Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Day One: Heart to Heart

I am aligned with town.

And I am also going to place my vote now. I will vote:

Vote: Trisha (Trumpetking)

Something about voting for Daisy just doesn't seem right. Trisha has been on and off all day not really making any sense at all.

Vote: Daisy (Scuba)

Seems to be a logical approach. I'll go for it, if only because it's our only option at this time.

Seems to be a logical approach. I'll go for it, if only because it's our only option at this time.

How is it logical? How is it our only approach?

Sorry. How is it our only option?

You worried me with your first posts and you've been "helpful without being helpful" since. Why are you jumping right on this Daisy bandwagon. I don't see how this is a good case at all. Maybe I've misread something.

Well, I'm not entirely sure it's a bandwagon. I'm voting for her because I am quite suspicious of her actions. Looking back, it does seem like I voted early, like I usually do, and also that my suspicions of her may have been somewhat influenced by her personality. Her incendiary comments never cease to annoy me, but I guess that's just how she acts. It's her "Strategy."

I honestly interpret it as being very unhelpful though. By removing her personality from the equation, her actions take on a very scummy note, and it might not be beneficial to just pass it off as, "She's always a jerk/non-conformist." When there was the slight-possibility that simply stating "I'm innocent" or "I'm affiliated with the Town" or something of the like would have benefited the town, she jokingly avoided the statement twice without explaining that she didn't believe the claim. Even if she didn't believe the claim, the least she could have done was play along like most everyone else. I still thought it was the babbling of a relatively young girl when I claimed innocence. It hurt nothing and no one--except the scum/serial-killer. That's my argument against her.

Also influencing my vote towards Daisy is my belief that, noobish as it may be, Trisha's babbling and subsequent almost-claim are decidedly not scummy behavior-wise. I doubt that after posting such an off-putting first comment, the scum would just let her follow Fred's every move. There's something so innocent and naive about her comments that I find it hard to believe that she had anyone else in her head at the time... apart from Fred who she seemed to agree with without thinking--a behavior that also does not seem scummy to me because, If Fred's not scum and Trisha is, she has her own people to talk with out of the public eye, and if Fred and Trisha are both scum then they would try as hard as possible to avoid talking to one another publicly. It doesn't make much sense that Trisha's scum to me, therefore, even though she's standing on top of quite a mess, She does not get my vote--a vote reserved for suspected scum.

So I am thoroughly confused, something that doesn't happen oftent. Trisha's claim seemed to me at least viable especially after the information Fred shared about such a scenario. If it is helpful for someone later on then I am aligned with the town, in retrospect and after diagraming all this out, it may be more beneficial to setup a series of interlocking truths, i.e. Trisha says "Fred is lying", Fred says "Oscar is lying", the blasted hedgehog says "Daisy is lying" and so forth until we have an interlocking mesh and one lie detector should theoretically "clear" a bunch of people, but that will take more coordination in the future.

That was suggested before, and really wouldn't work with a lie-detector (to my knowledge) as it's not a truth-detector, and Fred doesn't know if Oscar's lying.

:laugh: I'm not a porcupine. :tongue: I don't think people who disagree with me are Scum. Nor do I think they are dumb. You must have me confused with someone else. I was simply saying that you seemed quick to explain other people's actions away. A tactic we've seen in recent games...of life is Scum attempting to appear helpful by defending bumbling young Townies. Can you feed me a penny? I'm hungry and that's apparently what I eat. :wacko: I don't know why. And scratch my nose. I like when people scratch my nose.

Is that why I have a bad track record on the first days of races? Maybe I should just vote them off then?

Oh, and before I forget: I am aligned with the Town. Still. There's no point to not bloody saying it.

Do you mean it's the Scum's only option since you can't vote for your Scum buddy, Trisha?

How else would it be your only option? :look:

Also influencing my vote towards Daisy is my belief that, noobish as it may be, Trisha's babbling and subsequent almost-claim are decidedly not scummy behavior-wise. I doubt that after posting such an off-putting first comment, the scum would just let her follow Fred's every move. There's something so innocent and naive about her comments that I find it hard to believe that she had anyone else in her head at the time... apart from Fred who she seemed to agree with without thinking--a behavior that also does not seem scummy to me because, If Fred's not scum and Trisha is, she has her own people to talk with out of the public eye, and if Fred and Trisha are both scum then they would try as hard as possible to avoid talking to one another publicly. It doesn't make much sense that Trisha's scum to me, therefore, even though she's standing on top of quite a mess, She does not get my vote--a vote reserved for suspected scum.

The formatting of your speech seems rehearsed. I hated it when they kept pointing stuff like that out in the Viking life, but it does seem rehearsed regardless.

So, if Trisha is just bumbling, why does Fred seem to think she's bullshitting us by putting the blame for the false claim on him? Let's look back and see how she responded to the detector "misunderstanding". Hold please...

Please explain.

Since Fred has no problems posting the PMs he posted, perhaps he can show us what he told Trisha before she came out with this statement:

Thank you, Fred. I do have a detector. It is incredibly important for everybody here to give a phrase such as "I'm innocent" to the detector right now in order for it to give us results, though.

...which she claims is in response to believing that Fred gave her a lie detector.

I suppose what we need to consider is why a Scum wouldn't just continue letting us believe they had a lie detector since they could so easily fake the results... :sceptic:

Danny. You still haven't explained to us how the case against me is "good". Hard, huh? I know. Because it isn't. That post took you soooo long and this what we got? Shame.

You posted this which makes no sense. You were responded to twice with about four things to answer and yet you disappear. Where did you go? Do the Scum only have one option because they don't want to vote for Trisha, their scummy compadre? Or are you just lazily skimming the thread and not paying attention as usual?

Trisha: Your 'defense' isn't one. There are a lot of things that can be joked about in this game of life, hell, we have a talking hedgehog sitting on a horse's megablocks, but something as important as a means of identifying the scum is not one of them. That said, to humour those of you who actually find any logic in this claim...

I am aligned with the town. I am wearing my town badge with town clusters and I may or may not be wearing town underwear. Wait, I'm not wearing underwear at all, scratch that one.

Mike: You're not making any sense to me. At this point, there are lots of options, yet you're picking what looks like the least logical one.

Dumb or scum. My vote stands.

I suppose what we need to consider is why a Scum wouldn't just continue letting us believe they had a lie detector since they could so easily fake the results... :sceptic:

This is a very good point, why expose a lie when everybody except a non-conformist gives it at least a little creedence? So unless we are chalking things up to inexperience or a really good WIFOM, that would mean at least Trisha is telling the truth, correct?

This is a very good point, why expose a lie when everybody except a non-conformist gives it at least a little creedence? So unless we are chalking things up to inexperience or a really good WIFOM, that would mean at least Trisha is telling the truth, correct?

You used a stupid acronym. Scum.

Honestly, I doubt Fred would draw attention to himself this way if he were Scum. However, there's always the freakin' WIFOM of trying to appear like his Town self in order to cover up his Scum alignment... Less likely but still possible ... and a smart way to get people to trust you ... and Fred is one of the smartest. Not always the nicest, but usually pretty damn smart.

I'm not the only one, are you being selective and trying to protect your scum buddy. *oh2*:tongue:

I'm not the only one, are you being selective and trying to protect your scum buddy. *oh2*:tongue:

Didn't notice that. Then he's scum too.

Well this is getting REALLY exciting! Does this type of thing always happen in Heartlake? Two horses were killed and now everyone's getting all uppity about a lie detector. We never have things like this happen out in the country.

vote: Trisha (TrumpetKing67)

When you say that your cookies are baked in truth sprinkles that act as a lie detector, what does that mean ? I've never heard of any lie detectors if that's your claim. The sound of a one shot "lie detector" ability sounds just ridiclous.

Given what Fred told us, and the internet link he shared with us, I don't think the idea is that ridiculous. We don't know how it works exactly, but the idea that you're so quick to disregard even the possibility suggests to me you're not paying attention and not willing to think about possibilities. As they say on my ranch, there's always something new under the sun!

I've been trying to follow this conversation as best I can, and what Zara has said makes the most sense in the shortest time. To me, it seems that Trisha is trying too hard with ridiculous stories about "inventions" so that she can remain seen as innocent.

Vote: Trisha (TrumpetKing67)

I think this cookie deal has gone on a bit too long, and gotten a bit too much out of hand.

What? Zara's made the most sense in the shortest time? Zara had very little to say, so if that's what you mean by the shortest amount of time, then I agree, but I don't think Zara made all that much sense one way or the other. You don't seem to be thinking very hard either.

Trisha's story was not brought forward to remain seen as innocent. She came out with it before any of us townies could have had strong opinions one way or the other on her. To me, it seemed like a bit of a silly idea if she's scum.

So, wait, let me get this straight, Trisha doesn't have a lie detector now? What the hell was she talking about, then? Normally, I wouldn't see someone like this as scum, but with her lack of experience, there's a high chance that she's a bumbling scummo jumping the gun with a bad roleclaim.

