Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

So what´s up Avalonians? Nothing new or something to discuss? :classic:

I´m working on three mocs right now. I hope I can take some photos of them this weekend!

I too am working on multiple builds. Need to get a couple of pieces, but I don't want to wait for BL.

I'm still here. I had to take a break for a while because I've been really busy partying with young girls. I have a lot to post when I get the chance.

Can't wait for you to post your builds!

Today 1 year ago, I joined Eurobricks and Avalonia :)

Happy Eurobricks birthday, Susan Jr!

I currently have my Varlyrio build in the works. I should get a BL order in for some parts for future builds.

I'm still here. I had to take a break for a while because I've been really busy partying with young girls. I have a lot to post when I get the chance.

I await your creations :classic:

I am working on something that I am unsure i fI have the bricks to finish, you may never see it, but lets hope otherwise :wink:

Hahah! Good ol' BeerBeard!

I'm done with exams, as well as the obligatory lie in bed for 10 straight days period that follows. I still have a build to post from about a month ago, which I'll try and do first thing tomorrow morning. After that, I'm going to get busy building!

Has anyone seen maiden from CMF series 9? I think that's a pretty ideal Avalonian figure. I swear each series includes one figure perfect for us.

(I was about to post this when the power went out... :hmpf_bad: )

Oh no! Avalonia has minimum 7 builds coming up?! We need more Kaliphlin! (I have three, and I'm sure there are some others, but it's not enough! :devil: )

:laugh:

Looking forward to your builds Beerbeard! missed you

I have two more Varlyrio builds coming (with Avalonia figs to ensure our guild gets free build points!)

I absolutely love the forest Maiden in series 9! new hair, torso, the shield, and the elven bow are all great! shame there looks to only be two per box. will have to stock up on her as soon as I find them!

Hello Avalonia! I have been in-active for quite some time now. This had partly to do with Lands of Classic Castle, as well as some contests and projects on Flickr. But, my schedule has calmed down a bit, and I have read through the posts I've missed. Also, my building skills have greatly impoved in the time I have been gone. So, now I hope to be a little more active again in GoH. DC, that story idea sounds awesome, and I would love to participate.

I have done a lot of building but I won't be posting topics for them, so heres a link to my Flickr photostream.

http://www.flickr.co...s/67876944@N04/

And lately I have just posted a large forestmen build for CCCX, which I would like to submit for the "Prince of the Forest Title".

Heres a teaser pic, the topic can be found here.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76729

8243171572_f7c0b702f0.jpg

MOC Teaser/Artistic Shot by K.Kreations, on Flickr]

Edited by K.Kreations

really nice stuff KKreations. good to see you haven't forgotten us here and would love to see a build two for Avalonia now that you have some more green hat guys ;)

Today 1 year ago, I joined Eurobricks and Avalonia :)

Darn noob! :wink:

LOL. And here I've been working and ferrying the kids to school and sports. Where are my priorities?

Has anyone seen maiden from CMF series 9? I think that's a pretty ideal Avalonian figure. I swear each series includes one figure perfect for us.

That is a great figure :wub: . Easily the best in the whole set. Unfortunately, there are only two per box :angry: . What was TLG thinking? Hopefully, I'll manage to get to the store early enough to grab one. Perhaps we ought to have a GoH Forest Maiden exchange program, in case any of us get extras. If I manage to get more than the two or three I want for myself, I'll offer them up to GoH members at cost.

We need more Kaliphlin! (I have three, and I'm sure there are some others, but it's not enough! :devil: )

I'll be continuing my Advent Calendar build all December, and I've got another big MOC I'm working on, but probably won't be ready until the weekend at the earliest.

...I'll be continuing my Advent Calendar build all December, and I've got another big MOC I'm working on, but probably won't be ready until the weekend at the earliest.

Yeah, the advent calender is great! Especially since it's been all Kaliphlin so far! And I can't wait to see this big MOC!

... the elven bow [is]... great!

Yes, I really love that bow! I like the shield too, but it would be nice if she had a matching emblem on her dress... (though I guess then it wouldn't be so useful.)

The two forest maiden thing per box is going to be a real pain. Me and Legonardo get our figures from the same place, so that gives us one each, assuming we can ninja them before someone else manages to grab one. I'm nto sure if that figure is overly appealing to most kids, so we might be safe on that front, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure most kids just grab the first bag they see, and hope for the best.

I'm off to pick up a Mirkwood spider set. Yay!

Nice creations and projects from various notable avalonians. :thumbup:

Recently building some Mocs about Valyrio and some other for expanding the Arfelan lands.

Greetings.

The two forest maiden thing per box is going to be a real pain. Me and Legonardo get our figures from the same place, so that gives us one each, assuming we can ninja them before someone else manages to grab one. I'm nto sure if that figure is overly appealing to most kids, so we might be safe on that front, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure most kids just grab the first bag they see, and hope for the best.

yeah...

how much i smirkwood, $50? I was going to get one yesterday, in the end I didn't though

yeah...

how much i smirkwood, $50? I was going to get one yesterday, in the end I didn't though

Yeah, I think $50. I didn't bother going in today. The weather scared me off.

Yeah, I think $50. I didn't bother going in today. The weather scared me off.

exactly what happened to me yesterday, except i was cold from sailing with some of my friends in a "raft" we made which capsized, after that I just wanted to go home. :tongue:

oh don't try sailing a self made-raft in 50kph winds and large waves, its a bit stupid :blush:

exactly what happened to me yesterday, except i was cold from sailing with some of my friends in a "raft" we made which capsized, after that I just wanted to go home. :tongue:

oh don't try sailing a self made-raft in 50kph winds and large waves, its a bit stupid :blush:

Just a bit! You said that TW were selling Hobbit sets cheaper?

cheaper than LEGO.com is anyway, LEGO.com normally have the standard NZ prices so yeah.

Okay, I'll head there to grab one today.

So, what are people's thoughts on the hobbit sets? As far as usage for GoH goes?

Multiples of Attack of the Wargs. The tree is a Godsend for vegetation.

Although you can buy the green leaves on BL for about $0.30 each, or S@H PAB for $0.25, or get leaves from Alt Bricks for about $0.20. There are seventeen leaves, which is $4.25 on S@H (although the olive-green ones are unavailable there and more expensive on BL).

So if you want leaves cheaply, you're better off on BL, Alt Bricks, or S@H. But if you want to get a Hobbit set anyway, and are concerned about reusability in historical MOCs, then it's a good set: leaves, reddish-brown slopes and arches, the wargs, etc. Although I really don't like the design of the tree :sick:

They're all pretty good from a GoH MOCing perpsective. Barrel Escape has spiral stairs ( :wub: ), arches, barrels, and nice bottles and goblets. Mirkwood Spiders has black & brown slopes and arches, spiderwebs, red foliage, and mushrooms. Unexpected Gathering has lots of green slopes and curves, map tiles, goblets & bottles, food, and brown and dark flesh colored pieces. Haven't seen Goblin King yet, but it looks like it has a lot of brown and gray that would be useful. I think they're all pretty good (except for Riddles for the Ring, which is underwhelming). I'm just going to wait and see what goes on sale.

Don't get so focused on one figure. IMHO: Half of the figs could be used nearly as is for GOH. Half of those are female. Another four have parts that could be used for custom medieval figs, and all but one have heads that are usable for medieval figs. By that reasoning, this is the greatest over-all series for historical builders.

Also that 3x3 Bley plate has been a long time coming. Right now on bricklink it's pricing between $0.45 and $0.65 a piece.