sgtbernalcl25

Lego Mirkwood Elf Guardian Polybag @ Toys R us

We scored 8 Mirkwood elves today at our local TRU, harnessing the BOGO50 sale for a total of 30 bucks and change - about 4 dollars an Elf. Heading back tomorrow for another 12 - guess I'm glad ultimately that I missed the online sale!

Edited by Darth Caedus

I did 6 Mirkwood elves today at the south OKC TRU. It is in an older neighborhood than the north OKC location. I also got the BOGO.

Finally found 30 polybags all in a box on the shelf, no rack for display lol. I only got 8 of them because I want to wait and see when my local TRU will have them, it is in stock but they have to wait for Lego rep to set up display. And I did get the BOGO too, so it was $32 total. Sure beats Ebay with shipping costs, like 38 dollars for 5 or 88 bucks for ten.

Picked up 12 at the TRU in Bridgepointe Center in San Mateo / Foster City CA this morning. Probably at least 20-30 more still there. Have to ask at Guest Services; they've got them behind the counter. BOGO50 in effect! Btw there were none at the TRU in Redwood City.

I looked up on Bricklink the cost of a mushroom, two arches, a tree leaf, a barrel, and a trans green large goblet - all together that's about $1.70, which means after the BOGO, we're getting the minifig for about $2!

Yeah I guess I will never have the satisfaction of finding the Mirkwood Elf polybag at my local TRU. Somehow they go from it's in stock, wait for truck to unload to wait for Lego rep to oh we lost both cases. I even spoke to the manager on the phone, this store is terrible how can they haphazardly handle inventory, unbelievable! Either it's lies or they really did lose then somehow.

Tomorrow I'll take yet another 30min drive to the store I found the others in and hope they have some more.

I think I have been missing them by hours. There seem to be a lot of collectors in the DFW area. I found one crunched up and thrown behind a pile of PoP sets, but that is all I have found so far. Just looking to get 5 total.

I found one crunched up and thrown behind a pile of PoP sets, but that is all I have found so far.

:laugh: Too funny. I saw a couple of full-priced PoP Fight for the Dagger sets at my TRU too, and thought "What in the world do they still have those sets for? I bought four of those on 70% clearance in January 2011!" Just reinforces my resolve to never shop for LEGO at TRU except in the case of exclusives.

I was about to say how are there still PoP sets around?? The only sets I bought were clearanced last year.

I think I have been missing them by hours. There seem to be a lot of collectors in the DFW area. I found one crunched up and thrown behind a pile of PoP sets, but that is all I have found so far. Just looking to get 5 total.

I stopped by the FW location where I got them last week. Totally cleaned out, but they did have the warg set. (I passed on that one, waiting for barrel escape)

I was about to say how are there still PoP sets around?? The only sets I bought were clearanced last year.

I stopped by the FW location where I got them last week. Totally cleaned out, but they did have the warg set. (I passed on that one, waiting for barrel escape)

I was at Cherry Lane almost at opening, saw the same thing. I saw the Warg set too, did the math on the sale, and realized that it was still a better deal buying from Walmart.

:laugh: Too funny. I saw a couple of full-priced PoP Fight for the Dagger sets at my TRU too, and thought "What in the world do they still have those sets for? I bought four of those on 70% clearance in January 2011!" Just reinforces my resolve to never shop for LEGO at TRU except in the case of exclusives.

Right, our TRUs here in Fort Worth all have at least a couple full price PoP sets. I don't understand why they don't clearance those suckers out. I would buy them deep discount. Not at the overpriced markup though.

I much prefer chainmail or armor on my elves so I like your changes. I don't like the yellow heads but swapping them out on the CMF looks great. Now I want to check brinklink for some CMF bodies so I can make half my Mirkwood guards have some variety.

Edit:

It appears they go for at least 5 bucks a piece so I may have to get 4 or so and make a small group of royal guards for a Thranduil throne room or something. Speaking of which I am currently looking for parts to make a Thranduil custom minifig. Need a silvery torso and pants and some kind of twisty crown piece like in the Thranduil official concept images.

By the time of BATA maybe we will get minifigs of Mirkwood soldiers at the BOFA.

Edited by Mahtion

Anybody else done this?

8240591974_7aee9e996f_z.jpg

AC

I noticed you swapped the hood/hairpiece. The wood elves body doesn't look nice with the CMF hair. The CMF body look nice with the hood though.

Alas, I dun have so many of both elves as you do..

I much prefer chainmail or armor on my elves so I like your changes. I don't like the yellow heads but swapping them out on the CMF looks great. Now I want to check brinklink for some CMF bodies so I can make half my Mirkwood guards have some variety.

They should march into the Helm Deep battle with the armor and stay in the woods with their elven clothes. So depending on the usage of the elves, you need different clothes.

I would not have guessed to do that. I don't know why, but it didn't cross my mind. I'm not a huge fan of the dark green hood with quiver on the Mirkwood archers, so adding it to the CMF elf is brilliant. That is a lot of green, but it works well together. I actually put the hood on a Rohan soldier too (not that they wore hoods), but the greens looked so nice together. Maybe I'll make my own custom armies by using pieces like that. But I will definitely be swapping out with some CMF elves, that's for sure. The only thing I don't love is the silver on the CMF and the gold accents on the LOTR elves like Haldir/Elrond (the Mirkwood doesn't have it though). Thanks for showing us that AC! Your minifigure collections never disappoint!

Have these made an appearance at a Canadian Toys R Us? Does anyone know if we can expect them in the future up here?

Thanks all for the comments and you'd most likely see these in some future dioramas that I'll be working on.

AC

Anybody else done this?

8240591974_7aee9e996f_z.jpg

AC

I did something similar with them:

8208113678_9e0d432d5a_o.jpg

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=76290

I took the shields from the CMFs to equip armored units, took the hoods from the Mirkwood Elves to give to the CMFs, and replaced the CMF bows with the new long swords (Evil Knight) and short swords (Blacksmith). I gave the Mirkwood Elves the CMF werewolf hairpieces instead of the CMF Elf hairpieces. The hooded Elves are at the top of the picture, and a little hard to see.

Do any of you have the TRU item number for this elf please?