Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Day One: Heart to Heart

Wow, what a day. I cannot believe that somebody is in fact killing horses. I mean all these horses have not been important, they were no competition for my Danny, my love :wub:

But this scum will not consider killing my dear horse, will they? We have to stop them!

Jimmy, if I hear you complaining again, I'll ensure you're on stable clean-out duty for the next six months.

It is indeed depressing to see such beautiful beasts treated with such cruelty, but I am confident we will find the depraved individuals that did this.

Oh my you are a manly man! your chest hair is poking through your lovely yellow shirt!

Oh wow, I hear the echo's too. I hardly ever hear echoes out on my ranch.

You don't think one of the other horses was involved, do you? I mean, a horse is a horse, of course. Of course! And no one can talk to a horse, of course, but we DO have talking horses here, so this is all REALLY weird! I can't imagine a horse would want to kill another horse, though. Oh dear, that would just be unthinkable. I can't imagine it. It must be one of the others here, but who?

Oh wow, I hear the echo's too. I hardly ever hear echoes out on my ranch.

You don't think one of the other horses was involved, do you? I mean, a horse is a horse, of course. Of course! And no one can talk to a horse, of course, but we DO have talking horses here, so this is all REALLY weird! I can't imagine a horse would want to kill another horse, though. Oh dear, that would just be unthinkable. I can't imagine it. It must be one of the others here, but who?

What do you mean one of the other horses? For all we know it could have been multiple horses! But I'd never murder any of my fellows horses anyway, I love all of them dearly. Now, it's not up to me to say the same about the other two horses, but I wish I could.

I'm still in shock that someone would kill a poor horsie! I hope no other horses will be harmed Maybe we should train them to run fast if they see someone suspicious coming near them!

My my, this is indeed a tragic turn of events. I'm just thankful my dear Wild Dragon is alright, I have no idea what I'd do if something were to happen to him!

I noticed the fence could do with some fixing up, if nobody minds I can try a bit of repair work. Um, feel free to join me Carl, y'know, if you want. :blush: Like old times. :wink:

I noticed the fence could do with some fixing up, if nobody minds I can try a bit of repair work. Um, feel free to join me Carl, y'know, if you want. :blush: Like old times. :wink:

Sounds fun.

In a way that's completely expected when you're repairing fences, of course.... :blush:

While I agree with everyone that horses are beautiful creatures that only a monster could kill, I do say they should be admired from a distance. Hooves have a tendency to crush hedgehog brains when they're not being careful. :look: But lovely creatures, yes.

OK, everyone! Whoever is atrociously horrid enough to kill these sweet, beautiful horses. I brought another expirement. If we feed it to everyone, it should work as a lie detector. A communication-with-the-spirits treat is also in the works. Unfortunately, there is about a 15% chance of both treats working. And my lie detector treats taste very foul, and may cause severe vomiting when eaten. But that's what veterinarians are for! If anyone gets sick, just see me! Humans are animals too, you know.

:look: What the hell are you talking about?

Are you suggesting all horses should be exonerated from suspicion? As a talking hedgehog, I know many multisyllabic words. :blush: Hedgehog brains are genius, but you'd never know until one of is given the gift of speech. Anyway, I'm not a fan of your suggestion. I doubt all horses are innocent here. When a human is murdered, do the investigators take all humans off the suspect list? :hmpf: Come on...

OK, everyone! Whoever is atrociously horrid enough to kill these sweet, beautiful horses. I brought another expirement. If we feed it to everyone, it should work as a lie detector. A communication-with-the-spirits treat is also in the works. Unfortunately, there is about a 15% chance of both treats working. And my lie detector treats taste very foul, and may cause severe vomiting when eaten. But that's what veterinarians are for! If anyone gets sick, just see me! Humans are animals too, you know.

*huh*:oh: are you ok? Has a horse hit kicked you in the head?

I can't imagine a horse would want to kill another horse, though. Oh dear, that would just be unthinkable. I can't imagine it. It must be one of the others here, but who?

Why not?

Taking out the competition ahead of the big race.makes sense to me!

We must find the killer(s);

Two horses were killed in one night it seems. That seems to be what the events from the night of the crime show. So, does that mean we are up against more than one threat? In these games...of life, I'm willing to bet the things we saw mean there is more than one threat. However, I would always imagine we would consider that there were killers as the "Scum" of life often come in groups. So, the way you've phrased your concern "killer(s)", possibly more than one, makes me concerned about your point of view. Are you Scum stuck in the mindset that it's just the royal "you", singular, against the rest of us? and there may be another thread that you are not yet aware of? Or are you some sort of serial killer who knows that the murders were committed by more than one particular threat?

Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I'm trying to see if there's anything to work off of with what we've seen so far...

