CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

Fight the power! Or...um...something. :laugh:

A tank would be cool. Or another flyer of some sort. Although we already have 2. Maybe a tank that has a transforming function into an escape pod/flyer?

Something like this minus the small wheeled vehicle would be cool. Detachable flyer, meaty bug squishing lower vehicle, big cannon.

Something like this minus the small wheeled vehicle would be cool. Detachable flyer, meaty bug squishing lower vehicle, big cannon.

How about a walker? That's the one vehicle type that hasn't been much represented in this theme so far. We have the smallish Mech from the VV, but no fully realized $49.99 battle machine. So much potential!

Unless you count the Star Slicer as a mech... which you could sort of get away with, but it's still a far cry from this... (I don't think I'll ever stop talking about this set :grin: )

Edited by Algernon

Weird, I was just looking at the drill walker trying to imagine it as a nest buster. Perhaps with the drill angled forward and a more solid, chunky fuselage because there'd need to be some serious power to work a massive drill head. The cockpit could have a rapid release mechanism for hasty escape if the buggoids swarmed.

My hope is that the lack of "Red Squad" sets means that a second wave is incoming. It's a little strange for LEGO to design unique minifigures and colors just to stick them on throwaway "space sleds" for a single set.

Let´s hope we get bases of some kind next wave.

For the Squad, I imagine the base being split up into four parts, coloured as such, with a central tower with red, orange, green and blue (and, the main color of the base, white) elements.

Let´s hope we get bases of some kind next wave.

For the Squad, I imagine the base being split up into four parts, coloured as such, with a central tower with red, orange, green and blue (and, the main color of the base, white) elements.

Interesting. Maybe there could be a "central command" squad that has a unique color scheme and runs the GS HQ.

Probably more likely that we just won't see bases with this theme, unfortunately... time will tell!

The emphasis does seem to be on the away team. Taking the fight to the bugs. If anything there'll probably be a vehicular command post. Mobile command is probably better for dealing with very mobile enemies I suppose.

Here the missing set in HR!

all pics link to HR version +2400.pxl

70704 Vermin Vaporizer

b_70704_box_side_800.jpg

c_70704_detail_1_800.jpg

d_70704_detail_2_800.jpg

e_70704_detail_3_800.jpg

f_70704_detail_4_800.jpg

g_70704_detail_5_800.jpg

Enjoy! :alien: :alien: :alien:

Without a doubt my most anticipated set of the line... also, I love that image of the mech stepping on the tail of the scorpion. :laugh:

also, I love that image of the mech stepping on the tail of the scorpion. :laugh:

And the stickers of the squished bug on the windshield!

Thanks GRogall. :thumbup:

I love the bugsquash stickers on the cockpit canopy :laugh: Really like that shield too. The base vehicle is great but I'm not keen on the mech. I really don't like the robot's head either. something about the open mouthed look freaks me out. :look:

also, I love that image of the mech stepping on the tail of the scorpion. :laugh:

The best pic ever!

BTW, we saw the squashed bug-windshield stickers in the review video a while back.

@Jargo: That head reminds me of some sort of Hadrosaurus.

Edited by DraikNova

The base vehicle is great but I'm not keen on the mech. I really don't like the robot's head either. something about the open mouthed look freaks me out. :look:

I actually like the mech. I think the design is one of LEGO's better ones. Although I'm with you that the green android isn't the best one, I don't think he's all that freaky. :tongue: My favorite android is probably the blue one, followed by orange, red, and finally green.

I thought the stickers were laser blast marks until now.

Not sure about the robot looking duck billed. it reminds me of the M113 alien from the original series of Star Trek crossed with an original series Battlestar Galactica Cylon.

My favourite is the red one. I like the sleek lines of the head. The orange is next and the blue is interesting but a little bit too asymmetrical for me.

Edited by Jargo

I'm curious as to how people will react to the Star Slicer now that some more flattering pictures of it are out. I'm planning on picking it up after Christmas, so if there isn't a review out by then, I'll be happy to do one.

For my part I think it looks like a fun, if slightly flawed set.

I don't think so. So many people seem to think that fig is meant to go with Galaxy Squad, but from its description on Lego.com and its appearance, I reckon it's meant to be more like a Gundam or other giant humanoid mech.

Yes, LEGO did not intend for you to mix your collectible minifigures with the rest of your LEGO sets, and you must not ignore the made-up backstories or anything. We all know that LEGO hates it when you mix your LEGO pieces together. I heard that if you even THINK about putting the CMFs9 Battle Mech minifig near the Galaxy Squad minifigs, the universe will explode. :tongue:

Edited by vynsane

My hope is that the lack of "Red Squad" sets means that a second wave is incoming. It's a little strange for LEGO to design unique minifigures and colors just to stick them on throwaway "space sleds" for a single set.

That's my thinking too. Of these six sets, three of them are of the blue squad. Why would LEGO even bother making a red, orange and green squad if they only get a single set? Brickshop.nl lists four more sets for an August release too, which could mean another set for each squad (or preferrably, one base of sorts plus another set for each of the red, orange and green squads). Then you'd have 10 sets total: one base, three blue sets, two red, two orange and two green.

Wishful thinking maybe.. :)

I really like these sets, apart from the robots. I don't know if anyone else feels this, but I feel asthetically they just don't fit in with the sets.

Is TRU jacking up the prices on these?

Yup, I saw today the $11.99 set for $15.99, the $59.99 set for $69.99 and the $79.99 set for $99.99......

Yes, LEGO did not intend for you to mix your collectible minifigures with the rest of your LEGO sets, and you must not ignore the made-up backstories or anything. We all know that LEGO hates it when you mix your LEGO pieces together. I heard that if you even THINK about putting the CMFs9 Battle Mech minifig near the Galaxy Squad minifigs, the universe will explode. :tongue:

This post just made my day! Thanks, Vynsane, I needed a good laugh just now.

Is TRU jacking up the prices on these?

Of course, when DOESN'T TRU jack up the prices on LEGO sets.... That's why I try to buy them at Target, Voldemart or a LEGO store instead, if at all possible.