego Turtle goodness. I was less than politely informed that they would be in stores tomorrow. I don't do any shopping on Sunday so here's hoping that they will still be in stock Monday AND the $25 off $100 sale will still be going on. That's the only way I can justify paying TRU's inflated prices.

I called up my local TRU here in Ohio and asked if they had the sets in. "Oh, sure we do come on down and pick them up." Twenty minutes of frenzied driving in the rain later ans what do I find? Shelves void of any Lego Turtle goodness. I was less than politely informed that they would be in stores tomorrow. I don't do any shopping on Sunday so here's hoping that they will still be in stock Monday AND the $25 off $100 sale will still be going on. That's the only way I can justify paying TRU's inflated prices.

Usually TRU loves to put new products out after their BOGOs or anything like it. Unless someone is desperate in need for these sets, I wouldn't find much point in buying them from TRU right now. ($35 for Shredder's bike?!)

just2good, you should be renamed just2fast! Thanks for doing the video reviews, I am definetely going to pick up one of each set from shop@home. Oh and Michelangelo's weapon is the nun-chuck.

If anyone else is looking into buying the sets from TRU, they're doing a promotion with Wendy's. You get a $10 gift card if you spend $75 on toys. If anyone is interested here's the link to the info.

Edited by Donut

Just wait. You have to get like 40% off at ToysRus to get them for their actual price. It's not worth it people!

Online you get $25 off when you spend $100, plus if you have a rewards card you get 10% back after X-mas. That makes it a little better. Either way, I'm broke until the end of next week, so no TMNT sets for me right now.

Online you get $25 off when you spend $100, plus if you have a rewards card you get 10% back after X-mas. That makes it a little better. Either way, I'm broke until the end of next week, so no TMNT sets for me right now.

If i had the money, I would've definitely bought the Shellraiser as an ordinary purchase as opposed to a Christmas wish, even with the TRU markup. It's been one of my most anticipated sets, and I love the color scheme of the Shellraiser itself.

Those TRU prices are disgusting! I was considering them for about a second before I realized how completely insane it is, no offense just2good :grin:

Those TRU prices are disgusting! I was considering them for about a second before I realized how completely insane it is, no offense just2good :grin:

None taken. Those turtles figures and Shredder make up for it, and the other stuff is just extra awesomeness. :tongue:

Spotted the Turtle van, Shredder Bike, and Lab escape at my local store tonight. They scanned at the reported $17.99, $34.99, and $79.99. But, the had shelf tags for them that said $14.99, $27.99, and $69.99. They honored the shelf tags, plus they had the sale for $25 off a $100 purchase so my total for the 3 sets came out to be $93.25 after tax. The bad part, I was broke so I had to put them on layaway. It's going to be a long 5 days to payday.

Oh, and I forgot to ask this, but does anyone have any picture requests for me on the three TMNT sets I own? I'm not too busy today...

I'd love to see Shredder with a pair of "flesh" arms, if that's possible. His design on the show has his shoulders and biceps exposed, and I wonder if the "blade" piece will cover his forearms enough to create the same effect with all flesh colored arms.

I'd love to see Shredder with a pair of "flesh" arms, if that's possible. His design on the show has his shoulders and biceps exposed, and I wonder if the "blade" piece will cover his forearms enough to create the same effect with all flesh colored arms.

Sorry about the delay. Is this good? :classic:

8255731349_41ba239be5.jpg

Awesome! Thanks, J2G.

No prob. :classic:

What does Shredder look like without the mask?

8255731349_41ba239be5.jpg

Reminds me of Prince Zuko. :wink:

Saw all of these, minus the lair, at TRU. I just about fainted when I saw how much 79100 was. For example,

79100 Kraangs Lab Escape has 90 pieces and was $17.99(!!!!!) while The Hobbit 79000 Riddles for the Ring has 105 pieces and is $12.99. Are the specialty pieces really that big of a difference?! TRU is really making me sick with their price hikes. :sadnew:

Saw all of these, minus the lair, at TRU.

Even the Baxter set? That one wasn't at my location. It's not too bad with a $5 mark up...

Speaking of which, there's a good review of it on YouTube.

Even the Baxter set? That one wasn't at my location. It's not too bad with a $5 mark up...

Speaking of which, there's a good review of it on YouTube.

Ah, you caught me in a fib...I forgot to mention that one as well. So, the 4 smaller sets were at TRU(damn them to hell)

I'm really disappointed that the Baxter Stockman set is a TRU exclusive. There goes any chances of scoring it for cheap...

I'm really disappointed that the Baxter Stockman set is a TRU exclusive. There goes any chances of scoring it for cheap...

$45 isn't a bad price. Only $5 above the LEGO price point.

Got everything but the Sewer Lair this morning.

My in-store prices were not as badly marked up as the website. And I got 10% off by signing up for the TRU credit card. So yay.

(I've built the Kraang and the Stealth Shell sets so far...very cool)

Picked up my 3 sets on layaway, and bought the Fishface set at my local store. Also, Toys R us' website has Baxster's set instock and a free lego turtle poster promotion going on.

If Amazon is at all accurate, we seem to have some interesting prices here in the UK:

79100 Kraang Lab Escape £9.99 :thumbup: (Decent price for this)

79101 Shredder's Dragon Bike £24.99 :ugh: (Ridiculous price to pay for only 198 pieces)

79102 Stealth Shell in Pursuit £19.99 :angry: (Not much better pricing than 79101)

79103 Turtle Lair Attack £49.99 (Good price for this one)

79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase £59.99 (Expected value of a set this size)

Edited by Bounty Hunter Supreme