According to exoforce.ru, the Garmatron will have a prison cell in the back for a minifigure, and the function of the Samurai Bike is indeed described as a "rapid-fire missile launcher", though exactly how rapid it is I don't know... I'm certainly not expecting anything quite like 7020 from a function so small and unimposing. Other than those two things, none of the functions really seem to be more than what we could have understood from the pictures we already have, but it's still nice to know that Garmatron does have more assets than those pics have really advertised.

Heh, turns out there are some set-show consistencies after all...

Like what??? :sceptic:

The Garmatron in the movie doesn't have a prison!!!

And the Samurai bikes shoot things that look VERY different, more like parts of saws...

What I meant is the trap that Lloyd falls into.

Edited by DraikNova

Like what??? :sceptic:

The Garmatron in the movie doesn't have a prison!!!

And the Samurai bikes shoot things that look VERY different, more like parts of saws...

No, the Samurai Bikes in the show each have a giant energy cannon on the back (which somewhat resemble an NXT sensor of some kind). The vehicles that shoot saw blades are completely different, as I remember it-- more like catapults than anything else. Unless there was a scene in which the bikes shot saws which I'm not remembering.

Also, yeah, I can see how the trapdoor on the Garmatron could be connected with the prison cage in the set, depending on how that ends up looking.

What I meant is the trap that Lloyd falls into.

No, the Samurai Bikes in the show each have a giant energy cannon on the back (which somewhat resemble an NXT sensor of some kind). The vehicles that shoot saw blades are completely different, as I remember it-- more like catapults than anything else. Unless there was a scene in which the bikes shot saws which I'm not remembering.

Also, yeah, I can see how the trapdoor on the Garmatron could be connected with the prison cage in the set, depending on how that ends up looking.

Okay, I suppose so, but I meant that is isn't very similar because Lloyd gets thrown out the back.

And I knew that they were different vehicles, but they are the only vehicles that ever shoot anything (ot including Garmatron).

i.e., maybe the Samurai Bikes have energy cannons, but they never shoot them, or at least very rarely.

...Garmadon's face is the same in Temple of Light.

-Sci

I thought it looked the same but wasn't quite sure. Glad to see you confim (since I wanted it to be the same face... :grin: )

Awww. I thought it would be the Overlord face. Also, can someone tell me why there are 4 box images for every set? :wacko:

I think there are supposed to be a pic from every angle avalable from the front. To Bad there aren't any from the back :grin:

I´m disappointed that we won´t get an Ovelord face.

I don't think it would have looked that good "flattened" against the minifig head anyway.

^That's what the mouthguard was for, since The Helmet of Shadows never had that in the show.

^That's what the mouthguard was for, since The Helmet of Shadows never had that in the show.

I actually get the idea that this is meant to just be Garmadon and the mouth guard was deliberately omitted in the show so Garmadon could be more expressive-- the same way that parts of the masks in the fourth BIONICLE movie were removed except in fight scenes so that the characters' mouths could be seen.

The Stone Army didn't get similar treatment because, being generic enemies, the audience is not meant to identify or sympathize with them.

I actually get the idea that this is meant to just be Garmadon and the mouth guard was deliberately omitted in the show so Garmadon could be more expressive...

I agree, I don't think it's even supposed to be the overlord, LEGO just thought it would add something to the set to include the mouth piece (it does!). :thumbup:

Thanks for the pictures. It only confirms my lack of interest in this theme (I've never been huge into Ninjago). Although I do really like the Kimono outfits and the stone warriors. I may have to pick them up, but the sets as is isn't really my cup of tea. I think this will be a good farewell wave for the theme though after seeing everything that has been available.

I'm not sure on this group? I love the Kimono Ninja's and some of the figs. But the sets themselves seem sort of soso. I think the only one on my must have list is the Gold Dragon? The Temple of Light just seems bleah compared to the Fire Temple set.

I'm not sure on this group? I love the Kimono Ninja's and some of the figs. But the sets themselves seem sort of soso. I think the only one on my must have list is the Gold Dragon? The Temple of Light just seems bleah compared to the Fire Temple set.

There are a lot of sets that will seem bleah compared to the Fire Temple set. If the Fire Temple set is your threshold for a good set your standards might be a bit high.

Overall, the Temple of Light has some interesting architecture, and is a decent likeness of the setting from the show. Also, I love how it can fold up, so it can actually resemble a 3-D structure rather than just a facade like so many 2011 sets (Spinjitzu Dojo and other "arena" sets). It can never be fully enclosed, but overall I'm impressed with its design. The only criticisms I have are that the tiny gong and mallet is a poor substitute for the epic giant bell from the show, and there is no place to "hide" the Golden Mech before it is unlocked with the elemental swords.

Edited by Aanchir

$70 for the Temple of Light? Meh...

Oh, forgot to add, I was at Kohl's tonight (lol) and they had a kids shirt with the Golden Ninja and the Stone Army fighting the ninja. I'd get a pic, but I can't find one at the moment

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

$70 for the Temple of Light? Meh...

Oh, forgot to add, I was at Kohl's tonight (lol) and they had a kids shirt with the Golden Ninja and the Stone Army fighting the ninja. I'd get a pic, but I can't find one at the moment

-Sci

I had saw that shirt a month or so ago,when I first saw it I was like"if a shirt like that was here could it be possible that the sets were there too"...sadly I was disappointed. :grin: