Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Hey, Endgame, is Lycan stunned this round too?

Nevermind, answered my own Question.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Well, that was an interesting experience in trippy philosophy...suffice to say, whatever you think Arthur's saying here, it's not quite what you're thinking he's thinking. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Has somebody email notification for the Hall to recover the lost posts? I suspect nobody wants to receive that many notifications but it is worth a try.

The Hall is followed by:

Maybe one of you?

Edited by PsyKater

Sandy's revisions to the Mystic Knight and Berserker. Also, probably a bunch of marketplace stuff.

Brickdoctor is right, the images are hosted on Photobucket, so the revisions still stand. Here's my post again:

Welcome to the game, herrJJ! Great to see more fresh faces around here (not that there's anything wrong with the old

ones, mind you ).

Here are the rebalanced class sheets for Berserker and Mystic Knight, based on your great suggestions:

heroicarules-a-berserker.jpg

Changes made:

- "War Cry" now deals a critical hit on the targetted enemy, in the case that all heroes are already encouraged. Not

nearly as strong as "Frenzy", I know, but the class is powerful enough.

heroicarules-a-mysticknight.jpg

Changes made:

- "Spellspin" is now based on the equipped weapon, so it is no longer a spell. It means that all effects and properties of

the weapon apply to the hits it deals.

- "Enchantment" now takes ether equal to the upgraded equipment, so it will prevent weapons from becoming too

strong too fast. In the long run it also saves ether for the class, since the enchantment won't work as often.

I hope everyone can live with these changes, as they become effective immediately.

Does this mean we can replay the Round where I rolled Damage again against the Aepyornis? :grin:

Yes, I will have to reroll the round. :sadnew:

Yes, I will have to reroll the round. :sadnew:

The rolls were Damage, Hit, (takes Grand Potion) and Mug, I think, if you don't want to reroll.

*hopes the rerolls aren't even worse* :look:

No, wait, that was the last Round. :blush:

Anyone happen to save the posts from the library? It's not a lot, but it was pretty good stuff...

So to say, I have some sort of backup of the Hall from 12/02 11:08 PM (my time zone) to 12/03 12:15 PM (also my time zone). Who wants to have it? :blush:

My browser window was open when I left my PC^^

Post it here! :wink:

Also, Zeph, I thought you said Everyman wanted to talk to the Heroes, Arthur's talked to him twice now and gotten no response. :tongue:

I'm sorry, I keep forgetting. Is this really the second time? I've only seen it once. :blush: I'll respond very shortly!

I'm sorry, I keep forgetting. Is this really the second time? I've only seen it once. :blush: I'll respond very shortly!

First time was during the "time warp". :wink:

Sorry for the bad formatting. I also have a script of my introduction of the character including quoted posts. Perhaps that might helo as well, though it is not everything from yesterdays talk in Hall. I append it after the first "backup" :grin:

5863 replies to this topic

#5851UsernameMDM

·

Member: 4006

Posted Yesterday, 11:18 PM

Pandora, on 02 December 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

"Extremely nice to meet you, Mr Ablesword ... or may I call you Hoke?"

"The pleasure is mine to cherish. As to my name? As the lady wishes."

Check out My Bricklink Store: Username's Brick Bazaar!

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5852Flipz

·

doesn't find waffles amusing

·

Member: 22657

Posted Today, 02:02 AM

Arthur re-enters the hall, the darkness swirling around him like a second cloak. Without hesitation, without even reading the notice, he puts his pen to the parchment, signing up for Quest 53. "There is indeed Chaos in Eubric. But it shall not be shaped to her will."

Arthur spots Atramor standing not too far away. "Atramor! Here!" Arthur lobs his Amethyst to the Witch. "Crown's not been much use so far, but it's still worth hanging on to. Thanks." That particular debt paid, Arthur then spins around and heads for the Marketplace.

RIP Ninjago

2011--2012--2013

Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 17.5 Sorcerer, 20-year-old male Human in Sandy's Heroica RPG!

