Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

We can only hope this will be included in a real set, with the average price on Bricklink being £45 - £48, they will hopefully be available to the mass market very soon :classic:

http://www.bricklink...ID=7&itemID=952

There are three possibilities for the Blue Bicycle in the Summer Lineup being 60024 the 2013 City Advent Calendar(unlikely) and sets 60023 and 60026!! Lets hold thumbs it is in one of them.....

There are three possibilities for the Blue Bicycle in the Summer Lineup being 60024 the 2013 City Advent Calendar(unlikely) and sets 60023 and 60026!! Lets hold thumbs it is in one of them.....

Okay, so what is 60023 and 60026 ? (second half sets ?) :look:

I'm curious too... And isn't the Summer wave a Coast Guard wave? Why would a bike be in a Coast Guard set? :laugh:

Edited by just2good

[quote name=danim' timestamp='1354709161' post='1450657'

http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=5626-1

Set 5626 Coast Guard Bike released 2008

Not that kind of bike.....one of those push bikes in light blue......might there be a surprise in the city range for the second half of the year......I guess we will find out in February with the toy fairs and that yearly Lego show in Denmark where we see sneek peaks of sets coming out later that year.....remember the garage and helicopter rescue sets from this year ? :wink:

Also worth mentioning are the new layout photos at the back of the instruction booklet. First we have a nice shot of the Museum that bridges the gap between new police sets and old during another crime-riddled night in Lego City:

Did anyone else notice that the Helicopter in the Museum set appears to have this windscreen http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=2483only modernized with clip hinges? Is LEGO trying to get back a few "blasts from the past"? Are there anymore "remakes" of old parts coming our way?

Did anyone else notice that the Helicopter in the Museum set appears to have this windscreen http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2483 only modernized with clip hinges? Is LEGO trying to get back a few "blasts from the past"? Are there anymore "remakes" of old parts coming our way?

Well, that is an interesting observation, but unfortunately many of our other images of the set show a different, decidedly new windscreen. See here for an example from 60008, or here to see the same piece in 60004. That layout above is probably just preliminary.

I like the new helicopter windscreen, but it makes me sad that even though the new one is nice and geometric it still isn't a shape that allows the sides to be sealed up without difficulty.

Edited by Aanchir

It was like this in prelim pics (i even wrote that its re-issue of helicopter from old set), but not on final pics.

Most Definately Second Half Sets and they are not the Generic Themes like Police and Fire..... CITY SUMMER 2013 has a Few Surprises with a blast from the past......

Edited by Cyrtanthus

Pinch of salt taken with this news.

Also, why are there ducks in the city square? Bottom right corner. There isn't any water in the square. Peculiar.

Pinch of salt taken with this news.

Also, why are there ducks in the city square? Bottom right corner. There isn't any water in the square. Peculiar.

This Image is no Duck out of Water!! [salted NEWs] This was a Preliminary Sketch for a Lego Fan VOTE a few years back, A Picture is worth a thousand words...... Lets just say it is Possible from the LEGO set description that a Blue Bicycle might be in this set but thankfully I dont think this set will include another helicopter!!! Will have to wait for Grogall to find us the offical LEGO images......and see what the LEGO CITY designers have come up with, Fountain, Minifigure Statue, Ducks or no ducks...???? Will definately be an interesting CITY Set!!!

Edited by Cyrtanthus

'Cyrtanthus' you know something we don't......60023 and 60026 don't come up anyway on a Goggle search....then you making references to the city square as part of the 2009 TRU vote for a 2010 city set......perhaps they are making use of what they had planned perhaps......dam it, February is so far away ! :laugh:

Built the High Speed Chase last night... And the highlight was definitely the little red sports car. Although I can't really call it little-- it's WIIIIIDE!!! But. Very sleek and well designed. McCain's truck is a fun build too, but I might try to build up its underside a bit. The gray sides between the wheels just sort of hang down like a curtain-- it looks a bit strange from lower angles. Otherwise a great set!!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

I was looking at the helicopter pilots last night and thought the aviator cap looked odd. So I tried the CMF hockey player helmet with a trans visor and it looks much more like a proper helicopter pilot helmet. The dark blue colour works well with the new police too. I don't have a camera or I'd take a pic to illustrate but I just thought I'd mention it.

Also just got my exclusive Chase McCain minifig. WOOT! I've decided that the forest police and these 2013 police sets are from a different city than the older police. Probably just a town rather than a city. The older police seem like they come from a large metropolitan city. The new police say rural town to me. Smaller buildings. Smaller, tighter police force. Maybe beside a massive lake. I imagine the forest separates the two places.

I'm desperate to get my hands on these new police sets but it looks like I'll have to wait until next year :sad:

I was looking at the helicopter pilots last night and thought the aviator cap looked odd. So I tried the CMF hockey player helmet with a trans visor and it looks much more like a proper helicopter pilot helmet. The dark blue colour works well with the new police too. I don't have a camera or I'd take a pic to illustrate but I just thought I'd mention it.

The minifigures with the aviator caps aren't pilots, they're police officers with riot helmets. I think the aviator cap works quite nicely as that, though the hockey helmet would've looked good too.

You're dead right. they're not pilots. I was thinking several things at once and completely mixed up what I wanted to say. :blush: oops. I still think the hockey helmet would look nicer on them though.

345xv7b.jpg

Does that mean that 4433 and 4435 will discontinue and soon stores will run out of them? If so, I must rush ti pick up several tipper trucks that are, to my mind, best Great vehicle in 2012.

Does that mean that 4433 and 4435 will discontinue and soon stores will run out of them? If so, I must rush ti pick up several tipper trucks that are, to my mind, best Great vehicle in 2012.

The very odd thing here in Oz is that major retailers have or are receiving good stocks of just those two sets......plus putting them on sale too.....it's looking like these two sets are the only ones to continue......to me best great vehicle....tie dump truck and ambulance....but that's off topic. :blush:

Just noticed theres a typo on that booklet, 4432 is actually the garbage truck, and 4433 is the dirt bike transporter.

The very odd thing here in Oz is that major retailers have or are receiving good stocks of just those two sets......plus putting them on sale too.....it's looking like these two sets are the only ones to continue......to me best great vehicle....tie dump truck and ambulance....but that's off topic. :blush:

I agree, also being a fellow Aussie

Has anyone seen any reviews of, instructions for or inventories of the new Fire Truck or Fire Station?

I have to say, the bleachers in the background with the dirt bike set would make a nice set. Obviously not with all those minifigs but the general shape of that scene, with a ramp and some rusty cars. Maybe a yellow or white trial bike....

Has anyone seen any reviews of, instructions for or inventories of the new Fire Truck or Fire Station?

The new Fire Station has not been released yet, so sadly no. But the new Fire Truck set has a few reviews, but it seems like it really isn't that popular of a set.

I'm not too fond of linking to her reviews, but the BrickQueen released a review of the set a couple days back.

'Cyrtanthus' you know something we don't......60023 and 60026 don't come up anyway on a Goggle search....then you making references to the city square as part of the 2009 TRU vote for a 2010 city set......perhaps they are making use of what they had planned perhaps......dam it, February is so far away ! :laugh:

Will not find this info on Google :tongue: ...I have the complete list of second half LEGO 2013 sets :grin: Only I dont get access to the Pictures :hmpf_bad: so every year; just like everyone else I have to wait as well :sadnew: till February for the Toy Shows.

Just have to be careful not to upset Big Brother with release as they may plug my "Leak"!!! :sceptic:

Posted the Picture because there was an image for this set :laugh: a blast from the past persay. Bring on 2013...it is going to be interesting if the Set Names are anything to go by.... including a old town theme never done in CITY line....oops I might say too much!! :wink:

Bring on 2013...it is going to be interesting if the Set Names are anything to go by.... including a old town theme never done in CITY line....oops I might say too much!! :wink:

Another subtheme for the Summer 2013 City sets? :cry_happy:

So far we have rumors for Cargo, Coast Gaurd, and now, as you said, a classic subtheme from Town... I really hope you're not refering to Res-Q as the new old subtheme. Perhaps Divers to go with Coast Gaurd, or Soccer/Football (as Friends has brought back the ball pieces), or Racing/Race to go with that Motorcycle Transport Truck set, or Shell (judging by the recent promotions)!

Oh, the possibilities! :drool: