Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Ratmancer's Cowl - The wearer's physical attacks deal double damage against vermin. Costs 70 gold. *1 IN STOCK*

Does that mean that I'll deal quadruple damage to vermin if I wear the cowl while attacking with the wind + ice weapon? :drool:

Elphaba has left the Marketplace, to return in the spring.

:distressed: She left a day early, and I forgot to buy an aquamarine :wall:

Edited by Flare

Does that mean that I'll get quadruple damage if I wear the cowl while attacking with the wind + ice weapon? :drool:

Octuple. :devil_laugh:

If you are serious then I am going and buying that cowl right away... it will be quite useful in the Unlimited Quest :devil: (yes I'm waiting for BD and his gang to get out :tongue:) There are quite a few vermin in there :tongue:

Edited by Flare

Reminding me of that just made me look back over all the enemies for the final Wren Quest. Hm... got to make sure you don't cripple any of them permanently before they make their mark. Luckily, many of them are immune to insta-kill. :devil:

On a side note, sign-ups should be up as soon as Sandy gets back. Hopefully. We're still workshopping the Wren Class, but other than that, we're pretty much ready to go. QMs, if I contacted you, consider getting that project done semi-soon if you're still interested. Etzel is the only one to have gotten back to me with it, and it looks stunning, so get your hats in the ring too!

Today is this week's last day of school, then the weekend is completely free. Probably use Heroica as a big timesink, and get that scene to you. :blush:

Today is this week's last day of school, then the weekend is completely free. Probably use Heroica as a big timesink, and get that scene to you. :blush:

You're lucky. I've got today and half of next week as last-week-of-school-Hell and my weekend is coated in essays if I can't finish three of them tonight. Then there's Finals. I'm almost glad that we didn't get updated yesterday. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Is there stated anywhere (or can anybody tell me) what (LEGO) colors the gems are?

My guesses:

Ruby Trans-Red

Aquamarin Trans-Light-Blue

Garnet Trans-Orange

Sapphire Trans-DarkBlue

Opal Trans-Medium-Blue

Topaz Trans-Yellow

Emerald Trans-Green

Diamond Trans-Clear

Amethyst Trans-Purple

I am pretty sure, that this is right, but I'd like to have a confirmation. Thanks! :classic:

First page.

:sceptic: ?

Cannot find it there?!

Does not matter that much any more, just ordered a bunch of every gem via bricklink, trusting myself. :grin:

Edited by PsyKater

:sceptic: ?

Cannot find it there?!

Does not matter that much any more, just ordered a bunch of every gem via bricklink, trusting myself. :grin:

heroicarules5.jpg

Are you sure you read PsyKater's question? It doesn't say anywhere what the name of the colours for the gems are.

But I think you got it right, PsyKater, in your list. :thumbup:

You got Opal and Aquamarine mixed up, but you're still good. :thumbup:

Are you sure you read PsyKater's question? It doesn't say anywhere what the name of the colours for the gems are.

May have misunderstood it.

Does that mean that I'll get quadruple damage if I wear the cowl while attacking with the wind + ice weapon? :drool:

Sandy, could you confirm that it really would be octuple damage before I go and blow the gold on buying it? :wink:

If you are serious then I am going and buying that cowl right away... it will be quite useful in the Unlimited Quest :devil: (yes I'm waiting for BD and his gang to get out :tongue:) There are quite a few vermin in there :tongue:

Actually with the right effects, it may be more worthwhile to go Hunter. I think I calculated a 1152x multiplier vs. beasts/vermin types when done right.

Actually with the right effects, it may be more worthwhile to go Hunter. I think I calculated a 1152x multiplier vs. beasts/vermin types when done right.

Let's see: Fragile, Encouraged, Favoured, which is x12, Fire, Ice, Wind, which is x16, = 192, I don't come any further.

Let's see: Fragile, Encouraged, Favoured, which is x12, Fire, Ice, Wind, which is x16, = 192, I don't come any further.

Clarification

vs. a Beast/Vermin:

Fragile x Encouraged x Hunter's Quiver (Favoring both vermin and beasts) x Fire x Ice x Wind = 2x2x9x2x4x4 = 1152, if you include the hood then it's 2304.

vs. Vermin or Beast alone:

Fragile x Encouraged x Hunter's Quiver (Favoring either vermin or beasts) x Fire or Wind x Ice = 2x2x3x2x2= 48, if you include the hood then it's 96 (against vermin).

Fire and Ice affect both Beasts and Vermin, so they're 4s rather than 2s, and Marking the Favored multiplies by 3, so if both Vermin and Beasts are Marked it's 9.

Edited by CallMePie

Ruby does not effect vermin.

Well it does, but not especially. :wink:

Think of it this way: Say you are a mage, and you got hired by some lady to clear her basement from vermin, what spells would you use? Not fire, that seems like a terrible idea, you might burn her house down. Ice or wind however, perfect. The wind may even blow away the dust that tends to gather in basements, and Ice has the added effect of keeping the food storages cool. Bonus points! It makes sense.

You're right Scuba, fixed.

vs. a Beast/Vermin:

Fragile x Encouraged x Hunter's Quiver (Favoring both vermin and beasts) x Fire x Ice x Wind = 2x2x9x2x4x2 = 576, if you include the Ratmancer's Cowl then it's 1152.

vs. Vermin or Beast alone:

Fragile x Encouraged x Hunter's Quiver (Favoring either vermin or beasts) x Fire or Wind x Ice = 2x2x3x2x2= 48, if you include the Ratmancer's Cowl then it's 96 (against vermin).

May have misunderstood it.

I was confused at first, but now I got the misunderstanding. You thought I was asking what color the gems are in general, not knowing the Rules (that I linked :wink:). So your answer was right. On the pic I can see that the Ruby is red. Trans-red maybe. But it is not stated what exact LEGO color it is. But after checking the bricklink pictures for the gems, I see some .... similarity :grin:

You got Opal and Aquamarine mixed up, but you're still good. :thumbup:

Are you sure? I originally thought it the other way as well, but looking at the pictures at bricklink, they match better this way.