I don't really understand this. Would you think it LESS likely that Trisha was scum if she was more experienced, made up a lie detector story, and then backtracked?

So I am thoroughly confused, something that doesn't happen often. Trisha's claim seemed to me at least viable especially after the information Fred shared about such a scenario. If it is helpful for someone later on then I am aligned with the town, in retrospect and after diagraming all this out, it may be more beneficial to setup a series of interlocking truths, i.e. Trisha says "Fred is lying", Fred says "Oscar is lying", the blasted hedgehog says "Daisy is lying" and so forth until we have an interlocking mesh and one lie detector should theoretically "clear" a bunch of people, but that will take more coordination in the future.

Scum often feign confusion. You've proposed your interlocking truths idea a couple of times now, and each time it's been pointed out that it would not work properly. Even if the lie detector was really a truth detector, a long string of truths that comes back as false doesn't tell us which area is false. We would want certainty of the result, and your suggestion would result in a confusing result.

Daisy has been her usual self, from my observations, always wanting in the know and being something of a bully. If she gets set on an opinion I can vouch that it's hard to get her to change course, so her stubborn refusal to believe the lie detector seems legitamate to me or at least less discrediting than this whole fiasco with Trisha. One thing I think we can all agree with is that this lie-detector thing is probably not a scum action, as I can't see it being very useful except in cases of working as a role-cop of sorts, this means she's either a scum lying about having said device and got caught up in all of excitement, or she's a very very confused and confusing townie. I for one would rather have things straightened out, we lynch her and we get a clear-cut answer, but I'm fine with waiting to hear her clarify her intentions a little more before hand.

Now you're defending Daisy and avoiding a vote.

Well, Trisha is being very stupid. Why claim to have a lie detector, but then say you don't?

I want answers Trisha.

Vote: Trisha (TrumpetKing67)

If all you want is answers, then casting the 9th vote is a mite excessive. If you think she's scum, then it's perfectly reasonable.

I think that Trisha is suspicious, but I am currently more concerneed about Walter's behavior base on the above comments. Trisha has enough votes for now and there is still plenty of time. I will Vote: Walter (Waterbrick Down)

Scum often feign confusion. You've proposed your interlocking truths idea a couple of times now, and each time it's been pointed out that it would not work properly. Even if the lie detector was really a truth detector, a long string of truths that comes back as false doesn't tell us which area is false. We would want certainty of the result, and your suggestion would result in a confusing result.

Ahem, little miss, I can see you're not from around these parts and I'd appreciate if you did a little bit of reading ahead of time. This is the first time I've proposed it in its details and not a single person disagreed with it. You can draw it out yourself, if one person lies about another person lying, that automatically means the other person is telling the truth, Bingo! we've got two people we can make definite conclusions on. Not that it matters much anyways now that it seems like this whole lie detector thing is turning into one big knot of he inferments and impliements.

Now you're defending Daisy and avoiding a vote.

As for Daisy, I see her consistant behavior being no more suspicious, than a certain hedgehog being super paranoid, or your consistant pointing out of people based on stuff that you partially read. If you'd like me to base my vote on these consistencies, I could place a vote for you if it would make you feel better. :classic:

Didn't notice that. Then he's scum too.

Both of you, I'm a moron. :tongue:

Well this is getting REALLY exciting! Does this type of thing always happen in Heartlake? Two horses were killed and now everyone's getting all uppity about a lie detector. We never have things like this happen out in the country.

:laugh:

I think that Trisha is suspicious, but I am currently more concerneed about Walter's behavior base on the above comments. Trisha has enough votes for now and there is still plenty of time. I will Vote: Walter (Waterbrick Down)

*huh* That was a surprise. I didn't expect that at all. After reading all of your points I thought you would've voted for Dansmith.

As for Daisy, I see her consistant behavior being no more suspicious, than a certain hedgehog being super paranoid, or your consistant pointing out of people based on stuff that you partially read. If you'd like me to base my vote on these consistencies, I could place a vote for you if it would make you feel better. :classic:

I'm not being paranoid. Well, maybe a little. Why do you point that out? Is it because you're Scum? Truthfully, I'm only paranoid about being stepped on by a megablocking horse, so let's not call me paranoid until I start to get really crazy later. If I have a later... :sceptic:

I summarized that post for you. OH NO HE IS SUMMARIZING PLEASE LYNCH HIM.

Well, shoot. I didn't see your reply before I commented. I was running late to my next horsey class and didn't have time to refresh concider what you had said... My bad. :blush:

Fred you really suck.

Ugh. I find it quite annoying when you say someone sucks.

Danny, I expected better of you, THE CLAIM IS RIDICULOUS. Because people are just too dumb to get this, let me lay out the problem with this lie detector thing:

A: it's stupid

B: It's still stupid

C: Go read back I gave my reasons earlier.

D: I have to be super serious about a lie detector claim? Go screw yourself.

How did my actions hinder the town? Huh? I don't get that part? All I know is that if it wasnt for me you'd all be sitting in a circle thinking there was a magical lie detector around. Get real. You want something that can be reliably tested? I said I was alinged with the town earlier. Oh, again? Fine: i am alinged with the town. I am town. TOOOOWN. If you investigate me, I will turn up town, If you kill me I will be town. I will be town. Unless I get converted or soem shit, I will end this game as town. Yeah Verify that. Oh wait, the ROLE DOESNT EVEN EXIST.

I don't see how I WAS RIGHT, and now I am under scrutiny for being right about a role that was thought up by Fred. Fred, go smokescreen something else. Like your face, because it's ugly.

I have someone that's spewing megablocks and someone that does not even know left from right voting for me. And Fred. Seriously guys.

I hate to sound like a McCarthyist, but if you're not for the Town, then you're against it, and I didn't see anything Towny about intentionally disregarding the seriousness of those around you.

The formatting of your speech seems rehearsed. I hated it when they kept pointing stuff like that out in the Viking life, but it does seem rehearsed regardless.

So, if Trisha is just bumbling, why does Fred seem to think she's bullshitting us by putting the blame for the false claim on him? Let's look back and see how she responded to the detector "misunderstanding". Hold please...

Well, I don't know about rehearsed, but I take time with my comments usually. That particular comment took forty five minutes or thereabouts to think up in my little horse brain.

I don't know what Fred thinks. I've tried to understand his dynamic with Trisha and it seems to amount to her behaving nooby and Fred giving her way too much help. Neither act seems particularly scummy though to me taken in context. He, behaving like a concerned Towny, attempted to help himself and others figure out what was meant by Trisha's outlandish behavior, who in turn acted as he dictated and then in self-preservation/continued misunderstanding. It's been confusing to say the least, but that's one of the reasons it seems like such a stretch to call it scummy.

Danny. You still haven't explained to us how the case against me is "good". Hard, huh? I know. Because it isn't. That post took you soooo long and this what we got? Shame.

Again, sorry it takes me so long to speak. Also, sorry I take Horsey classes. :hmpf: I can't say the case against you is great, because it's clearly not. It's simply the best case, in my mind, that's been floating around. At the moment, my vote still stands because, even though you've finally cooperated by saying you're Town, there's no real threat to you now even if you're actually the SK because there's really not much of a chance that there is a lie-detector anymore. If a better case shows up, then I'll reconsider my vote, but I feel that of the candidates present (I haven't thought much about Walter yet), that you are the most likely to show up as anti-Town.

Also, sorry about my really negative tone in my last post Daisy. I was a bit annoyed, but I mean you no actual offence.

Dude, I did I say I was town before, smartypants, go look back.

Nope. Every time you avoid it like a lawyer.

Scubacarrot, on 03 December 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

I'm totally scum. Use it on me!

:grin:

Scubacarrot, on 03 December 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

Sorry but this action sounds ridiculous. How would you even use it? If I said something I would not be able to know, would you able to verify that? It seems too contrived, unverifiable and generally a stupid action to have.

I don't think it's real. I think she started it out as a joke and is going to try and use as a means to cover herself, and possibly a teammate, up.

Scubacarrot, on 03 December 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

See, at least the hedgehog agrees with me!

Scubacarrot, on 03 December 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Actually it's probably better if you claim town, instead of scum, because for all we know her action is real, seen stupider things, she verifies me, and I was a serial killer all along and I fooled you all, mwahahahaha. No.

Scubacarrot, on 03 December 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

I am innocent of being a green sailor. Yeah. Verify that.

Scubacarrot, on 03 December 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

I'm with "the Hog".

Hm. I actually swear I said I am town, or something like that in the post where I said It's better to claim town. I worded it differently, it seems. Hm. Whatever.

Hm. I actually swear I said I am town, or something like that in the post where I said It's better to claim town. I worded it differently, it seems. Hm. Whatever.

Well, I went back and those are all the comments you made after we decided to say "I'm innocent" or "I'm Town" and before it was revealed that the whole lie-detector was simply made-up. Go check for yourself, but they're all in the review post from when we had that short black-out in the stables.