When a human is murdered, do the investigators take all humans off the suspect list? :hmpf: Come on...

Don't we? That's how I've always seen it done in my dreams! That one time when there was a talking camel, I knew it was him because he was the only non-human. Duh! And look at all the hats he wore. Of course... in the end, it wasn't him. :hmpf_bad: I think...

Oh, sorry, to better clarify, I dream about situations where mafia people kill normal people and normal people try to catch them and kill them back. A dreary life of cooking and cleaning on the farm can lead to some crazy dreams. :sweet: The book I read on psychology told me so. I read a lot of books because I'm bored all the time. But I of course do my work first!

I'm impressed by all the big words this Hedgehog knows! Mr. Hedgehog, would you prefer applesauce, or sausages, or perhaps some fried potatoes? You seem like you need some energy in case you want to put on some plays later. Hedgehogs are infamous for putting on plays.

As for you grasping at straws... yes, perhaps. There's rarely anything to go on in the first day of any of my dreams. You have to hope someone says something silly due to inattention! There was this one dream I had with some megablock werewolf who said something similar to this on the first day. So perhaps this warrants follow up at least. Light a fire under everyone's arses, and I'll light a fire under the pan. For the aforementioned sausages. Aforementioned. Is that an impressive word, Mr. Hedgehog?

Yes, sausages are good. That will do fine. I do know a lot of words because I have a computer. I've been smart for some time, long before I could talk. :grin: That will help me write my plays later. It has a thesaurus and a spell check. I will have to find a new naming convention for characters. Although, I have no reason to write a play as of yet. :cry_sad: Let's hope someone gives me a reason to. Hedgehogs can hardly survive unless they can write plays! :sweet:

Oscar and Dave, I work as a veterinarian. I'm the reason you talk, Oscar, the cute little Intro comic even says so. I have been expirementing some treats, and I mentioned the ones I have brought with me.

I think what Trisha might be talking about is a thing called a one-shot lie detector. How she got her hands on police equipment, I can't say. If that is what she has, all town should make a statement she can verify. It's easy, just say this:

I'm innocent.

If that's what she has. Otherwise, she's just talking crazy.

Two horses were killed in one night it seems. That seems to be what the events from the night of the crime show. So, does that mean we are up against more than one threat? In these games...of life, I'm willing to bet the things we saw mean there is more than one threat. However, I would always imagine we would consider that there were killers as the "Scum" of life often come in groups. So, the way you've phrased your concern "killer(s)", possibly more than one, makes me concerned about your point of view. Are you Scum stuck in the mindset that it's just the royal "you", singular, against the rest of us? and there may be another thread that you are not yet aware of? Or are you some sort of serial killer who knows that the murders were committed by more than one particular threat?

Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I'm trying to see if there's anything to work off of with what we've seen so far...

That's actually quite possible. I've scoured the rules, and I can't find a "don't look for hints in the pictures" rule anywhere, which I'd imagine would generally be a useful thing to have. :look: Maybe Julia's expert photography is hiding some sinister secrets?

In any case, it's too early to be speculating about the number of kills, and even if we can reach a solid conclusion about it, it won't help us very much today.

Your point on Dave is an interesting one, however, and while it's not something to break out the pitchforks for, I think it's worth keeping in mind. Scum knows more than town, and is more likely to slip up and fall flat on their faces while the paparazzi all humiliate them with photos in the middle of a Los Angeles Chili's.

As for grasping at straws, I don't think it's really a problem at this point - there's nothing going on, and we need to start somewhere. Anyone who would condemn straw grasping has obviously never experienced how much fun can be had with said straw. :sweet:

I like straws. :sweet:

Actually, my expirements are just cookies. I bake them, and cover them in specially made Truth Sprinkles that serve as a lie detiector. I call them expirements because they sound more sciency. While the sprinkles only work when the cookie is perfect, and can be vomit-inducing, It works pretty well. So no, noyt crazy, just an aspiring baker! :grin: Actually, I have a batch of non-sprinkled ready right now! Anybody interested?

Neigh! I have no intention of letting any scummy scumsters touch my fine black hide. A grooming sounds fantastic though, first person to volunteer gets to touch my rippling muscles! :wub: Might take you for a ride later if you do a good job of it.

Recovered Posts (in order of entry)

8233177635_9e6c55f5fb_s.jpg

I am still confused that all these animals can speak now. And understand me.

I am so proud of you Danny! Or do you prefer to be called Dansmith? You are just the best.

8233177977_6f55f2d20f_s.jpg

Is it time to vote?

8233177551_56b94714da_s.jpg

While sad, it's also interesting that only horses have turned up dead. Do you think a horse killer would target humans? I know the obvious conclusion is 'of course, scummy people like horse killers kill regardless of one's character', but what if it's different? I didn't want to bring this up earlier for fear of being pounced on for having a theory that goes against the norm in situations like these, but it's the only thing on my mind right now worth mentioning. Except Carl, he's worth mentioning... :blush: O h, was that out loud? Er, back to this fence then... :blush:

8233177635_9e6c55f5fb_s.jpg

Is it time to vote?

Why are you so eager to vote yet? Do you have any clues who has killed our beloved horses? Or do you just want to start off some scummy move? Heh?

Actually, my expirements are just cookies. I bake them, and cover them in specially made Truth Sprinkles that serve as a lie detiector. I call them expirements because they sound more sciency. While the sprinkles only work when the cookie is perfect, and can be vomit-inducing, It works pretty well. So no, noyt crazy, just an aspiring baker! :grin: Actually, I have a batch of non-sprinkled ready right now! Anybody interested?

You make strange announcements. Are you sure you are a doctor? Maybe you are in need of one.

8231802956_398cce77d6_s.jpg

I would really have no idea who to vote for today, it's just a tiny bit distressing that it seems we're required to without the benefit of any useful information. Is it possible to have useful information at this point? If so, I hope someone will share, otherwise we'll just have to guess based on what we've seen so far.

Neigh! I have no intention of letting any scummy scumsters touch my fine black hide. A grooming sounds fantastic though, first person to volunteer gets to touch my rippling muscles! :wub: Might take you for a ride later if you do a good job of it.

I was looking at your firm black ... hide earlier and could see just how tense you are. Why don't we go somewhere a little quieter and enjoy a bit of comfort in these trying times. :wink:

Why are you so eager to vote yet? Do you have any clues who has killed our beloved horses? Or do you just want to start off some scummy move? Heh?

:hmpf:

I'm a law enforcement official. Making sure things are coming along alright is my whole bag.

Are you suggesting not voting? It's the law that we do so. And on top of that, it's common sense. We have nothing to go on in future days without a voting record. And by all means, as we have nothing to go on, the sooner we get it started, the more time we'll have to get feedback from everyone else and try to work things in a sensible direction, if that's possible.

Or maybe that's just the donuts and coffee talking. :wacko:

Actually, right now, I'd like to hear more from Trisha about this supposed lie detector kit. I'm assuming it's not a trick since it's way too early for scum to be fake claiming... Though this is the first I've heard about Heartlake having one, and it would be unlikely to be duplicated. Still, this baking story seems just wacky enough to be true.

8234646530_b8bd152088_s.jpg

I am so proud of you Danny! Or do you prefer to be called Dansmith? You are just the best.

:grin: I love it when people talk to me and tell me things! You can call me Danny, Dan, Dansmith, Cutie, Horsey, Adorable, Late to Dinner, or any combination of names! :wub: You're the best!

Actually, right now, I'd like to hear more from Trisha about this supposed lie detector kit. I'm assuming it's not a trick since it's way too early for scum to be fake claiming... Though this is the first I've heard about Heartlake having one, and it would be unlikely to be duplicated. Still, this baking story seems just wacky enough to be true.

I am of somewhat the same mind. It's hard to tell whether she's being serious or just babbling. If it's the former, why has she said anything? Baking's the kind of thing one ought to keep to oneself and after time to those one trusts. It's most certainly not the sort of thing one states in public though. If it's the later, then why has she said anything of this sort at all. Things are serious now. 2 of my best friends are dead! A bit of joking and chatter is fine and expected, but giving us all false hope just makes me sad and confused. :cry_sad::wacko: I am somewhat inclined to believe it is the later, but it's still very confusing.

I am of somewhat the same mind. It's hard to tell whether she's being serious or just babbling. If it's the former, why has she said anything? Baking's the kind of thing one ought to keep to oneself and after time to those one trusts. It's most certainly not the sort of thing one states in public though. If it's the later, then why has she said anything of this sort at all. Things are serious now. 2 of my best friends are dead! A bit of joking and chatter is fine and expected, but giving us all false hope just makes me sad and confused. :cry_sad::wacko: I am somewhat inclined to believe it is the later, but it's still very confusing.

My first thought was that she's just young, and doesn't really know what it is she can do.

On the off-chance that she's telling the truth, I'd like to propose this idea to everyone again , since it was ignored the first time: everyone say "I'm innocent" publicly.

Like this:

I'm innocent

If she has a lie-detector, she'll be able to check any of us anytime. That's the law and order way to do these things. And it's the least you can do while you're not voting.

Please.

8234240132_3ec669d0da_s.jpg

8:01am

I walked right into that one; it is not however impossible (however unlikely) that last night's murders were committed by 1 individual acting on behalf of others (as it has been seen in these games of life), and therefore my "killer vs. Killers" reference is accurate.

