Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

After her walk to the marketplace Nessa returns to the Great Hall. She was cold so she decided to search herself a warm place. On her way to the fireplace she casually had a look on the quest board. There it was again: that name - Stigveladi Kötturin. It was placed on a quest called "Sang Des Hommes". So she quickly decides to also to sign up for Quest #55. After that she goes to the warm and cosy place at the fire. Suddenly her breath rattled. "You there, DWARF!" she shouted. After all that time finally she found the thief of her precious. "Give me back what belongs to me!" If he wouldn't react Nessa made herself ready to reach her bow.

Edited by herrJJ

Alexander was going to the bar for a drink after sign-up when he sees the new upset elf apostrophize the scourbutic dwarf: "Ho, damn. They are going to make a fight." He rushes to the elf and the dwarf hoping to make them reason. "Thalion, can you help me with this upset elf??" in the meantime of rushing to the elf.

Amma wakes up from her doze as someone was shouting. At her. It was her. This stupid elven girl that had followed Amma all the way to Eubric. Even on her way over the Crystalline Sea she had followed her. Damn.

Stigveladi rises from her chair and straightens herself, trying to make herself a bit larger than she really was.

"WHAT do you want stupid elf? Why are you stalking me since months? Speak now or you will see how I have learnt to control the elements!"

At the mention of his name, Thalion turns to see the commotion and quickly rushes to help Alexander.

Looking at Alexander he asked, "What is going on here?" Even before he could hear the answer, he put his hand on Nessa's shoulder and whispered "Anase re..."

He then turned to the dwarf, "Excuse me good sir dwarf, why is my kinsman yelling at you?"

Anase re - calm yourself

Edited by -obelix-

"Thank you a lot Thalion for stopping this upset elf." To the two contenders Alexander says: "Can we reason, or should we go straight to the hands?? Firstly, you elf, if we know your name it simplify things, secondly, can you tell we the whole story behind this??? You scorbutic dwarf, can you give us, civilly, your side of the story?"

"Ah, I see, you need help from other Elves... I knew that it was not a good idea to stay here while there are so many Elves."

Pointing at the dwarf Nessa told the other elves - as she could remember their names were Thalion and Alexander - what has happened: "My name is Nessa Anárion. And this dwarf stole my Opal. I mentioned it when I came here - when nobody was listening... It is the last keepsake of my family. I have nothing more than this gem on top of that dwarfs wand. It is mine, and I must have it back. I will get it by any costs!"

Edited by herrJJ

"Ok, you helf have made your point of view; however I know what you said before. You dwarf, you haven't said anything relevant. Maybe you're guilty."

OOC: I'm having fun arguing with you :grin:

Thalion bows, "It is nice to meet you mistress Nessa, my name is Thalion. Please calm yourself, we will see whats what in a bit..."

Turning to the dwarf he continued, "You have no reason to fear from me master dwarf, I am not looking for a fight, simply to sort out this mess you seem to be involved with. Now, as Alexander already said, can you give us your side of the story!?"

"Ok, you helf have made your point of view; however I know what you said before. You dwarf, you haven't said anything relevant. Maybe you're guilty."

"Master Alexander, don't be hasty; give this dwarf a chance to explain his actions..."

Edited by -obelix-

"Thank you a lot Thalion for stopping this upset elf." To the two contenders Alexander says: "Can we reason, or should we go straight to the hands?? Firstly, you elf, if we know your name it simplify things, secondly, can you tell we the whole story behind this??? You scorbutic dwarf, can you give us, civilly, your side of the story?"

When the memories returned Nessa didn't realize her surrounding. She went through all that horrible experiences again. She nearly lost her mind.

"Oh, em, excuse me for being so hasty. Happy to meet you Nessa and hope to became friends. I agree with Thalion, we aren't here to make a fight but to reason and come to a peacefull conclusion."

"You scorbutic dwarf, can you give us, civilly, your side of the story?"

"Why do you call me scorbutic? Is it as I have one or two warts? Do I not meet your beauty standard?"

Pointing at the dwarf Nessa told the other elves - as she could remember their names were Thalion and Alexander - what has happened: "My name is Nessa Anárion. And this dwarf stole my Opal. I mentioned it when I came here - when nobody was listening... It is the last keepsake of my family. I have nothing more than this gem on top of that dwarfs wand. It is mine, and I must have it back. I will get it by any costs!"

"She is lying! Obviously lying. I don't know her, I have never met her before. She has stalked me for weeks, for months eventually. I was on my way to Eubric, as I realized her. I tried to get rid of her, but obviously she has even followed me to this place."

Adressing the Elf the young and disoriented Elf:

"What do you want from me? Why do you make up this stupid story with your gem? This gem is mine. I found it deep inside of Mirnock, by hard work. Stop saying such dumb things at me."

Turning to the dwarf he continued, "You have no reason to fear from me master dwarf, I am not looking for a fight, simply to sort out this mess you seem to be involved with. Now, as Alexander already said, can you give us your side of the story!?"

"Master Alexander, don't be hasty; give this dwarf a chance to explain his actions..."

"Thanks, you at least seem to be a reasonable guy. Thanks for the heads up. But don't be too friendly to this elf. She might look friendly and young, but I fear she is evil as hell. Why did she follow me all this way long, only to accuse me with such silly things!"

"Oh, em, excuse me for being so hasty. Happy to meet you Nessa and hope to became friends. I agree with Thalion, we aren't here to make a fight but to reason and come to a peacefull conclusion."

"Now, all at once, you get nice and all?! I get the feeling that the three of you want to make common cause. Are you trying to steal my gem?"

When the memories returned Nessa didn't realize her surrounding. She went through all that horrible experiences again. She nearly lost her mind.

"What's this now. You become sooo sad and everything? What's wrong with you?"

It was too much. She searched a nearby place to sit down. Helpless, with all her anger, pain and thoughts of vengeance, she lowered her voice when she started to speak: "I lived with my family in the northern woods. We were living in a small settlement with some other elves. We separated from our clan quite a lot of time ago, my mother told me. I never knew why, but I never cared about it. She often told me about ancient times, when the elven clans were living united and in perfect harmony.

One day I was away from home gathering some fruit and mushroom. I was very excited; it was my first trip alone. On my way back home I had a strange feeling. I didn’t knew what it was but it made my mind shake."

She paused. All that memories returned to her mind. She had to swallow. The past was hard to describe. More to herself than the others around her, Nessa continued:"When I came near the houses I realized smoke rising through the treetops. I started to run home. As I arrived at our shelter I saw it; and it shocked me. Everything was burnt down. My father was dead; executed by a sword. Then I saw her. My mother was lying on the ground. She perceived me and her face lit up. “I’m glad to see you for my last sight. Don’t worry; we will go to the great halls of our ancestors. We will meet there; in peace and harmony.” I started to cry. “Hush, my little girl. You have to be strong now. Here, take this gem – and keep it in remembrance of your origin.” With her last breath she gave me the bijou. It was an Opal – and it became my precious."Her mind cleared up. With tears in her eyes she said: "This gem has been stolen; by this dwarf!"

"Thanks, you at least seem to be a reasonable guy. Thanks for the heads up. But don't be too friendly to this elf. She might look friendly and young, but I fear she is evil as hell. Why did she follow me all this way long, only to accuse me with such silly things!"

Thalion bows, "Thank you for the compliment, my name is Thalion Dwinlas, as you may have already heard... Would you care to give me your name?" After thinking for a moment, he continued, "Why did she follow you, give us the reason you think she did?"

"This gem has been stolen; by this dwarf!"

"You keep telling this story? I tell you: I haven't stolen your gem! How can I convince you?"

Thalion bows, "Thank you for the compliment, my name is Thalion Dwinlas, as you may have already heard... Would you care to give me your name?" After thinking for a moment, he continued, "Why did she follow you, give us the reason you think she did?"

"My name is Stigveladi Kötturin and I used to be a great leader of a wonderful dwarven village. I really have no clue why this annoying girl was following me. Why should I be able to tell you the reason?

Obviously she thinks I have stolen her gem or something. At least this is what she is trying us to believe. I tend to believe her not."

Edited by PsyKater

"Why do you call me scorbutic? Is it as I have one or two warts? Do I not meet your beauty standard?"

"It isn't for beauty. If you let me, you proved to be a little grumpy, in particularly with elf. "

To Nessa, Alexander speaks: "For the rest, I'm very sorry for what happened to you, Nessa, but I think you are wrong about this dwarf. She isn't the one who stole you gem."

"You keep telling this story? I tell you: I haven't stolen your gem! How can I convince you?"

"As Thalion said, can we know your name?? I personally find bad continuing apostrophe you as 'dwarf'. Nessa is very shocked and I think she need time to recover."

Edited by Wedge09

"She is lying! Obviously lying. I don't know her, I have never met her before. She has stalked me for weeks, for months eventually. I was on my way to Eubric, as I realized her. I tried to get rid of her, but obviously she has even followed me to this place."

Adressing the Elf the young and disoriented Elf:

"What do you want from me? Why do you make up this stupid story with your gem? This gem is mine. I found it deep inside of Mirnock, by hard work. Stop saying such dumb things at me."

"This can't be. It is an Opal. And you are a dwarf. One of those kind who steal other persons properties. OBVIOUSLY! You are a dwarf!" Nessa never had a good opinion about dwarfs. She had had to learn that everyone, even the little ones, are bad. "It must be you", Nessa insisted.

To Nessa, Alexander speaks: "For the rest, I'm very sorry for what happened to you, Nessa, but I think you are wrong about this dwarf. She isn't the one who stole you gem."

"But, but..." Nessa didn't know what to do. It must be hers. There could be no other possibility. Or was she wrong? Could it be, that dwarf was telling the truth? Doubts arose in Nessa.

"My name is Stigveladi Kötturin and I used to be a great leader of a wonderful dwarven village. I really have no clue why this annoying girl was following me. Why should I be able to tell you the reason?

Obviously she thinks I have stolen her gem or something. At least this is what she is trying us to believe. I tend to believe her not."

"I apologize and ask for your forgiveness, for addressing you in male gender mistress Stigveladi. I can understand your reluctance to give us any reasons for anything, you just got here, and people seem to treat you like you are on a trial. But theft IS a crime, if it happens, and that is what we are trying to find out.

Her story is but a version of the truth which can be distorted by pain of her loss, by her anger... That is why I am asking you for your version. Until I have more details, both stories have the benefit of the doubt from me... Now then, my first gem was given to me when I graduated from the Mage's Academy, how did you get yours?"

Edited by -obelix-

"This can't be. It is an Opal. And you are a dwarf. One of those kind who steal other persons properties. OBVIOUSLY! You are a dwarf!" Nessa never had a good opinion about dwarfs. She had had to learn that everyone, even the little ones, are bad. "It must be you", Nessa insisted.

"I have to say that there is always the exception to the rule and I think also that our grumpy dwarf under his armor is a good person. For your gem I can only say to hope to retrieve in the future."

To Thalion: "You are a perfect diplomat. I think without you I wouldn't have come to nothing. Thank you."

Edited by Wedge09

"It isn't for beauty. If you let me, you proved to be a little grumpy, in particularly with elf. "

"As Thalion said, can we know your name?? I personally find bad continuing apostrophe you as 'dwarf'. Nessa is very shocked and I think she need time to recover."

"Hmm.. you have large ears, why don't you listen then? I already told you my name. :sceptic: I am Stigveladi Kötturin. It'd be nice if you'd remember this name. I had nothing particular against elves until this one did not stop to hunt me. I did not know if I should be amused or scared at first. But I came to the conclusion that she has to have evil things in her mind."

"But, but..." Nessa didn't know what to do. It must be hers. There could be no other possibility. Or was she wrong? Could it be, that dwarf was telling the truth? Doubts arose in Nessa.

"Believe it. It's the truth."

"What's this now. You become sooo sad and everything? What's wrong with you?"

Did she hear kindness in that voice. Like a mother, like her mother - by a male dwarf? She wondered but also got calm a little bit.

"I apologize and ask for your forgiveness, for addressing you in male gender mistress Stigveladi. I can understand your reluctance to give us any reasons for anything, you just got here, and people seem to treat you like you are on a trial. But theft IS a crime, if it happens, and that is what we are trying to find out.

Her story is but a version of the truth which can be distorted by pain of her loss, by her anger... That is why I am asking you for your version. Until I have more details, both stories have the benefit of the doubt from me... Now then, my first gem was given to me when I graduated from the Mage's Academy, how did you get yours?"

"Oh, you can tell from my name only that I am not a man?" Amma was really a bit impressed. But to keep her mask up, she mutters: "What about looking in my face?"

"I have to say that there is always the exception to the rule and I think also that our grumpy dwarf under his armor is a good person. For your gem I can only say to hope to retrieve in the future."

"I AM a good person. Other than you, keeping to call me grumpy and things. You are not nice to a lady of my age."

update:

Did she hear kindness in that voice. Like a mother, like her mother - by a male dwarf? She wondered but also got calm a little bit.

Even though Amma had spit out the words before, she really got some feelings inside of her. She was still under the impression of her conversation with Ellaria. All this reminded her of her past. She used to be kind of a mother to all of her subjects, her fellow citizens as she used to call her village people.

But after the... After everything that happened, she had lost this spirit. She had never have such feelings again. Until now. In this place with all those Heroes, oozing from self-confidence. What was happening? Was all of this fate?

Edited by PsyKater

"Oh, you can tell from my name only that I am not a man?" Amma was really a bit impressed. But to keep her mask up, she mutters: "What about looking in my face?"

"Just by looking, I would have to say no. Truth be told, I haven't had any contact with the dwarves until coming to Heroica, but I have read a lot about your people, and most male names ended with -ar, -ur, -os, -em and such."

Edited by -obelix-

"So you mean this dwarf is not the thief? But I saw it. Let me tell you." With a trembling voice Nessa started to tell another part of her story.

"After all that has happened to my family I started wandering through the lands. Several decades later I still not knew where I should go. One night I was hiding in the forest. I had a terrifying dream – the same dream I had often since the day I lost my family. I woke up. I needed some time to realize where I was. Confused I was looking around and saw him; just a small shadow fading in the night. I didn’t recognize what this meant but soon I knew. When checking my equipment I was absolutely shocked. It was gone. My precious was gone - stolen!"

"That little man... I just thought, I mean... after I got on your trail. You look like that thief." Nessa was absolutely confused and look to Thalion and Alexander for help.

" Just ~a small shadow fading in the night~ is NOT enough to condemn someone for being a thief, and you should know that mistress Nessa. It could just as easily have been a halfling or some other person or a creature of small stature..." Thalion was starting to get impatient with Nessa's attitude. It was not common that such irrationality is shown among the elves, even in the most dire of situations. But he calmed down shortly. Judging by the looks, Nessa was still very young and didn't have the chance to learn to control her emotions especially after such great trauma. So, in a gentler voice he spoke to her, "I am not saying she is or isn't the one who took your gem, for that I do not know. And neither do you for certain. I am simply waiting for her explanation to make up my mind, and you should too. It is far to easy to pass a judgment on someone, and much harder to simply calm and listen to them. But you should still try..."

Edited by -obelix-