[sTATS]

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5853CallMePie

·

Hippo Hero

·

Member: 7199

Posted Today, 02:03 AM

Atramor looked up just in time to catch the dark gem.

"Thanks, mate."

Atramor Gibbin, Level 22.33 Witch in Sandy's Heroica RPG

Carl, devoted husband in Darkdragon's Heartlake Heartbreak

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5854Waterbrick Down

·

RIP Scooby Doo

·

Member: 5025

Posted Today, 02:04 AM

Skrall strides back into the hall. Glancing at the quest board he grimaces and signs his name under Quest 53: Chaos In Eubric. Noticing Thothwick's note he unpins the paper and replaces it with a piece of his own before making his way back to the arena. Things were going to get ugly and he'd best be prepared.

For Sale: WP:20 Greatsword/Winged sandals 200 Gold. If interested see Skrall the Ogre.

Walter the Groundskeeper in Darkdragon's Heartlake Heartbreak Mafia

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as Ex-highwayogre:

Skrall, Lv. 22 Ogre Hunter

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5855Tanma

·

·

Member: 20377

Posted Today, 02:06 AM

IC: De'kra returned from the marketplace, with a lot less gold weighing him down. "Arthur I," he began, "I think I...you really think I should become Sorceror? That I ready to wield such raw power?"

"You are more ready than most."

"Yeah, get on with it."

"It won't matter in the end anyway."

De'kra stats

It's a Wrap!" - Ackbar's Snack Bar

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged" - Jaller(Jala)

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5856Flipz

·

·

Posted Today, 03:04 AM

Arthur is stopped at the doorway to the Hall by De'kra. The echo seems hesitant, but strong in accepting his destiny. "Yes, De'kra. You are ready. More ready than most." More ready than I was when I became a Sorcerer. "In fact..." Arthur reaches into his bag, extracting his Scroll of Sealing. "You may find this useful for your training, and beyond. Consider it an investment in your future." Arthur hands De'kra the Scroll with a wink, before settling down in a chair in front of the fire.

RIP Ninjago

2011--2012--2013

Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 17.5 Sorcerer, 20-year-old male Human in Sandy's Heroica RPG!

[sTATS]

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5857Tanma

·

·

Posted Today, 03:08 AM

IC: De'kra gently clasped the scroll, and dipped his head in thanks. "If...if you are sure," he clicked, "If you are gone before I return, good luck on your next quest. Just...be careful if you encounter Wren. I worry she deals not merely in chaos, but in words. And words can be very dangerous if use right."

With that De'kra left for the Training hall.

OOC: the word of the day is clasped apparently, I'm using it all over the place.

De'kra stats

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5858Flipz

·

·

Posted Today, 03:14 AM

Arthur glanced out the window. The air had grown distinctly chillier, and the sun seemed to have set earlier than he had expected. Huh. I wonder...

"Hey, anyone know what day it is?"

RIP Ninjago

2011--2012--2013

[sTATS]

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5859Tanma

·

·

Posted Today, 03:40 AM

IC: De'kra returned to the hall, and greeted Arthur. "Sorry it took while," he clicked, "it was hard to break through. I probably was not ready. So...you ever get I journal back?"

De'kra stats

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5860Flipz

·

·

Posted Today, 06:28 AM

"Oh. Right..." Arthur hands De'kra the Journal back, albeit somewhat nervously. "I...just remembered I've forgotten to say hello to Byblos. I'll be back soon." With that, Arthur heads to the Library.

RIP Ninjago

2011--2012--2013

[sTATS]

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5861Sandy

·

Corrupted and evil

·

Member: 3211

Posted Today, 07:41 AM

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#54 by Waterbrick Down)!~

After a sleepless night, Ellaria came back to the Hall yawning, hoping to find another quest offer. She needed to find another place to live in, but with her current income she couldn't afford anything outside the Hovels.

Seeing the odd request for retrieving a missing piece of cloth, Ellaria shrugged. It seemed like a simple enough task... Without thinking it further, she signed up for Quest #54.

~Now playing as the Druid

Ellaria Arbour in Heroica RPG!~

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5862Zepher

·

BAWK!

·

Member: 3241

Posted Today, 08:18 AM

Boomingham grumbles as he drags himself off of a table. Barty zips around him.

"See what drink does to you?"

Boomingham hardly has the energy to swat the little pest, but he tries his best.

He stumbles lazily across the floor and writes his name under Quest #54. "Anythings better than sitting around here. I need to get out and get something done. Collecting the favor of men in power can't be all that bad of a way to spend time."

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

-also known as-

Matilda in Heartlake Heartbreak

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5863VolcanicPanik

·

Reporting for duty

·

Member: 20078

Posted Today, 12:13 PM

William signs up for Quests 53 and 54

Playing as William Harkenshire, Level 14 Human Ranger in Sandy's Heroica RPG

Harkenshire of Avalonia

FRED DANIEL YAM

45]·

45]·

45]·

#5864PsyKater

·

·

Member: 30022

Posted Today, 12:15 PM

Flare, on 02 December 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

"Malia ten' yulna?"

He notices the dwarf grumbling behind his back and exclaims, "Is anything wrong my dear bearded sir?! Does the elven tongue offend you?"

"Ætti ég að byrja að tala móðurmál mitt? (Soll ich anfangen, meine Muttersprache zu sprechen?) I just think it would be better if we all try to speak the common language. And I fear that some Elves are offended by me. Or something like that. I don't trust you. I can't trust you. Nothing too racist. Just. You Elves are in cahoots together."

Wedge09, on 02 December 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

To the dwarf "Lle quena i’lambe tel’ Eldalie?"

Enough that I know what you want me to ask, my dear., she thinks but remains quiet.

Flare, on 02 December 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

"I doubt the dwarf speaks Elvish."

Wedge09, on 02 December 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

"Yes, but try it costs nothing"

Flare, on 02 December 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

"It could be offensive."

"Hello! I am still here! And I can understand what you say when you speak the common language!" Amma rolls her eyes. Elves aren't that superintellegent they always think they are.

Sandy, on 02 December 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Ellaria looks at the strange dwarf intently.

"Thank you for this insight. There are so many cultures and beliefs in this world that I know nothing about... So your goddess was once a living creature, raised as an object of worship? I've heard stories similar to that about my goddess, Sylvania. Some say she is the almighty Queen of Fairies, residing somewher beyond our realm in the Faerie. But I don't know if that is true. I would probably have to find a way into the Faerie before I could find it out. No, I still have enough faith in my goddess so that no minstrel's tales sway me. Anyway, it was nice chatting with you, Stigveladi. It has been a long day for me, and I must retire."

The druid got up and gave the dwarf a courteous smile before departing. Returning to the emptiness of her room above the apotechary frightened her, but she knew that she would have to go there sooner or later. One must face her inner demons if she wishes to beat them...

Amma was satisfied with her first attempt in communicating with other beings. It turned out that she wasn't out of practice at all. She leans back in her chair, smiling pleased with the last hours, and tries to get some sleep as well.

Sandy, on 03 December 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#54 by Waterbrick Down)!~

After a sleepless night, Ellaria came back to the Hall yawning, hoping to find another quest offer. She needed to find another place to live in, but with her current income she couldn't afford anything outside the Hovels.

Seeing the odd request for retrieving a missing piece of cloth, Ellaria shrugged. It seemed like a simple enough task... Without thinking it further, she signed up for Quest #54.

Amma woke up by some noise at the quest board. She noticed that there were two new quests. She yawns and jiggles over to the board. A big quest for experienced Heroes. Again. Nothing for me. And the other one? Hmm... sounds short and easy. Maybe I can offer my abilities there., she thinks and writes her name under the other two names, signing up for Quest 54. Oh, Ellaria wants to join the quest as well. Maybe we will go together.

After that, Amma leaves the Hall once again to see more of Eubric. On her way out she bumps into another elf, all darkgreen and bright hair. Here has to be a nest somewhere, so many Elves. Wonder if I met HER again as well.

Edited by PsyKater, Today, 12:16 PM.

- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ], a.k.a.

Katie in Darkdragon's

Heartlake Stables Mafia Game

Stigveladi Kötturin, formerly known as "Amma",

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently running through Eubric's Centre]

Learn more about my participations in EB Games on

my profile page!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Got Questions? Need help? New member?

Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ | Repair broken TinySRC pictures!

Introduction of Nessa Anárion (the indents are the quoted posts):

There was a loud rant outside the Great Hall. With a shattering sound the doors flung open and an elven Ranger entered. By the power of the kick the doors clashed to the walls and fell back into the lock. With a trembling voice she called, so that everyone could here it:” „Ëas massë?#

Alexander sees a new Elf entering in the Hall: "Hey, are you new here?? Would you like to take a drink??"

"I don't have time for this!" she answered the elf talking to her. Nessa looked around this kind of great tavern. She had no clue where she was. In a rushed tone she asked: "Have you seen a dwarf? He must be here around. Certainly he just arrived shortly."

Hearing this, Thalion turned and saw an unfamiliar face at the doors of the Hall.
"Hello friend! You look like you have traveled much in a short time; sit down with us, relax and tell us who is it you are looking for!?"

Another elf? She hadn't seen that many of her kind in years... since it happend. Why are they that kindly? With an uncertain voice she answered while still standing: "There was a dwarf. I followed him for weeks now! He stole a very precious gift of mine. Tell me, have you seen him?" With a harsh tone she added: "Be quick. I'm in a hurry!"

"The only dwarf just arrived is Stigveladi Kötturin, but I think will not be very willing to discuss, at least not with an elf. Also there is no need to have all this haste."

"What does he look like? And I think it is my thing in which state I am!" She felt even more uncertain. Those people here - they were... different. No, that could not be. Watch out, stupid girl, noone is good.

Atramor chuckled, struggling to recall anyone other than Docken or Skrall using a bow and
not
being an elf.

She noticed that strange guys smirk. "You there, human!" She said most avertedly. "What do you know?"

"I know that you sound like you need a drink. Chill out, damn,"
suggested Atramor, rolling his eyes.

"I don't want a drink. I don't need a drink. All I need is that little thievish dwarf!" She nearly lost her mind. All the things she had to go through. She nearly had no strength left for these kind of discussions. The memories returned. And it hurt. Painful she closed her eyes.

Seeing the uspet elf, Alexander tries to reason with her, saying
"You really need to calm down. As Atramor says, take a break, have a drink and, if you want, tell us a little about your story"

It was too much. She searched a nearby place to sit down. Helpless, with all her anger, pain and thoughts of vengeance, she lowered her voice when she started to speak: "I lived with my family in the northern woods. We were living in a small settlement with some other elves. We separated from our clan quite a lot of time ago, my mother told me. I never knew why, but I never cared about it. She often told me about ancient times, when the elven clans were living united and in perfect harmony.

One day I was away from home gathering some fruit and mushroom. I was very excited; it was my first trip alone. On my way back home I had a strange feeling. I didn’t knew what it was but it made my mind shake."

She paused. All that memories returned to her mind. She had to swallow. The past was hard to describe. More to herself than the others around her, Nessa continued:

"When I came near the houses I realized smoke rising through the treetops. I started to run home. As I arrived at our shelter I saw it; and it shocked me. Everything was burnt down. My father was dead; executed by a sword. Then I saw her. My mother was lying on the ground. She perceived me and her face lit up. “I’m glad to see you for my last sight. Don’t worry; we will go to the great halls of our ancestors. We will meet there; in peace and harmony.” I started to cry. “Hush, my little girl. You have to be strong now. Here, take this gem – and keep it in remembrance of your origin.” With her last breath she gave me the bijou. It was an Opal – and it became my precious."

Her mind cleared up. With tears in her eyes she said: "This gem has been stolen; by a dwarf!"

Alexander heard all the story of the new elf and says:
"I'm really sorry for what happened to you but I think the dwarf that stolen the Opal wouldn't certainly come here, in a Hall full of brave heroes. Here you can search for glory and treasure partecipatig in Quest and maybe find your precious Opal. I hope to be helpful and take a drink, it helps."

"I am not interested in glory or treasures or... quests. And I don't know what drives a corrupted mind. I don't know why this dwarf came here. But I really need to find him. As soon as possible. This artefact - it's all I have left; the last memory of my family. So please, if there is anything you might tell me, I'd be really grateful for telling me." She gave up. It felt like she never would get it back. Her anger about the dwarf grew even more. Her hopeless situation was about to break her will.

EDIT: even copy paste is nothing for beginners (bold text reformatted)

Welcome to the game, herrJJ! Great to see more fresh faces around here (not that there's anything wrong with the old

ones, mind you ).

Thank you, Sandy :laugh:

Edited by herrJJ

I was just trying to post that I love how Quests can take completely unexpected turns following Guts's hit on the Guardsman. As a QM, you can plan and decide the optimum courses of action for the party but it's great seeing stuff happen that isn't something you'd considered. But now it's gone. Scuba, feel free to try and hit him again! It did make me smile.

Does anyone know if Xarrzan is away or something like that? This is his last post from Oct 22. Just wondering.

Edited by PsyKater

It's funny how any quest I go on, my character argues with everyone. Maybe I should start a busniness in creating conflict for people to develop their heroe's backstory. I can't be doing it right... Sarge has hardly any backstory! Just wondering? Yes, I have read the theatre thread./ Anyone got any tips or sort of criticisms on my Arguing roleplaying?

Edited by Skyrimguy

>_< Upon re-reading the Sentinel battle in Q51, I realized the Automaton would have been at 25 Health when it died (thanks to Mirror Damage), meaning just one more hit would have killed it.

...or wait, does Mirror Damage take into account the user's SP, the enemy's Defense, or both? If it only takes into account the user's SP, then it would have been at 11 Health. >_<

Also, once I fix my Gold for my purchases, I encourage everyone to take a look at my Hero Stats--there are a few changes that you might find interesting... :wink:

>_< Upon re-reading the Sentinel battle in Q51, I realized the Automaton would have been at 25 Health when it died (thanks to Mirror Damage), meaning just one more hit would have killed it.

Damn it. It's funny, because I knew I was going to forget that roll when I chose you. :wall::blush:

You can remove that misc. stuff. That was just for me to keep track of what you had in-Quest.

Edited by CallMePie

Does anyone know if Xarrzan is away or something like that? This is his last post from Oct 22. Just wondering.

I think he is a friend of Jeb, (possibly a second account(?)) And Jeb is gone.

Damn it. It's funny, because I knew I was going to forget that roll when I chose you. :wall::blush:

You can remove that misc. stuff. That was just for me to keep track of what you had in-Quest.

It's OK, Zeph forgot it in 38 as well. In fact...has any QM remembered the Mirror Damage roll? (*decides to leaf through 28 again*) :tongue:

Arthur never gets rid of anything, especially not important papers or costumes. :tongue:

EDIT: It appears that WBD, as awesome as usual, consistently remembered Mirror Damage instead of Damage. :grin:

Edited by Flipz

It's OK, Zeph forgot it in 38 as well. In fact...has any QM remembered the Mirror Damage roll? (*decides to leaf through 28 again*) :tongue:

Arthur never gets rid of anything, especially not important papers or costumes. :tongue:

I would have had a certain lucky mage ever rolled Mirror Damage. :angry:

Also, since when is stealing people's clothes an important thing. :tongue:

Edited by Waterbrick Down

I would have had a certain lucky mage ever rolled Mirror Damage. :angry:

Take Arthur out sometime, even when he's Lucky, he manages to roll Special Damage... :hmpf:

Also, since when is stealing people's clothes an important thing. :tongue:

Since Quest 31 and the Lion Knight disguises. :wink::tongue:

I refuse to include any extra tricks until my special guard works.

But also, this is why you guys have to watch me. :tongue::blush:

Brickdoctor, consider my desire to one-up you quenched. :tongue: