I´ve called the German TLG Customer service and complained about the short capes, the Lady told me to contact Warner Bros., i told her it doesn´t make sense since WB didn´t produced those figures/capes so i told her i would like to talk to a higher ranked person, explained it to him to, he asked me for a a few day patience he would take care of the problem! So on monday he called me (i´ve left my phone no.) and told me that in the US TLG is already aware of this production-error and that they found a solution for the capes. And that´s how i´ve received my long cape! Check the Link i´ve posted, it is indeed a long Dk. Blue Cape!

That cape is longer, but whats the hell is going on with it? is this some new shape, or just something they have mashed together to solve this specific issue?

The normal long cape looks much better. I do however think the elves would look much sleeker with darth malgus style capes, they all have the hair to keep it in place.

Edited by deskp

Interesting, I guess it's only a partial solution, since this cape is a different version. The image on the polybag shows the currently most common one, but this one is a bit cut, stays straight and does not come over Elronds shoulders. Wonder where they found a stock of these. If I bought the figure I'd still bother TLG a little. The version on the polybag image still looks best for my taste ...

Edited by MstrOfPppts

To me it seems like this cape has this "special"shape because Elrond´s hair go over it! Maybe TLG thought that a shape like this fits better under the hair-mold?! At least it looks waaaay better than the stupid (hobbit) cape!

To me it seems like this cape has this "special"shape because Elrond´s hair go over it! Maybe TLG thought that a shape like this fits better under the hair-mold?! At least it looks waaaay better than the stupid (hobbit) cape!

Darth malgus cape eliminated the crunshing of the cape and would work great for elf hair, the cape in that image jstu looks bad, how it kindof doesent stats till under his shoulders.

Malgus' cape would look similar I think. It only works on him for the armor piece. This cape seems a new "mold" not even in Bricklink inventory. Maybe they just cut it out of the fabric for the most annoying customers (just kidding Diggydoes). But seriously it makes the fig look like a rocket. It might've worked on Superman, but not on a fantasy model whose cape is tied together on the front and goes over the shoulders!

Well, I guess they at least did something about the longer cape. I guess it isn't a complete lie when TLG says they don't have any long blue capes available because that is a different pattern for a long blue cape. But it's nice that you received something. They are definitely aware of the issues in the States, so I wonder if they plan on doing anything about that. Maybe I should contact them again about it.

Well, I guess they at least did something about the longer cape. I guess it isn't a complete lie when TLG says they don't have any long blue capes available because that is a different pattern for a long blue cape. But it's nice that you received something. They are definitely aware of the issues in the States, so I wonder if they plan on doing anything about that. Maybe I should contact them again about it.

That´s exactly what i thought! At least they took care about it! BTW the TLG-rep was very kind, and he seemed really happy that i´ve told him about the "cape-concern" since he didn´t knew about it before!

I would encourage everybody who´s got a Elrond figure to contact the customer-service and ask for this cape, in the end even if not perfect it looks way better than the short cape!

So does anybody know what that dark blue cape is from? It looks new to me...

I wonder if it's from the lion leader in the Chima sets.

He looks way better with a standard long cape in dark green (ie: eomer's) than that new weird looking triangle cape

No thanks

I just received an email from customer service saying my replacement part was being shipped out. The only thing I sent a request about was the blue cape with my Elrond, so I don't know if that is what they were talking about?? But I guess I'll find out whenever it gets here. I'll keep everyone posted. I wonder if they will send this same differently shaped blue cape (if it is indeed what that is).

What would it look like if you layered the Short and long capes on top of each other? Would it make a nice happy medium? It would be long yet still cover the shoulders.

I did break down and open my Elrond tonight. I was very hesitant, but since I won't be selling him, I thought no reason to be locked in that polybag prison forever (especially being immortal and whatnot). It does look reallly nice. The printing is really terrible on the ears though.

SheepEater - That's weird that your Elrond has dark green printing on the torso. Mine definitely has dark blue near the shoulders and then dark green on the legs. It doesn't necessarily clash, but it seems like a big mish-mash of colors. And the tiny blue cape does look a bit funny on him, but it looks better than no cape at all for some reason. I'll probably end up just making a custom cape for him until LEGO decides to produce dark blue capes again. Any tips on materials for capes? Is it similar to the sail material? I'm sure I've read about it somewhere before, but I can't find it at the moment.

Are my eyes getting old? I swear it looked green in my room, must be the lightbulb. But after taking that pic it look more blue.

I have to take a look at my fig tomorrow in actual sunlight. :laugh:

That's Eomer's cape, (set 9471) BTW

PC010003.JPGPC010003.JPG

2nd pic, hi-res

http://pages.infinit...ue/PC010004.JPG

Edited by SheepEater

It all depends on the lighting. When you first posted that I thought it looked green too and the dark green cape worked quite well, but then I looked at it with an LED flashlight and it was most obviously dark blue. Now the dark green cape wasn't too bad, but I would still imagine dark blue will work the best.

I love the green on his legs. I wish they could have incorporated that color into more of him.

Yes but the Elrond minifig needs to be movie accurate. In the Prologue of LOTR, he is wearing a green skirt with gold trim and the blue shoulder wrapped cloak like the other Prologue Elven Warriors. The green IMO represents his Sindar heritage being of Dior's line and the blue his Noldor linking him to Gil-Galad's kin. Incorporating more green would not properly represent his movie character unless they added the green sleeves on his upper arms but I don't know how they could do this correctly on printed arms.

If you look closely in the Last Alliance or stills, the Elven contingents have different colored cloaks representing their respective realms or regions.

I guess I don't know enough of the history of Elven culture to understand that. That makes sense for everyone to have something a little different dependent on their realms/regions. I think the figure overall is beautiful, so I'm not complaining about that. I'd just like to see more of that green/gold combo somewhere I think.

I received the new cape from customer service and I think it looks great, way better than the short cape. I actually think it's more accurate to the film because it barely covers his shoulders, just like the character in the movie.

Which number is a direct line for the United States? I wouldn't mind getting a few for mine if possible. It is either that or getting some capes off ebay or bricklink.

Hmm... I sent LEGO an email on the 4th and they haven't replied yet, they've never taken this long to reply. Maybe because its my 3rd email they've decided to start ignoring me :sceptic:

I think I'll give it a couple more days, then call them.

I want my long cape!

No problems here in Australia with my LOTOR preorder with EB Games - Elrond arrived safe and sound - now I have to decide whether to keep him, give him to my wife for Xmas or Ebay him.

If those who have requested capes could take a photo of what they look like, it would be much appreciated. I'm curious to see if they're sending out the one with the different shape...

Was freaking out that my late preorder was going to be Elrond-less, but the game finally arrived yesterday. I opened the box while I was driving home from the post office I was so keen to find out. Polybag! Huge sigh. Can't really be bothered getting a different cape, I think the short one looks okay.