I understand the need to explore every little detail on the first day but know this; I love horses, they are my bread and butter without them there is no me and without me there is no them winning races; they need me as much as I need them and I would NEVER EVER hurt a horse, or a human for that matter.

My first thought was that she's just young, and doesn't really know what it is she can do.

On the off-chance that she's telling the truth, I'd like to propose this idea to everyone again , since it was ignored the first time: everyone say "I'm innocent" publicly.

Like this:

I'm innocent

If she has a lie-detector, she'll be able to check any of us anytime. That's the law and order way to do these things. And it's the least you can do while you're not voting.

Please.

While I think she's just babbling, I agree that taking chances is ill-advised:

I am a Townie. I am innocent.

8234239902_a838383e4c_s.jpg

Thank you, Fred. I do have a detector. It is incredibly important for everybody here to give a phrase such as "I'm innocent" to the detector right now in order for it to give us results, though.

Here is everything I was talking about. Although I do suppose that those are my Talking-Apple treats....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8341/8234533336_d246b48fd3_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8200/8234533382_bbeab10b39_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8198/8234533426_521eeb9896_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8202/8233470973_9939f57abe_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8064/8234533508_c1f740f1db_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8070/8234533564_571f51efef_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8234533602_5ce18ea7b4_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8480/8234533632_a97f46c056_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8206/8234239902_a838383e4c_t.jpg

Trisha

Trisha is the top veterinarian in the city. After moving here a few years ago, she has helped many of Heartlake's animal friends recover and stay healthy. Everyone in the city loves her and her office is always busy. She's also known for creating new medicines and bandaging techniques to quicken recovery and even help older animals with better alertness.

The Heartlake lie detector test:

Oscar (Hinckley)

Wild Dragon (Dragonator)

Dansmith IV (Dannylonglegs) claimed

Patty (DarthPotato)

Carl (CallMePie)

Walter (WaterbrickDown)

Dave (Piratedave84)

Fred (def) claimed

Cece (Cecilie)

Daisy (Scubacarrot)

Trisha (TrumpetKing67) claimed lie detector

Ginny (Captain Genaro)

Tammy (Tamamono)

Penny (VolcanicPanik)

Shadell (Shadows)

Billie (badboytje88)

Amy (iamded)

Katie (PsyKater)

Zara (zakura)

Heather (fhomess)

Matilda (Zepher)

Sara (TheBoyWonder)

Jane (JackJonespaw)

Jimmy (JimButcher)

Mike (Bob)

I hope you'll all cooperate. I'd hate to break out the pepper spray :sweet:

8234239796_18dc8ae963_s.jpg

You can now vote.

8232301613_1f803b2ae5_s.jpg

I think what Trisha might be talking about is a thing called a one-shot lie detector. How she got her hands on police equipment, I can't say. If that is what she has, all town should make a statement she can verify. It's easy, just say this:

I'm innocent.

If that's what she has. Otherwise, she's just talking crazy.

OK, I'll play along. I'm an innocent Townie.

Am I lying, doctor?

Oscar and Dave, I work as a veterinarian. I'm the reason you talk, Oscar, the cute little Intro comic even says so. I have been expirementing some treats, and I mentioned the ones I have brought with me.

What? :wacko:

As for grasping at straws, I don't think it's really a problem at this point - there's nothing going on, and we need to start somewhere. Anyone who would condemn straw grasping has obviously never experienced how much fun can be had with said straw. :sweet:

I like straws. :sweet:

Me too. My favorite types are bendy or twisty. And I like sucking milk shakes.

Good to hear that you're noyt crazy. Now, what the megabluck are you talking about? Excuse my potty mouth. I learned English from the internet. I'm interested, but if they're non-sprinkled, then they're just vomit inducing and that doesn't sound fun.

I think you should fully explain what the hell you've been talking about.

The other horses do have a motive, as well as opportunity.

OK, horse-mind-reader, what was their motive? :look:

Don't let it vex you for too long. I don't think it's anything meant for you to mull over for too long.

While sad, it's also interesting that only horses have turned up dead. Do you think a horse killer would target humans? I know the obvious conclusion is 'of course, scummy people like horse killers kill regardless of one's character', but what if it's different? I didn't want to bring this up earlier for fear of being pounced on for having a theory that goes against the norm in situations like these, but it's the only thing on my mind right now worth mentioning. Except Carl, he's worth mentioning... :blush: O h, was that out loud? Er, back to this fence then... :blush:

:hmpf:

I would really have no idea who to vote for today, it's just a tiny bit distressing that it seems we're required to without the benefit of any useful information. Is it possible to have useful information at this point? If so, I hope someone will share, otherwise we'll just have to guess based on what we've seen so far.

