I like that material handler. Great looking set with some nice functions. It doesn't surprise me that it has the option of being motorized. I'm curious to see how the claw opens/closes.

2013 is shaping up to be a good year for LEGO Technic.

It looks like the 'Power Puller' yellow 1x6 thin liftarms are back in the 42004 set. Bad news for the people trying to get $7/per on Bricklink and good news for us! :classic:

Actually, if you look at the 42004's Parts List on Page 66 of the B-Model PDF Instructions, there is no yellow 1x6 thin Technic Liftarm in that set. :sad: The yellow Bricklink 32063 part remains a rare item:

32063.gif

Edited by DLuders

Biggest shock: the db gray 3/4 pin now is tan!

Part count and instructions:

- 42002 Hover Craft - 170

A Model: http://cache.lego.co...ons/6033732.pdf

B Model: http://cache.lego.co...ons/6033735.pdf

- 42004 Mini Backhoe Loader - 246

A Model http://cache.lego.co...ons/6033738.pdf

B Model http://cache.lego.co...ons/6033743.pdf

- 42010 Off-Road Racer - 160

http://cache.lego.co...ons/6048634.pdf

- 42011 Race Car - 158

http://cache.lego.co...ons/6033748.pdf

That minifigure at the start of each book is so cute :grin_wub:

I like that material handler. Great looking set with some nice functions. It doesn't surprise me that it has the option of being motorized. I'm curious to see how the claw opens/closes.

Every set which uses linear actuators should have the option of motorization, and thankfully most do.

Oh you're right - I miss counted. It's just a lowly1x7 thin! Great, now they're going to see this and raise the price to $10! :blush:

LEGO seems to have some aversion to re-introducing this part. There is a spot in the dipper of the 8043 which really obviously should have been a 6L, but they used 7L instead (see below). The extra pin length is useless and just hangs inside the bracket. What makes this so odd is that this part is NOT out of production. It was in 8110 this year in LBG and in 8067 and 8109 in LBG and black respectively last year. Why not yellow, especially when yellow is otherwise so common?

8043-7l.jpg

It's obviously a conspiracy to keep the value up on BL for the 1x6 pieces. :laugh:

I'm with Blakbird - they could have used a 1x6 LBG thin there at the very least since it is still around and was also in the 2009 8258 if my memory serves me. But it would have been nice and a perfect opportunity to bring back the yellow ones.

Maybe it's because the B model needs 7L.

That was the first thing I checked, but it is not used in the B model either.

What makes this so odd is that this part is NOT out of production.

For Lego, a part still in production is not characterized by a shape but by a shape AND a color.

So, the part IS precisely out of production.

They used a 7L thin liftarm because it is in production since 2008. So, it makes things easier and cheaper in the production process, instead of reintroducing the yellow 6L thin liftarm.

Edited by Anio

For Lego, a part still in production is not characterized by a shape but by a shape AND a color.

So, the part IS precisely out of production.

They used a 7L thin liftarm because it is in production since 2008. So, it makes things easier and cheaper in the production process, instead of reintroducing the yellow 6L thin liftarm.

Definitely a valid point Anio, but the fact that the mold for 6L thin liftarms is still used (or can be used) in production makes a color choice more of a business decision then a business cost for TLG.

Sure we don't know if there were 2 million extra yellow 7L's sitting in the warehouse as a result of another business decision, thus making it a cost savings on the 8043, but as noted above, the repetition of simply not running certain colors again when the mold is still used to run other colors seems to be a strategic move.

On a similar note, I'm building the stock 8043 in red soon, after building the ultimate mod a while back, and BOTH the red 1x6 and 1x7 thin liftarms are rare. Red 1x6's were easier to stock up on, thanks to a US Bricklink seller who has over 2000 if I remember right. So its nice that either will work, even more so that 1x6 "should have been" used on the production 8043 :wink:

Guys any news on 2h2013 or have I missed something? We normally know by now!

Yes, it will be something with wheels :tongue:

No, there is no news yet. There was a little dicussion about it here.

Yes, it will be something with wheels

And HOG steering :wacko: ...

(I hate its massive use and I'd like to see more of traditional steering, maybe is the tenth or eleventh time or so I say it here :grin: )

An F1 car with treaded tyres..whos idear was that.. :look:

The Lego group's,probably the same builder that fitted the motor in the 9395 pick-up. :grin:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

The Lego group's,probably the same builder that fitted the motor in the 9395 pick-up. :grin:

I haven't got the 9395, but from what I can tell on the building instructions, the motor seems to fit easily?

I don't believe I have seen a Lego F1 car with slicks like, ever :P

(maybe in $3 promo sets though)

Also, the audience won't even notice. In fact, I didn't even think about it ever before...

Actually, slicks were banned in F1 from 1997-2009, so when these LEGO tyres were introduced on the Silver Champion they were accurate. You can see it clearly in the picture below. But they are no longer accurate in 2012.

diapo_172.jpg

8458-1.jpg

The thing is that slick tyres would look plain ugly on a Lego model... No doubt about it.