Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Day One: Heart to Heart

Hm. I actually swear I said I am town, or something like that in the post where I said It's better to claim town. I worded it differently, it seems. Hm. Whatever.

You didn't. Everyone took note of it. And pointed it out repeatedly. Just saying.

You know, if I didn't really want to see Trisha's affiliation I'd switch my vote to Mike (Bob) for that goofy post and vote and subsequent disappearance. :hmpf_bad:

Well, I went back and those are all the comments you made after we decided to say "I'm innocent" or "I'm Town" and before it was revealed that the whole lie-detector was simply made-up. Go check for yourself, but they're all in the review post from when we had that short black-out in the stables.

Read my comment again. :classic:

Read my comment again. :classic:

Oh, :wall: Sorry I didn't read your comment fully. That's what happens when you don't take your time before posting. :blush:

Well, I don't know about rehearsed, but I take time with my comments usually. That particular comment took forty five minutes or thereabouts to think up in my little horse brain.

Your paragraphs didn't have spaces between them but the other statements came two paragraph breaks after the quote. Warning: the following statement is 100% metagaming:

To completely metagame, it looks like you composed it in a word processor and then pasted it here. I remember it taking you very long to post when you were Scum but not so long when you were Town. Then again, when you were Scum, sometimes it took you forever to post and you'd decide against it. There were many iterations and you poured over everything and tried to get your team to approve it before actually posting, so your current speed is more of your Town game, unless there were other Scum online at the time. :wacko: Ugh, sorry about the metagaming. Just processing thoughts. This is nothing that anyone should base anything on. Just clarifying what I meant.

You didn't. Everyone took note of it. And pointed it out repeatedly. Just saying.

You know, if I didn't really want to see Trisha's affiliation I'd switch my vote to Mike (Bob) for that goofy post and vote and subsequent disappearance. :hmpf_bad:

No they didnt. Only when Crappy Mcfred started flinging his megablocks around.

Your paragraphs didn't have spaces between them but the other statements came two paragraph breaks after the quote. Warning: the following statement is 100% metagaming:

To completely metagame, it looks like you composed it in a word processor and then pasted it here. I remember it taking you very long to post when you were Scum but not so long when you were Town. Then again, when you were Scum, sometimes it took you forever to post and you'd decide against it. There were many iterations and you poured over everything and tried to get your team to approve it before actually posting, so your current speed is more of your Town game, unless there were other Scum online at the time. :wacko: Ugh, sorry about the metagaming. Just processing thoughts. This is nothing that anyone should base anything on. Just clarifying what I meant.

I take my time more with content and spelling, sorry about the format. :blush:

Yes, I figured that's what you meant. I remember you bringing that up when we were playing vikings that one time when you tried to kill me. Good times. Either way, I pointed out that I take my time when posting then, and I'll point it out here again. Hopefully, if you don't have a vested interest in killing me like you did last time, you'll realize that, while some meta-gaming can be helpful, this is not. Also, I'm not using Word Processor. If I was, I'd be a bit more careful about the format. :grin::wink: All my posts are made in thread. I quote several people and reply to them and then copy and past them into one big reply box and then post it.

If I'd known that I'd have done that way earlier. What good would it do to not say it? If I were scum, I'm going to go way back on this, what do you think is the sensible approach, taking into account everyone has said either I'm innocent or I'm town or something like that. Either purposefully not saying it, pointing a big black target on your head, or saying it having only a small chance it'd actually happen, not losing anything?

It does not make sense to do that from either a town OR a scum OR a serial killer point of view. It was an honest mistake, sorry, that's all I can say about that.

If I'd known that I'd have done that way earlier. What good would it do to not say it? If I were scum, I'm going to go way back on this, what do you think is the sensible approach, taking into account everyone has said either I'm innocent or I'm town or something like that. Either purposefully not saying it, pointing a big black target on your head, or saying it having only a small chance it'd actually happen, not losing anything?

It does not make sense to do that from either a town OR a scum OR a serial killer point of view. It was an honest mistake, sorry, that's all I can say about that.

