just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

Poped up for me (the same as above) today too. Didn't think of a screen shot until it was already too late...

Anyway, apparently TLG thinks that the Lions will apeal a lot to kids, since they're giving them the spotlight (at least as far as good guys goes). Funny, they seem to be the least favorites aroudn here!

Gotta love those swords. The fact they exist in gold and silver and you can fit a bar of any colour in them makes it even better.

I finally found a nice use for the tr purple bars I bought a few months ago :devil:

Edited by Shakar

Poped up for me (the same as above) today too. Didn't think of a screen shot until it was already too late...

Anyway, apparently TLG thinks that the Lions will apeal a lot to kids, since they're giving them the spotlight (at least as far as good guys goes). Funny, they seem to be the least favorites aroudn here!

I wouldn't be surprised if kids tend to think lions are awesome and heroic, since they have been the heraldic symbol of the heroic factions of LEGO Castle time and time again. To be honest I've got no problem with the lion faction, although I do have to admit that if it weren't for that faction fewer people would be drawing Thundercats comparisons.

I have seen one somewhat surprising complaint about the lion faction, but which makes a bit of sense when you think about it. A user on deviantART expressed that they weren't all that optimistic about the Chima TV series because the lion faction characters have printed mouths. And while this isn't a problem in set form, this user wished that the lion faction's mouths were molded so that they could be as expressive in the TV series as, say, Pythor was in the Ninjago TV series.

The site is gone. Tried both links and it goes to the Page Not Found page. :distressed:

But there was a new pop-up today:

-Sci

Works for me. I've still got to see a pop-up like that.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images

It also works for me (it didn't earlier this morning though), so maybe it was just a little bug. I haven't seen any Chima-related pop-ups though. :sceptic:

I just got that pop up while looking at the galaxy squad minisite. I was too slow to get a screencap.

So are these Flash pop ups or are they HTML? If they are HTML, it would be nice to get the PNGs or whatever file they are. If they are Flash, it could be nice to see the SWF to see exactly how high in resolution they get/are.

So are these Flash pop ups or are they HTML? If they are HTML, it would be nice to get the PNGs or whatever file they are. If they are Flash, it could be nice to see the SWF to see exactly how high in resolution they get/are.

I could be wrong, but they look like HTML to me.

-Gata signoff.png

Well, I've got to say that while they look less awesome than the Ninjago spinners, these bikes have better customization options.

I'm getting an extreme Thundercats vibe from this line.

Agreed. While it's not really doing it for me as an AFOL, I can respect just how wildly fun this theme will be for the target age group. I know I would have loved this to death in my younger years. It has a little of everything. I know what the nephews will be getting. :grin:

This reminds me a lot of Ninjago in that I don't really have all that much interest in the sets, but the minifigs are excellent.

The article referenced on Brickset seems intriguing. Does anyone know where to find the original article?

I'm curious why they've kept the Gorilla clan so quiet. Nothing to speak of in this initial wave, not even a Speedorz.

I'm curious why they've kept the Gorilla clan so quiet. Nothing to speak of in this initial wave, not even a Speedorz.

I'm guessing it's because it will be the major selling point of the Summer wave of sets. Each wave of sets have to have a major selling point it seems like.

I think the Crocodile book´s front page would look great as card art. It probably is card art.

The same thing happened this year in Ninjago with the Constrictai and Anacondrai tribes, and to a lesser extent the Venomari tribe (the Constrictai staff appeared in one of the early sets, but none of the actual characters did)

Part of it is just that we hardly have any story information yet. The story information for this year's Ninjago told us there would be five tribes, but you wouldn't know it from the first wave. In fact, we wouldn't have even known there would be four tribes at this point last year if it hadn't been for the collectible staffs (which there are no analogue to in Chima, with clans represented only by their characters and the vehicles those characters drive). Lego probably doesn't intend to keep the gorilla clan much of a secret, but they also want to have something new and different for the summer sets.

Don't forget about the Gorilla head on the floating Chima island. That image of the island is used quite a bit throughout the media we've seen. It shouldn't be much of a secret those who observe it.

Don't forget about the Gorilla head on the floating Chima island. That image of the island is used quite a bit throughout the media we've seen. It shouldn't be much of a secret those who observe it.

Yes, and in the 10 second Laval teaser video, it looks as if Laval is trying to get to that floating island. Possibly he knows of the gorillas and believes they are his best chance against the three evil tribes?

Normal sets:

70007 Eglor's Twin Bike

70008 Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

70009 Worriz's Combat Lair

70010 The Lion Chi Temple

70014 The Croc Swamp Hideout

Speedorz:

70107 Skunk Attack

70108 Royal Roost

70109 Whirling Vines

70110 Tower Target

70111 Swamp Jump

70112 Croc Jump

70114 Sky Joust

Ultrabuilds/Constraction Figures:

70200 Laval

70201 Eris

70202 Gorzan

70203 Cragger

70204 Worriz

70205 Razar

EDIT: I don't get why they're blue, could someone fix that, please?

-Sci

Edited by LuxorV
Fixed format.

Bunch of new Chima set names on Brickset:

http://brickset.com/...ch/?query=chima

-Sci

"Worriz's Combat Lair", "The Croc Swamp Hideout", and "The Lion CHI Temple" are exactly what I've been waiting for. And I'm guessing Gorzan is the head Gorilla.

Edited by just2good

It sounds like the 70100s are Speedorz and the 70200s are the constraction figures. The skunks one makes me think the characters get attacked by skunks in one episode, and this set is based off that.