lightningtiger

MOC - Elders Merchandise & Real Estate Office

After I broke down yesterdays little MOC I thought my Landmark store needed someone to complete with for customers so a w-i-p of an Elders store/office.

000000_elders_99.jpg

I haven't finished the roof and flooring yet plus a custom minifig to work there. :wink:

Keep watching for more updates.........oh, yes this should be joining the rest of New Mannum once I score some base plates again. :blush:

I think the real estate office should be separate to the store (another entrance).

Brick on drunk tiger. :classic:

Well, here's a real one......elders_example_01.png

And I haven't had a drink in a few days ! :laugh:

Hopefully I can finish at least the structure a.s.a.p. keep watching ! :wink:

Found another example of an Elders.....

elders_example_2.png

Still working on the roof and finding the rest of the tiles for the floor.....might have to generate some extra merchandise for though....I'll see on Monday what I can improve.

Keep watching ! :wink:

Really nice lightningtiger :thumbup: :thumbup:

As you say "Brick On" :wink:

Really nice lightningtiger :thumbup: :thumbup:

As you say "Brick On" :wink:

Thanks 'Wedge', I'll have the roof done today but I'm still missing floor tiles of the right colour....oops and I must create a custom worker for the place.....typical country male or a pretty country girl who daddy owns a rifle ? :laugh:

Keep on watching now you hear ! :laugh:

Very realistic. You're great at recreating that little Aussie country town look and feel!

Very realistic. You're great at recreating that little Aussie country town look and feel!

Thanks, my family and my wife's family histories all date back to rural South Australia in the mid 19th century......and some of her family are still living on and working the land.

Now I just asked this question on ANZFOL.....

I asked should my fuel depot be built on which side of town left (pub end) or right which would be next door to this building.....note Elders sell Shell lube products but I don't know of any of them have fuel pumps/bowsers ?

Keep on doing that thing with your eyes.....oh, yeah watching ! :laugh:

I asked should my fuel depot be built on which side of town left (pub end) or right which would be next door to this building.....note Elders sell Shell lube products but I don't know of any of them have fuel pumps/bowsers ?

Having a fuel depot next to a pub seems wrong, so I guess my answer is on the right end. I don't recall ever seeing an Elders with a bowser.

The Elders store MOC looks very much like the actual store. The little awnings coming out of the sides of the walls look perfect. :wink:

Thanks everyone, okay so I'll build the fuel depot next to the Elders....it will seem more realistic since the motor dealer with tractor is down that end too....best have some distance between the Landmark and Elders....just like keeping a Sears apart from a Walmart ! :laugh:

I must try and get another 48x48 this week so I can place this in the town and I can plan the fuel depot correctly.....but still do I have a female or male or both...yes two people working there.

I guess I could find a new figure to go with the council office and take the business-looking guy as the manager/real estate agent and a female country-girl to run the sales counter (plus drive the forklift).....I did say country girl eh ? :laugh:

Suggestions are always welcome ! :sweet:

Keep watching (always). :wink:

I actually found at place in South Australia called Cummins where the Elders agent is also an agent for Mobil......problem is Elders sell Shell products.

But I'll see how it looks all together....that's the Holden/Case dealer, Elders and fuel pumps/sign.....keep watching tomorrow and the next day..... :blush:

Very nice! Almost spot on to the real thing! Looking forward to seeing it added to the rest of the town.

Very nice! Almost spot on to the real thing! Looking forward to seeing it added to the rest of the town.

Thanks, I believed in giving this building just a little bit of detailing and let the Lego parts do most of the talking minus a main brand name and a little detail on the wall what they do in real life....keep watching ! :classic:

Today I'll be building more props to go with this structure, plus I'm nicking one of the rolls of fencing wire from Landmark and sticking in it inside the Elders. :wink:

I just finshed designing on LDD a water tank that usual sits on a back of a truck, and during the day try and knock up more stuff.....keep on watching because things will be happening ! :grin:

Just a little progress update......not finished that water tank.....missing some cage parts.

000000_elders_85.jpg

Of course more to come.....keep watching ! :wink:

Oh, yeah I found a new home for my ANZ Bank photocopier......

000000_elders_83.jpg

000000_elders_82.jpg

Edit insert fresh picture for the real estate side of the business.....I came up with the guy's name Shane Studley......the stud part comes from what's typical about Lego right ? :wink:

000000_elders_81.jpg

Edited by lightningtiger

Lightningtiger

Nice building and photocopier. Have you found and copies of any minifig posteriors yet.

With a name like Studly I would not be surprised.

Bill

Lightningtiger

Nice building and photocopier. Have you found and copies of any minifig posteriors yet.

With a name like Studly I would not be surprised.

Bill

Thanks.....and you can trust that guy......he's a real estate guy - my brother-in-law owns a real estate agency and I trust him.....especially when he brings the wine to the picnic table ! :laugh:

Now I was able to buy a base plate today....20% off at TRU helped a little.....but now I'm broke till the next job comes in tomorrow. :cry_sad:

000000_elders_77.jpg

Lets see how this ute looks in front of the Elders......

Nice ute! :thumbup: One minor suggestion ... add sides to the tray?

Nice ute! :thumbup: One minor suggestion ... add sides to the tray?

Thanks and I would like too, but it might look dorky and bulky at the same time I can look into it I guess......keep watching everyone ! :classic:

Fuel depot goes in tomorrow, any suggestions what you would like to see in it or any thing else to go with the Elders building ? :classic:

000000_elders_70.jpg

What does everyone think ?

Keep watching....keep suggesting....! :wink:

Edit......let there be light eh ? :wink:

000000_elders_69.jpg

Edited by lightningtiger