What is this? Is this your first day at life? :wacko: What are you expecting? God to come down and point the finger at a Scum and say "Vote for this person!" You think someone has info to share on Day One? What a very odd thing for you to say.

Oh, what's this? A note!

Hi Oscar,

You don't know me but you will. My name is Lady Dolores. I leave notes that you should always listen to. Right now I'm just going to say "Don't start this shit." Otherwise, you're so adorable. I hope you don't run your mouth and get killed on the first night. You're just too sweet to lose so soon.

Kissy-Kissums,

Lady Dolores

That's weird. Some invisible lady has a thing for hedgehogs. :wacko:

I'd like to hear more about that too.

Ping.

I didn't ignore it! Hedgehogs are notoriously observant! :sweet:

I walked right into that one; it is not however impossible (however unlikely) that last night's murders were committed by 1 individual acting on behalf of others (as it has been seen in these games of life), and therefore my "killer vs. Killers" reference is accurate.

Nobody is denying the accuracy of the statement. I just wanted to point out that the futility of pointing out the obvious could be that you are in a different mindset than the Town. I think the Town should note that. If you're Scum, just ignore it. :sweet:

Thank you, Fred. I do have a detector. It is incredibly important for everybody here to give a phrase such as "I'm innocent" to the detector right now in order for it to give us results, though.

It's hard to breath in all the shit you're stirring for yourself here... :hmpf_bad:

Seeing that recap of this morning's events, I'm wondering if there are two teams of scum. I'm sure there is a reason why two horses died, and it would be a hint that there are two sides.

Since if there were two groups against us (the town), I'm wondering the numbers. If there were two groups, speaking as a law enforcement officer with an interest in the history of crime, I would assume there would be two groups of four, making it 17 (or 16 and a psychopath) members of town. If the lie detector works, that could give us about a one in three chance of nabbing someone on day one, and better if we put our heads together.

OK, I'll play along. I'm an innocent Townie.

Am I lying, doctor?

The lie detector is usually a one-off ability. And if in this case it isn't, I'd like Trisha to claim it's a one-off ability . She won't be able to tell us all if we're true, but it's better to give her the choice of who to check.

Well, I meant to say the sprinkles are vomit-inducing, but as you have so kindly pointed out, it may be read a complete;y different way.

That's true, Fred. It is a one-off ability. And I meant to say completely.

Seeing that recap of this morning's events, I'm wondering if there are two teams of scum. I'm sure there is a reason why two horses died, and it would be a hint that there are two sides.

Possible, but why not a serial killer?

Since if there were two groups against us (the town), I'm wondering the numbers. If there were two groups, speaking as a law enforcement officer with an interest in the history of crime, I would assume there would be two groups of four, making it 17 (or 16 and a psychopath) members of town. If the lie detector works, that could give us about a one in three chance of nabbing someone on day one, and better if we put our heads together.

Conversation is good, but I'm not sure what this speculation really helps us. However, if we're to entertain this, I would imagine each group has three members. If our situation is going to be congruous with history, then we'll be up against 25% of us as the informed minority. Two groups of four gives us an enemy the size of ~ 33% of us.

The lie detector is usually a one-off ability. And if in this case it isn't, I'd like Trisha to claim it's a one-off ability . She won't be able to tell us all if we're true, but it's better to give her the choice of who to check.

I have never heard of this ability before. I shall go do some research on my computer since I'm the smartest hedgehog here. :sweet:

Each Night the Lie Detector sends the Moderator a post or statement made by another player, and the Moderator tells the Lie Detector whether that other player was telling the truth when they made that post.

A sample use of this power would be to find out whether a role claim is true or not. However, trying to use this ability on something that cannot be verified objectively (i.e. whether someone was telling the truth when they said that a wall of text was a waste of time) the moderator will likely just say "I don't know".

Lie Detectors tend to be Town, and also tend to be X-Shot.

Town-aligned Lie Detectors can easily translate themselves into Cops simply by forcing each player to say "I am aligned with the Town". Thus, they are not seen often at all.

If the Doctor is telling the truth, perhaps she should shut her mouth about it if she's supposed to do this Action at night. God's sake, at least we've given the protector a likely target.

Fred, why do you want her to claim it's a one-shot ability? Seems a bit control freaky to me. If you think she'd be lying if she said it wasn't a one-shot, then aren't you giving her too much of an out to be telling her exactly what you need her to say to believe you? :wacko:

Just trying to figure out the strategy, not being a dick. Hedgehogs are notoriously nice and non-confrontational. :blush:

8233177533_0b790855c8_s.jpg

I'm totally scum. Use it on me!

:grin:

That's true, Fred. It is a one-off ability. And I meant to say completely.