Hmmmm. To be honest, this does make allot of sense. I was wondering the same thing, and really the only reasonable response is that you made a mistake. That doesn't mean you're not the SK, but it does go volumes to explain why you spent so much time joking around when others were responding seriously to the lie-detector. The explanation makes sense, but you could just as easily be making it up to cover yourself or have honestly made a mistake as the SK.

If I were a SK, who is not town, and not scum, whose only ally would be himself, would I bring myself out in the open like this? I will probably be killed, tracked, investigated or whatever tonight. I am not the serial killer. You can lie detect that too.

Vote: Penny (VolcanicPanik). I picked someone who has given short responses with little input. There are many of you, I just picked one. If she speaks up and offers an opinion, I'll move on to the next of you. I'm not a huge fan of voting the first day, but I'm a less huge fan of penalty votes, and if we don't vote, we get those. So I'll use the votes to get some people to speak up.

Here's my opinion, buddy boy. Right now you say I have short responses with little input. And there were many of us. So why would you just use your vote on someone you randomly picked?

Buddy girl. I think I at least look somewhat feminine. I picked out of one of the many who have not said anything. You need to talk. If you are scum and talk, we might catch you, if you are town, you might help us catch scum. That was hardly an adequate response. What do you think of Trisha? Daisy? Other suspects? If you give us a response, I can move on. To Mike, most likely, who is equally saying nothing but still trying to condemn someone.

People who do not talk do not help the town. Even Trisha with her useless made up role caused conversation.

Ahem, little miss, I can see you're not from around these parts and I'd appreciate if you did a little bit of reading ahead of time. This is the first time I've proposed it in its details and not a single person disagreed with it.

I believe I was thinking of this:

Come to think of it, we may be able to make better use of these cookies if we can somehow inter-weave everyone's comments, let me break out the ol' pen and paper and see how this would work.

In relation to this exchange:

All we need to do if this Action works the way Trisha says it does is have one person write a list of all players "Trish is aligned with the Town, Amy is aligned with the Town, Oscar is aligned with the Town" and then Trish can take any portion of that statement and check if it's true or not. That way we don't have to have every person claim. Would it work that way? Could I verify someone else's alignment by saying "Shadell is aligned with the Town" and Trish gives that statement to God to see if its true or not?

I don't think that would work. It wouldn't be lying or telling the truth since the person doesn't really know, would it? I'm not sure, it's an odd role I haven't dealt with before.

Which sounds a bit like the suggestion that triggered my response. I guess I attributed Carl's idea as having its origins in yours. Anyway, Dansmith disagreed and pointed out the fallacy this time. I suppose you're right that "not a single person disagreed", as Dansmith is not a person.

Not that it matters much anyways now that it seems like this whole lie detector thing is turning into one big knot of he inferments and impliements.

No, but the discussions surrounding this are interesting.

As for Daisy, I see her consistant behavior being no more suspicious, than a certain hedgehog being super paranoid, or your consistant pointing out of people based on stuff that you partially read. If you'd like me to base my vote on these consistencies, I could place a vote for you if it would make you feel better.

I feel just fine, so you're welcome to vote for whoever you want.

That was a surprise. I didn't expect that at all. After reading all of your points I thought you would've voted for Dansmith.

Why Dansmith? I don't particularly agree with his thoughts but he's explained them. Daisy's habit of being difficult to work with doesn't lend itself to avoiding votes.

It was an honest mistake, sorry, that's all I can say about that.

Daisy admitted a mistake? Now THAT is suspicious! :P

Sorry... should have read, Carl's response to Oscar's idea... too many people referring to each other.

I think I at least look somewhat feminine.

You're way fatter than the other girls...

Here's my opinion, buddy boy. Right now you say I have short responses with little input. And there were many of us. So why would you just use your vote on someone you randomly picked?

That was very helpful. You hardly seem Scummy at all. :hmpf:

Which sounds a bit like the suggestion that triggered my response. I guess I attributed Carl's idea as having its origins in yours. Anyway, Dansmith disagreed and pointed out the fallacy this time. I suppose you're right that "not a single person disagreed", as Dansmith is not a person.

:blush: No you are correct, it was during the time warp that that all happened which is why I missed it. Thank you for the clarification and yes I will vote when I feel when I am more convinced of one of these cases. I still would like more clarification as to why Trisha believed that Fred was giving her a lie detector and yet continued to claim as though she had one herself.

You're way fatter than the other girls...

I read in a book once that hedgehogs are dicks, so I guess this is just in your nature to say. :sweet: I do sample a lot of the food I cook... love me some sausage. But yes, perhaps you now understand why on the first day, I like to vote for those who aren't speaking much. They're no use to anyone, no matter what side they're on. So I try to make them speak.

Vote Count

Billie (badboytje88) - 1 vote (def)

Trisha (TrumpetKing67) - 10 votes (Scubacarrot, Hinckley, PsyKater, zakura, JackJonespaw, Shadows, Tamamono, PirateDave84, TheBoyWonder, badboytje88)

Penny (VolcanicPanik) - 1 vote (Zepher)

Daisy (Scuba) - 3 votes (Dannylonglegs, TrumpetKing67, Bob)

Walter (Waterbrick Down) - 1 vote (fhomess)

With 25 players remaining, a majority of 13 is required for a conviction.

There are 30 hours left in the day.

:dangry: If you have not added your character in avatar or signature and name to your signature, you better do it before then end of voting!

OK, I'm starting to see how it could totally be just a noob making a joke and it going out of control. However, Fred didn't even corroborate that it was all based off her misunderstanding what he was saying. The fact that Fred can't confirm that it's possible she misunderstood his messages is pretty damning. She says now that it was all Fred's fault and that what he said made her believe he had given her a lie detector. If that isn't true, then why is she lying? I'm comfortable with where my vote is.

Already did, you missed it

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76647&st=75#entry1449697

Because someone is going to say I purposefully misspelled aligned, here again: I am aligned with the town. There.

Way too late for that. No meaning now (I think, unless someone else wants to claim a lie detector). But your complaining is noted. :sweet:

As for your "conspicuous" rant, go back and review what was said. I said we were the most conspicuous people, meaning we were likely townies. Not that we were the most conspicuous townies. You were wrong. And then rude about being wrong. I'll await my apology from you :sadnew:

Since Fred has no problems posting the PMs he posted, perhaps he can show us what he told Trisha before she came out with this statement:

I did, you missed it.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76647&st=75#entry1449697

No, I caught all that. It just didn't sink in that those are the words you spoke that made her think you gave her something. It looks more like she was just doing what you told her to do. It's weird. I don't know how she could've gotten that from what you said or why you don't find her more suspicious for it? I'm not feeling 100% confident with this, but it certainly seems like she was lying or covering something up. You still think Daisy is a stronger case than the oddity surrounding Trisha?

Vote Count

Billie (badboytje88) - 1 vote (def)

Trisha (TrumpetKing67) - 10 votes (Scubacarrot, Hinckley, PsyKater, zakura, JackJonespaw, Shadows, Tamamono, PirateDave84, TheBoyWonder, badboytje88)

Penny (VolcanicPanik) - 1 vote (Zepher)

Daisy (Scuba) - 3 votes (Dannylonglegs, TrumpetKing67, Bob)

Walter (Waterbrick Down) - 1 vote (fhomess)

With 25 players remaining, a majority of 13 is required for a conviction.

There are 30 hours left in the day.

:dangry: If you have not added your avatar and name to your signature, you better do it before then end of voting!

I unvoted Billie and voted for Daisy.

At the very least, this day should prove rich for the town in the days to come. At least one of the people being voted for should be scum, meaning there are others who could be said to be saving them. :thumbup:

And Daisy, chill out. I'm not flinging megablocks everywhere, just at you and your entirely unreasonable behaviour :classic:

Fred, the reason I didn't set you straight was 100% due to the fact that I thought you were giving me a lie detector.

A.) It makes sense, being you are a police officer.

B.) Your wording was a bit off.

I realize that this is one big misunderstanding. I really do apologize for babbling on about that, and I see how it looked like Fred and I were scum buddies. You are all (except the scum) going to be awfully disappointed tomorrow if I'm lynched.

I think we need to put this entire thing about the detector behind us, and focus, even if it is partly my fault. I am not blaming all of you for voting for me, but there certainly can be other fingers to point here.

As for your "conspicuous" rant, go back and review what was said. I said we were the most conspicuous people, meaning we were likely townies. Not that we were the most conspicuous townies. You were wrong. And then rude about being wrong. I'll await my apology from you :sadnew:

I'm not wrong you said most conspicious, then you denied that, now you mix it up a bit. Cute. And I'm not too late because it did not matter in the first place. You don't seem to get that. It's not hard.

I'm not wrong you said most conspicious, then you denied that, now you mix it up a bit. Cute. And I'm not too late because it did not matter in the first place. You don't seem to get that. It's not hard.

I did not deny it. You did not read it. I said "conspicuous people". You said "conspicuous townie". Those are very different things. You are wrong. Reread it all and come back.

I know you're pissy because I made a case against you, but being bitter and making stuff up isn't the way to deal with it. Chill out, count to 10, and get back to us.

Fred, the reason I didn't set you straight was 100% due to the fact that I thought you were giving me a lie detector.

A.) It makes sense, being you are a police officer.

B.) Your wording was a bit off.

A) :wall: Are you really a vet? Can you get me ketamine? All vets can. I know the brick wall is a heavy thing to give you, but trust me, everyone else is doing that as they read that point.

B) I quoted what I wrote. Nothing about giving you one.

You misunderstood. It's unfortunate. Good luck.

Ahem, okay, I am here. Turns out my CD player is actually a flux capacitor, so I had to re-clean up all of the horse shit. I feel like I've picked up shit in a past life, maybe that was camel shit.

Yes, I did listen to what everyone has to say, so now I'm going to

Vote: Trisha (Trumpetking)

Valid points have been brought up by both Fred and the talking hedgehog, as well as some others. I think that our best option here today is to lynch all liars. Trisha may be a noob, but it could have also been a scum slip. Whatever it is, she's not making any sense, and presents a risk if we keep her alive. Scum or dumb is right. :sceptic: Also, in case it is helpful at all, I am aligned with the town.

Other than that, I don't have much else to say. I do have my suspicions about those who have been rather unhelpful or quick to defend or agree with someone. No sense in keeping those names a secret, among those are Patty, Penny, Billie, Zara, Mike, and Jane. It's still the first day and there's hardly anything to go off of, but those are the people who I have observed to be the most suspicious so far, apart from Trisha.

Well. I was ready to vote for Trisha after she stated with confidence that she did have a detector, only to later explain that it was all a lie. But then it was pointed out that when Trisha stated she had the detector, she genuinely thought she did as she thought Fred had given it to her, being a cop and all. But surely someone would have told her if she had received a lie detector? Assuming you have something without any confirmation is just... not something people do. You don't just try and perform an action on the assumption that you can, you have to know that you can do said action. And so, unless Trisha was told in private that she had a lie detector then she shouldn't have stated she ever did, and she should never have assumed she did.

Now, I assume we all know of the 2 vote penalty for not voting, so with motivation like that I'll Vote: Trisha (TrumpetKing67)

I'm not sure what to think of Daisy. Her admitting to her mistake is reasonable, as it's just illogical for anyone to have acted that way, regardless of alignment. She's still quite aggressively defensive though, which is expected of her, but... hmm. I'm still unnerved at the hedgehog, the cop and the blonde not being at each other's throats as well. :tongue:

Oh, and before I forget – on the off chance there's a lie detector out there – I'm aligned with the town, I'm innocent, I'm not a killer and I like long walks down the fenceline. :grin:

I did not deny it. You did not read it. I said "conspicuous people". You said "conspicuous townie". Those are very different things. You are wrong. Reread it all and come back.

I know you're pissy because I made a case against you, but being bitter and making stuff up isn't the way to deal with it. Chill out, count to 10, and get back to us.

I just reread it, it seems to me like you are purposefully explaining it differently now. I don't really think you are scum, just full of yourself, and weird.

I am not "pissy" (Is that even a word? Grow up people) because you made a case against me, I am pissed because you made a bad case against me, and dumb people went along. If we both agree the other is not scum or at least you are not going to fling more shite, can we move along. So people that have not been talking, talk. What do you think about all this?

I honestly think you just got upset because I did not trust you when you convinced yourself that'd be the logical thing for me to do. I don't know why you'd think that, but there you go.