finishlast

Lego Winter Village Edition 2012

Really nice.. i will expand my 2011 christmas layout with the Winter Village Cottage. Will soon start to put the 10229 into the layout... !! I will add another 48x48 baseplate and add some extra 'snow' and trees!! Here is the 2011 version:

8136226951_3c92d32464.jpg

Edited by LegoSjaak

I created a snowy hill with all white parts i have at the moment.. I ordered a lot of white plates, to cover the roof. The parts will arrive soon. I'm happy with the snowy hill so far, and i think that the Log Cabin 5766 fits really well into the Winter Village scenery! Can't wait to go on with my Winterlayout.... !! Here a picture of the log cabin o a snowy hill....

8186450076_2f6c07df3d.jpg

I created a snowy hill with all white parts i have at the moment.. I ordered a lot of white plates, to cover the roof. The parts will arrive soon. I'm happy with the snowy hill so far, and i think that the Log Cabin 5766 fits really well into the Winter Village scenery! Can't wait to go on with my Winterlayout.... !! Here a picture of the log cabin o a snowy hill....

Or you could try to get something like this:

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=36367&stc=1&d=1350817032

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/showthread.php?t=27455

That is looking good too.. i like how you put in the snowplough.. it looks really dynamic, as if it just stopped with ploughing and the motor is still running!

I do put a street in my Winter Village, and will definitely use both vehicles on it!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

I would kove to see how such a switch works. I have tried to make one of my own and am not very satisfied with the result. Would appreciate any pics of a swithch that keeps the light brick on without holding it.

First of all: very lovely scene. I like the lighting. I would try it myself if I was more kind of a handyman.

To the switch I must say that it is an easy one. I only have pictures on my mobile at the moment which are quite too large. I only can say it works :-)

I will post those pictures later. Here now the only pic I am able to load up.

Greetings

herrJJ

post-32797-0-42842500-1354053361_thumb.jpg

First of all: very lovely scene. I like the lighting. I would try it myself if I was more kind of a handyman.

To the switch I must say that it is an easy one. I only have pictures on my mobile at the moment which are quite too large. I only can say it works :-)

I will post those pictures later. Here now the only pic I am able to load up.

Greetings

herrJJ

Thanks for the reply. I believe that I can just make out what you have done and it gives me some ideas to try.

Very nice, but do these set ever go on sale since they are Lego exclusive?

Most people can easily find these sets in several shops... just search before thinking they will not be on sale.... Here in Holland there are numerous internetshops who sell all wintersets for a nice price!!

Succes wit your search, and you can't have all Lego at once.. it is also a way of collecting.. My layout took me 3,5 years.. and some even collect way longer... !

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Yes, Winter Village sets are spread over many shops, supermarkets and so on, and they had heavy discounts last summer. I got them all far below retail price.

Yes, Winter Village sets are spread over many shops, supermarkets and so on, and they had heavy discounts last summer. I got them all far below retail price.

Me too..except for the Winter Village Cottage...couldn't wait and ordered it at Lego.com... Well.. at least the profit goes to TLG to design new sets..haha..

Same for me. Got it 10% cheaper during Brick Friday though. There was a chance to get it 50% off that day and that was too tempting.

As I promised here are some pictures of the switch working :-)

Though I cannot upload the pics here the link on flickr:

Greetings

herrJJ