:hmpf_bad: While I don't think the Scum would attempt such a risky and exposing gambit on Day One, this is all seeming rather convenient to me... Also, if one was coaching the other, the coaching probably wouldn't be happening in thread, but behind the scenes. Also, this would be an easy Action to fake if there is only one Scum team and they know who is likely to be telling the truth. A little theory about there being two Scum teams might make that gambit seem less possible. Then again, if there are two Scum teams and there are four members and they need to find each other, this sort of public gambit would be the way to find each other.

Hedgehogs are also notoriously vocally paranoid.

Paranoid ramblings aside, this is giving us a lot to work off of. Not for votes, but for starting to figure out who to trust. It'd be nice to have these two verified quickly to confirm if they are working for the Town. But, it is nice to see people out there and doing things. I hate life when people just sit around and wait for stuff to happen. I think this is off to a very good start. :thumbup:

Sorry but this action sounds ridiculous. How would you even use it? If I said something I would not be able to know, would you able to verify that? It seems too contrived, unverifiable and generally a stupid action to have.

I don't think it's real. I think she started it out as a joke and is going to try and use as a means to cover herself, and possibly a teammate, up.

See, at least the hedgehog agrees with me!

Possible, but why not a serial killer?

Because I doubt a SK would have the same predilection for horses... and that God, in their infinite wisdom, loves to tease details. We'll know a lot more on day two, if and when a SK appears. They always appear in these situations it seems.

Conversation is good, but I'm not sure what this speculation really helps us. However, if we're to entertain this, I would imagine each group has three members. If our situation is going to be congruous with history, then we'll be up against 25% of us as the informed minority. Two groups of four gives us an enemy the size of ~ 33% of us.

If there are two groups, then they are working at odds with each other. They are not united against us. So, it would be 65% against two teams of 18% each. Which is fair, and possibly unfair against the scum among us, since they will have to go against the other side.

It's all hypothesising, but fair to make on this first day. Who knows if I'll even be around tomorrow to share my thoughts. I think it's good to get these things out in the open for the sake of the Katies.

Oscar (Hinckley) claimed

Wild Dragon (Dragonator)

Patty (DarthPotato)

Carl (CallMePie)

Walter (WaterbrickDown)

Dave (Piratedave84)

Fred (def) claimed

Cece (Cecilie)

Daisy (Scubacarrot) claimed scum

Ginny (Captain Genaro)

Tammy (Tamamono)

Penny (VolcanicPanik)

Shadell (Shadows)

Billie (badboytje88)

Amy (iamded)

Katie (PsyKater)

Zara (zakura)

Heather (fhomess)

Matilda (Zepher)

Sara (TheBoyWonder)

Jane (JackJonespaw)

Jimmy (JimButcher)

Mike (Bob)

Actually it's probably better if you claim town, instead of scum, because for all we know her action is real, seen stupider things, she verifies me, and I was a serial killer all along and I fooled you all, mwahahahaha. No.

8233177797_5fbc1f176c_s.jpg

I am the towniest of town.

Please.

This seems crazy, but you did say please and if there is some value to this, it would be silly to pass up the opportunity.

I'm innocent

What is this? Is this your first day at life? :wacko: What are you expecting? God to come down and point the finger at a Scum and say "Vote for this person!" You think someone has info to share on Day One? What a very odd thing for you to say.

You're a snarky little thing, aren't you? Oh well, at least you're adorable and probably not used to having proper manners since you've spent most of your life unable to even speak. I guess we can overlook that since you are obviously trying.

As for my comment, it isn't odd at all. I think it's entirely possible that someone could take action during the day and learn something and if they did, I'd much rather we followed that lead before simply jumping to a conclusion based on what people are saying. We all know the success rate of that. Except maybe talking hedgehogs, naturally, so you're excused you cute little thing.

That is not claiming innocent, and it's also my copyright, so you'll never be able to show cooperation with that.

Vote: Billie (bob)

Not aiming for a lynch here, but completely ignoring all that's gone on in thread is the closest thing to an anchor town has so far.

Actually it's probably better if you claim town, instead of scum, because for all we know her action is real, seen stupider things, she verifies me, and I was a serial killer all along and I fooled you all, mwahahahaha. No.

It's a good point. I'll take you off the list, since it could be a SK trick. Cooperate or not, that's the best thing to do :wink:

Oscar (Hinckley) claimed

Wild Dragon (Dragonator)

Patty (DarthPotato)

Carl (CallMePie)

Walter (WaterbrickDown)

Dave (Piratedave84)

Fred (def) claimed

Cece (Cecilie)

Daisy (Scubacarrot) won't claim

Ginny (Captain Genaro)

Tammy (Tamamono)

Penny (VolcanicPanik)

Shadell (Shadows) Claimed

Billie (badboytje88)

Amy (iamded)

Katie (PsyKater)

Zara (zakura)

Heather (fhomess)

Matilda (Zepher)

Sara (TheBoyWonder)

Jane (JackJonespaw)

Jimmy (JimButcher)

Mike (Bob) won't claim

Here is the 411 on the lie-detector, which, and I quote, tends to be a limited use role.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lie_Detector

Fred just dropped some science on you, yo :excited:

I like your thought processes so far, but here's where I disagree with your reasoning...well, maybe not disagree but here are some other possibilities for you to consider:

Because I doubt a SK would have the same predilection for horses... and that God, in their infinite wisdom, loves to tease details. We'll know a lot more on day two, if and when a SK appears. They always appear in these situations it seems.

But Heartlake is obsessed with horses and God knows that the story being about horses being killed would make a nice start. She is a story writer after all. Is it likely the Scum is to continue to kill only horses? Do they Scum have to kill all the horses to win? ... No. Unless God truly misunderstands Mafia, a big fat NO. A serial killer would be going after players in the game. They are as likely to kill people as horses. I doubt there is any predilection towards horses. I think it was just something to start the game off. Oh no. Someone has killed two rare printed horses from the Wild West line. Now what do we do? How do we protect the horsies? I don't think we should pay attention to plot. We may be up against two threats, yes, but I wouldn't write off the possibility of a serial killer so soon.

If there are two groups, then they are working at odds with each other. They are not united against us. So, it would be 65% against two teams of 18% each. Which is fair, and possibly unfair against the scum among us, since they will have to go against the other side.

Agreed.

That won't work as it's subjective. You're not just claiming Town, you're claiming to be "the towniest" which the oracle won't be able to answer, or lie detector or whatever century we're in.

You're a snarky little thing, aren't you?

Yes. :blush:

As for my comment, it isn't odd at all. I think it's entirely possible that someone could take action during the day and learn something and if they did, I'd much rather we followed that lead before simply jumping to a conclusion based on what people are saying. We all know the success rate of that. Except maybe talking hedgehogs, naturally, so you're excused you cute little thing.

I beg to differ. It's odd. Unless you know someone who has a Day Action and they're going to use it and share the results with us. Do you know something that will help us? Do you have something to share? Did someone claim a Day Action to you and you're hoping they will use it? You're hoping we follow "that lead: instead of "jumping to conclusions". Forgive my feeble and tiny hedgehog brain, but that seems an awful lot to hang your hopes on considering the history of games...of life.

Oh, I found a note:

Dear Oscar,

You're right. What Shadell is saying is odd.

Love always, you cute little cuddle-wumkins,

Lady Dolores

I'm glad the invisible lady agrees with me.

That is not claiming innocent, and it's also my copyright, so you'll never be able to show cooperation with that.

Vote: Billie (bob)

Not aiming for a lynch here, but completely ignoring all that's gone on in thread is the closest thing to an anchor town has so far.

It's a good point. I'll take you off the list, since it could be a SK trick. Cooperate or not, that's the best thing to do :wink:

Oscar (Hinckley) claimed

Wild Dragon (Dragonator)

Patty (DarthPotato)

Carl (CallMePie)

Walter (WaterbrickDown)

Dave (Piratedave84)

Fred (def) claimed

Cece (Cecilie)

Ginny (Captain Genaro)

Tammy (Tamamono)

Penny (VolcanicPanik)

Billie (badboytje88)

Amy (iamded)

Katie (PsyKater)

Zara (zakura)

Heather (fhomess)

Matilda (Zepher)

Sara (TheBoyWonder)

Jane (JackJonespaw)

Jimmy (JimButcher)

Mike ( Bob ) won't claim

Here is the 411 on the lie-detector, which, and I quote, tends to be a limited use role.

http://wiki.mafiascu...le=Lie_Detector (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lie_Detector)

Fred just dropped some science on you, yo :excited:

I think you made a small mistake. :look: I think you mean: Vote: Billie (badboytje88)

I think you made a small mistake. :look: I think you mean: Vote: Billie (badboytje88)

Yup, too many donuts. Got stuck on the B's. Thanks.

Vote: Billie (badboy)

==================================

Oscar (Hinckley) claimed

Wild Dragon (Dragonator)

Patty (DarthPotato)

Carl (CallMePie)

Walter (WaterbrickDown)

Dave (Piratedave84)

Fred (def) claimed

Cece (Cecilie)

Ginny (Captain Genaro)

Tammy (Tamamono)

Penny (VolcanicPanik)

Billie (badboytje88) won't claim

Amy (iamded)

Katie (PsyKater)

Zara (zakura)

Heather (fhomess)

Matilda (Zepher)

Sara (TheBoyWonder)

Jane (JackJonespaw)

Jimmy (JimButcher)

Mike (Bob)

This here copper just doesn't function without his nap. Keep those claims a' comin', and feel free to update the tally. If town is lazy or hesitant, it will give scum ample time to jump right in and look townie.

And Fred continues to be the one and only, towniest of town.

We may be up against two threats, yes, but I wouldn't write off the possibility of a serial killer so soon.

I didn't say there was no SK at all, I actually said the opposite.

If there were two groups, speaking as a law enforcement officer with an interest in the history of crime, I would assume there would be two groups of four, making it 17 (or 16 and a psychopath ) members of town.

>yawn!<

8233177697_8cdca90101_s.jpg

Hm, this lie detector thing is definitely interesting. I've seen things like it in dictionaries I've read before, but never really seen it implemented before. I say it's worth a shot. I'm innocent.

More on this subject when I get time - I'm a little busy at the moment grooming Danny.

Me too. My favorite types are bendy or twisty. And I like sucking milk shakes.

Oh, I love milkshakes. :wub:

I didn't say there was no SK at all, I actually said the opposite.

>yawn!<

I caught all of that. I said I agreed with it. What I disagree with is that two dead horses means there are two Scum factions. Two dead horses could mean the Scum killed one and the Serial Killer the other.

8233177923_18a2165f59_s.jpg

But Heartlake is obsessed with horses and God knows that the story being about horses being killed would make a nice start. She is a story writer after all. Is it likely the Scum is to continue to kill only horses? Do they Scum have to kill all the horses to win? ... No. Unless God truly misunderstands Mafia, a big fat NO. A serial killer would be going after players in the game. They are as likely to kill people as horses. I doubt there is any predilection towards horses. I think it was just something to start the game off. Oh no. Someone has killed two rare printed horses from the Wild West line. Now what do we do? How do we protect the horsies? I don't think we should pay attention to plot. We may be up against two threats, yes, but I wouldn't write off the possibility of a serial killer so soon.

I agree with the bane of my existance, even though he's always mucking up the grounds, unless we have evidence to prove otherwise, while it is fine to entertain and discuss such theories we should not be basing our entire thought processes on them. There could be two sets of evil doers, one and a psychopath, or any other manner of combinations, in fact I am reminded of another dream I had about vikings where two chaps were found dead before an entire event such as this occurerred and there was only one set of baddies. The only reasonable things being tossed around today, unprecidented as they may be, are these lie detecting cookies. Although it's a little late now, as Trisha will be under the scrutiny of those scum amongst us, it would have been great to reserve them for a lie that could have led to more people instead of a more scatter-shot method. Come to think of it, we may be able to make better use of these cookies if we can somehow inter-weave everyone's comments, let me break out the ol' pen and paper and see how this would work.

I caught all of that. I said I agreed with it. What I disagree with is that two dead horses means there are two Scum factions. Two dead horses could mean the Scum killed one and the Serial Killer the other.

We may be up against two threats, yes, but I wouldn't write off the possibility of a serial killer so soon.

Oh, someone else must have been writing off the possibility that there was no SK. It really looked aimed at this poor tired copper.

I kind of think that qualifies as two threats as well, unless you have no reason to fear one of them. At this point, I think it's safe to say that we can all see a lot of possibilities, but I'm of the mind that two deaths are meant to tell us that this isn't going to stop and not much else.

I beg to differ. It's odd. Unless you know someone who has a Day Action and they're going to use it and share the results with us. Do you know something that will help us? Do you have something to share? Did someone claim a Day Action to you and you're hoping they will use it? You're hoping we follow "that lead: instead of "jumping to conclusions". Forgive my feeble and tiny hedgehog brain, but that seems an awful lot to hang your hopes on considering the history of games...of life.

As opposed to hanging your hopes on a random guess that the history of games has shown over and over is usually wrong? I'm not saying we shouldn't vote, since it's obviously important that we take action as well as not incur the wrath of the almighty voice, I'm just hoping we can avoid the usual mistake in the process. Sorry if that confused you, and no, I don't know anything because anyone who would actually claim a role at this point would be a complete retard, also based on the past history of games.

What I do see is someone doing exactly what I hoped for, however, and claiming to be able to help already. Shame I think it's the most idiotic claim I've ever seen, as I'm sure you agree. Still, it enlightening and causing conversation, which is something we can look back on later for patterns, so I'm happy to see it.

I'm glad the invisible lady agrees with me.

We only have your word that you can even read, but if you can, I'd have to imagine that your invisible lady is an invisible lady hedgehog writing in hedgehog language, so maybe you'll get lucky. :laugh: