I found a job at my local LEGO store. :laugh:

That's cool, congratulations. :classic:

These seems as good a place as any to post this:

I was at the Toys R' Us in Clinton, Maryland today. They're selling Lego Games for 25% off. For whatever reason, Magikus was already marked down substantially, so I got it for $2.98. I bought two--one for spare parts, and one for my daughter, who loves games.

A few weeks ago, I found Lego Monster 4 for, believe it or not...$1.50. Again, I got two: it's got some awesome 2 x 2 grey tiles for sidewalks, and a load of minifigure heads (including skulls, werewolves, and pumpkins). And the game's not bad!

sold as a complete set. Bought off the bay.

Sellers are moving house and I'm guessing the wife wants to clean up.

sold as a complete set. Bought off the bay.

Sellers are moving house and I'm guessing the wife wants to clean up.

I assume it was this one?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10179-STAR-WARS-Ultimate-Collectors-Millenium-Falcon-LEGO-/271116582258?pt=AU_LEGO&hash=item3f1fcebd72

Don't know how I missed it, must have been a quick listing! Bargain of the year if it is legit.

One of my all-time BEST finds was at a local thrift store, there was one of those large blue tubs from 2003, but when I opened it up there was a TON of the old 3-digit classic town sets, classic castle and classic space. And what's even better, I got it all for only $20! :wub:

Lego store in ontario Ca had 8877 vladeks dark fortress for 50% off (damaged boxes) so I bought three, AND had lots of vip points so One was nearly free...

I remember scoring big in thrift shops as a kid. Now goodwill is pretty much the only thrift store and they put the lego up on their bidding site, not avail in store.

I have gotten alot of discounted damaged box sets at the lego store over the years... I discard the boxes anyway

I find it near impossible to find Lego at thrift stores. Or perhaps they've been snaffled up by staff before it hits the shelves?

Prior to Christmas, I saw the local TRU (Australia) do a 2 for $10 on the Star Wars Planet Set. I picked up two for fun and BOTH scanned for $3.50. They said it's a scan error but TRU would honor the price. I asked 'Can I get some more at this price?'.

'Sorry, no'.

Still a nice find.

I had a result last night, I saw an add on Gumtree for various sets advertised for £75. They were all mixed up in one box but all were complete and I knocked the seller down a bit to £70.

After a day of sorting and building, heres what I have-

002.jpg

Indiana Jones-

7682- Shanghai Chase

Star Wars-

10174 Imperial AT-ST UCS

7672 Rogue Shadow

7669 Anakins Jedi Starfighter

4488 Mini Millenium Falcon

7259 Arc Starfighter

7263 Tie Fighter

Toy Story-

7592 Construct -A-Buzz

Creator

5864 Helicopter

6741 Jet Plane

All with instructions and including minifigures too!

Found a complete Dark Side Developers Kit (Mindstorm) from 2000 in near-perfect box via local ad. $50.

Spent time tearing apart the already built AT-AT and sorting the parts. Built the Destroyer Droid. The motor/cpu works. All parts are in great condition.

Not bad for a 12 year old set.

I find it near impossible to find Lego at thrift stores. Or perhaps they've been snaffled up by staff before it hits the shelves?

Prior to Christmas, I saw the local TRU (Australia) do a 2 for $10 on the Star Wars Planet Set. I picked up two for fun and BOTH scanned for $3.50. They said it's a scan error but TRU would honor the price. I asked 'Can I get some more at this price?'.

'Sorry, no'.

Still a nice find.

Just got to keep looking. I don't find them often but occasionally I get lucky./

scored MISB 8068 for $20.

the lady who sold it said his son doesn't like it

DSC_0874.jpg

only flaw is punctured box at the rear :sweet:

DSC_0876.jpg

I posted this on a billion other places, but still, I found the best clearance ever today at a Target in Pembroke Pines, FL!!!

Orc Forge for $18!

Weathertop for $21!!!

Quinjet for $21!!!!!!!!!!

Also found the Uruk-Hai Amry for $21 a couple days ago at another Target.

Just received Hogwarts 5378 which I bought from a selling group online for £50 currently selling on bricklink for over £200. Not sure why it goes for so much but lucky me :-)

I volunteer at my chruch once a year, at a "free flee market" which people donate clothing, toys, and other stuff, which on the folowing saturday we give away, like a huge yard sale where everything is free. In exchange for my work I get first dibs. I occasonaly find LEGO.

Got a mindstorms rcx kit one year, then another the next year!

I volunteer at my chruch once a year, at a "free flee market" which people donate clothing, toys, and other stuff, which on the folowing saturday we give away, like a huge yard sale where everything is free. In exchange for my work I get first dibs. I occasonaly find LEGO.

Got a mindstorms rcx kit one year, then another the next year!

where is your church located? i can volunteer too! :laugh:

Technic

8275 - bulldozer

8274 - combine harvester

8285 - tow truck

dusty but all complete and all instruction books.

$120 AUD for the lot, found them on gumtree.

im stoked, i have been looking for a decent 8275 for a while and was looking at spending $250 - $300 just for that one so the 3 for $120 is a massive bargain... :sweet:

Got Star Wars:

7200 - Final Duel I

7201 - Final Duel II

7103 - Jedi Duel

All for about 12 euros :D

I've been to two Targets in Maryland, United States where I've found the Star Wars Advent Calendars at half price, $24.95 US. They turned up the day after Christmas at $34.95, which is cheaper than the original price, but still high. Yesterday, I finally found them at half price...although I noticed that the tape was loose. Sure enough, I looked inside and found that all the minifigures had been removed...

Today, I did find a store that had ONE intact set (I checked inside before I bought it). I bought the set the day after Christmas but haven't opened it, so I'm hoping they'll refund me the difference between the day-after clearance price and the new low price.

Nope, target doesn't match clearance prices. The only way you MIGHT be able to get the lower price is to return it and come back the next day and find it on the shelf again. But that's obviously hugely risky.

I just got really lucky: I bought a box with 4kg of technic for 65 euros shipped, because it looked like it had a bunch of the 8275 parts on the top, but I wasn't sure since the photo was really small and blurry.

After briefly looking though it it appears to contain only incomplete sets, but it includes the full PF for the bulldozer (2 XL, 2 M, 2 receivers, and remote), as well as the tracks and sprockets, and the pneumatic brackets. It also has the full pneumatic parts + wheels of the 8455 and 8462.

Nope, target doesn't match clearance prices. The only way you MIGHT be able to get the lower price is to return it and come back the next day and find it on the shelf again. But that's obviously hugely risky.

Thanks. Well, lucky me, I went back to the same Target and found additional SW Advent Calendars also at $24.95. I still need to return my one $34.95 one, but hey, that's a $20 savings for both combined. I also found the 2012 City Calendar at $20. I originally bought it for $27.95, so again, I can effectively get an $8 refund. I checked another Target on the way home and also found SEVERAL Star Wars and City calendars at that price.

At this point, I'm playing "How low can you go?" with these sets. They're sitting in the trunk of my car with the receipt. If Target pushes their remaining sets even lower, I'll swap out again. I'm skeptical that they'll go below 50%, though--I'm not sure I've ever seen Lego go lower than that Target.

I'm holding out hope, though. Last April, I got the 2011 City Calendar at a store at the West Annapolis Mall for $10 (already marked down to $20, and I had a 50% off coupon or something).

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur