Mister Phes

PICTORIAL REVIEW: 6276 Eldorado Fortress

Just a Quick line, in the U.K this set was known as 'Governor's Fort Sabre'.A fantastic set. Would be great if they could have legend of it.

Ah,but I don't know about it... Can you link that???

I already had... Here is the link to 6090/10176 on Shop at Home again.

Well I didn't saw that... I think the things are clear now...

We'll never see the old ones,the real legends ... just the updated ones (which will be,in my opinion,only the poor reflections of the old classic design's charm)...

The Skulls Eye Schooner would make a great Legend, however The LEGO Company has already re-released 3 ships from the Pirate theme (Armada Flagship, Red Beard Runner and Black Seas Barracdua) so it would be nice to see something different. The Imperial Guards have had no sets re-released whatsoever...

Exactly... Every kind of the old islandic sets is welcome

(Examples:Eldorado Fortress,Rock Island Refuge or the great harbour set like the Imperial Trading Post is)

But release of the SES,the same like it was back then,wouldn't bother me,too... as I'm thinking that's one of the best sets LEGO has ever made...

Greetings from Serbia

Just a Quick line, in the U.K this set was known as 'Governor's Fort Sabre'.

It was also known by that name in Australia too and probably other places as well... Check out the What's in the name... Thread to see the names of Pirate sets in other countries and you'll discover the sets and characters go by quite a few different names. You can add the UK names if you like.

I'd really like to see this as a Legend as well. Although I think the Trading Post is more feature-rich, this was the first Imperial fort. I am also partial to the blue Soldiers, since most of my pirate sets were acquired when the Soldiers were around. I don't have too many sets after the Imperial Guards came out. The Soldiers' sets also seem to mesh well, I could put Eldorado fortress right next to my Lagoon Lockup and the docks would match somewhat.

This would be an ideal candidate for a legend. It would be cheaper than ITP, since it is a smaller set, and probably sell well. Also, the lack of grey in the set means those still angry about the grey color change (like me) won't have much to complain about. The set originally came out in 1989; some of the people who never got the set or had it and got rid of it have kids of their own now, the perfect excuse to get a classic set for themselves.

Also, the lack of grey in the set means those still angry about the grey color change (like me) won't have much to complain about.

Yeah,this is a really good argument.

A reason more for TLC to make this one as a Legend... :-)

Greetings from Serbia

Also, the lack of grey in the set means those still angry about the grey color change (like me) won't have much to complain about.

Yeah,this is a really good argument.

A reason more for TLC to make this one as a Legend... :-)

Greetings from Serbia

Wow so true I never thought of it that way...Great idea, what do others think though?

I wouldn't mind any color changes, (as long as it still looked good) I just want it :-)

One last point to say, this set holds the largest amount of soldiers out of all the sub themes. No other sub theme holds as many as this set. So it also allows you to bolster your army.

OOOOOOOO... I like this set. Also, I like those pictures. And, when Mister Phes said "Fort Sabre", it is another name for it.

Nice review, sorry I missed it at the time. I remember getting this set long ago..good times X-D ... And this would make a great legend because of the lack of bley...

God Bless,

Nathan

Fort Sabre is a lego set Tully ;-) . Ah, the pictorial, I think this what finally brought me into EB.

Norro, Do you mean " because it has barely any gray in it?" There's quite a few, but not much, and nothing dark gray...cept the cannons and the cell door :-X .

Norro, Do you mean " because it has barely any gray in it?"

It has a relatively small amount so that I could buy the legend and not complain...too much :-D

God Bless,

Nathan

Pretty good set. First appearence of the CRAPP from memory and one of the few places it was used well. I own this unfortunately somebody stepped on the CRAPP and busted it.

A pretty good set with solid play potential. I've thought about replacing the base rebuilding it and decking out with red coats to add to the Imperial Trading Post.

CM

5/5

This is a great set. I like how the walls are built up around the outside. There are so many useful pieces you could use on this set to build other structures. I also like having the two oar boats 5 blue coats and an admiral.

Duke

First appearence of the CRAPP from memory and one of the few places it was used well. I own this unfortunately somebody stepped on the CRAPP and busted it.

CRAPP? Is that an acronym or the literal meaning :-X If an acronym what does it stand for?

That would stink if someone stepped in crap then on your Lego X-D

Mister phes, did you notice that the flag was upside-down in some pictures? (6/5)

You mean Sabre Island is a set. In the UK, the fortress was called Fort Sabre, Imperal Scouts.

The fort does itself justice.I figure you've probably improved camera wise now.Anyways I always wanted this set.I especially like the blue soldiers.

CRAPP? Is that an acronym or the literal meaning :-X If an acronym what does it stand for?

That would stink if someone stepped in crap then on your Lego X-D

The acronym stands for Crummy Ramp And Pit Plate.

Mister phes, did you notice that the flag was upside-down in some pictures? (6/5)

Yes I did. I probably should have digitally corrected that but I never got round to it and probably won't for a long time.

The acronym stands for Crummy Ramp And Pit Plate.

Oh, I suppose that makes SOME sense...

Those pictorial reviews are a great idea!

I don't own this set. But anyway, I enjoyed reading your review (i see this is from 2006, sorry if you have a problem with reviving old topics...) :hmpf:

i see this is from 2006, sorry if you have a problem with reviving old topics... :hmpf:

There is no problem with reviving an old thread. It give the opportunity to newer members to view some of the good work that was done in the past.